• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    So if I understand right the ffl could sell the mags that came with the gun to an out of state individual and ship them to said individual and still be in compliance with the law then.

correct. just not to the original MD purchaser of the firearm.

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    yes, but if you the MD resident are directing it to a specific person for purchase, this would violate the spirit if not the letter of the advisory, so I doubt the FFL would take this risk. Too much like a straw purchase of a mag.

Some FFLs have gunbroker or internet sales, including mag sales. Atlantic Firearms as one example, sells a lot of cool stuff to non-MD residents: https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/

I may or may not have purchased a few of their MD legal things and they sell both MD legal (pinned/welded) mags and mags to out of state customers.
    Straw purchase of a gun is obviously illegal. I've never heard that straw purchase of a magazine is illegal.

If I have a buddy in PA and he buys some 30 round mags for me, then I go to his house in PA, give him the cash and pick up the mags is that illegal? It's clearly a straw purchase.

Rob.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    That's different than a MD FFL transferring the mags from the sale of a MD firearm to that MD resident another state.

Apples and oranges

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    So if I understand right the ffl could sell the mags that came with the gun to an out of state individual and ship them to said individual and still be in compliance with the law then.

Yes as long as the individual isn't a MD resident purchasing the magazine within the states boundaries. A MD resident must be in MD's boundaries to purchase / transfer a firearm and that's where the advisory was heading. You can't legally purchase or receive standard capacity mags in MD but can out of state. :sad20:

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Straw purchase of a gun is obviously illegal. I've never heard that straw purchase of a magazine is illegal.

If I have a buddy in PA and he buys some 30 round mags for me, then I go to his house in PA, give him the cash and pick up the mags is that illegal? It's clearly a straw purchase.

Rob.

Nor is there any other gun part other than the regulated receiver that would be a "straw purchase" - trigger parts, barrels, furniture, scopes, screws, nuts, slings and so forth

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    One small thread, two bans. Not bad.

Let me reiterate...

Advocate for breaking MD firearm laws and you will be suspended. Multiple violations will get you tossed for good. We may not like the laws, but we will not play host to discussions of how to commit crimes.

Oh happy day. :D

Sports89man has been a jackass for a long time, glad to see he finally got the boot. Didn't think the Ruskie would last through the weekend.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

Rob.

Nor is there any other gun part other than the regulated receiver that would be a "straw purchase" - trigger parts, barrels, furniture, scopes, screws, nuts, slings and so forth

"Like" a straw purchase. Whether this is legal or not, whether the MSP even has jurisdiction, is debatable.

Regardless, if it were me, I would exercise my 5th amendment right to STFU and not say a word about plans.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    And on this day in MDS history not one shite was given about these banned members. Probably about as much as ol’ Sporty claimed not to care about forum rules and state laws.

ok

Attachments

• bill.jpg
      bill.jpg
      8.3 KB · Views: 694
    Last edited:

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    And on this day in MDS history not one shite was given about these banned members. Probably about as much as ol’ Sporty claimed not to care about forum rules and state laws

Regarding repeat offenders:

If they use tapatalk, which I think the OP did, is their device id reported to the forum when they connect? I'd be surprised if it didn't. So even if he changes his userid, ip address the device ID will be the same unless he also changes phones.

It might be worth asking our forum admin to look into this to track him and future repeat banned members.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Norton has all manner of tricks in his bag o’ goodies.

The good thing is people who create a 2nd account get a perma ban to boot

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Regarding repeat offenders:

If they use tapatalk, which I think the OP did, is their device id reported to the forum when they connect? I'd be surprised if it didn't. So even if he changes his userid, ip address the device ID will be the same unless he also changes phones.

I have no idea, but I'll ask Norton and TexKev.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Unless the OP removed the Tapatalk tag line the app uses, he did not use Tapatalk.

ETA I was corrrcted by Fidelity on this info

Thanks

Last edited:

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Unless the OP removed the Tapatalk tag line the app uses, he did not use Tapatalk.
    I agree with the logical argument that you are making given his struggles with modifying his signature, but it looks like he is forum browsing via Tapatalk. In the attached picture of his user profile, see the small orange T near his alias alerting other Tapatalk users that he's available for Tapatalk chat.

He's also online right now. Possibly browsing this thread. In the second pic, the green dot at 4 o'clock on the avatar pic (near the ass, lol) indicates being online.
    0a784a489f5a4819ac3e643902941ddd.jpg

d8ecf9c5a053ed7b2bd258f22a9498a3.jpg

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Didn’t notice that. He can’t figure out how to fix his sig line but can remove the built in sig line built into Tapatalk

Unless it’s intentional or just plain ignorant LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom