• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beowulf9

Aug 31, 2017
    Need to swap my fuel pump.
    Recommend please a non-expensive repair place. Or even one of those "mobile mechanics" who come to your place.

Also need alignment done.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Well, if you go down the road to the second red light and make a right, then go down to the old barn on the left, turn at the next right. Then go to the covered bridge and under that, there will be a troll. Pay him and cross the bridge. Go down that road a far piece and then you'll see a garage on the left. Don't stop there, they will charge you too much. Make a left just beyond that garage and go over 2 hills and look to your right. There in the hollow, you'll see a house. Stop in there and tell them where you live. Then they'll be able to tell you of a good garage somewhere near your house.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    stthomas229 has a shop in Laurel, don’t know if he is back to work but his partner is still wrenching.

Steve is down in Silver Spring now, now far from the intersection of Georgia Ave and 29.

Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    stthomas229 has a shop in Laurel, don’t know if he is back to work but his partner is still wrenching.

My place in Laurel closed in '15, could not keep it going after my accident. I'm back is Silver Spring, not wrenching much, working in the office.

If Silver spring works for you, shops number is 301-495-0188

Rossi's Automotive
    903 Selim Rd.
    Silver Spring

THanks for the mention Huckleberry

dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    My place in Laurel closed in '15, could not keep it going after my accident. I'm back is Silver Spring, not wrenching much, working in the office.

Rossi's Automotive
    903 Selim Rd.
    Silver Spring

Steve has done some great work for me!

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    Ridgeville Service Center in Mt Airy. Good honest mechanics. Not the cheapest though. However, they really are honest and won't dig up unnecessary crap to 'fix' like a lot of places.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes

Rossi's Automotive
    903 Selim Rd.
    Silver Spring

No problem, Steve. Never availed your services but your reputation on the board and the street make it easy. Sorry for not keeping up on the shop but I’ve been suffering from a severe case of C.R.S. lately.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Well, if you go down the road to the second red light and make a right, then go down to the old barn on the left, turn at the next right. Then go to the covered bridge and under that, there will be a troll. Pay him and cross the bridge. Go down that road a far piece and then you'll see a garage on the left. Don't stop there, they will charge you too much. Make a left just beyond that garage and go over 2 hills and look to your right. There in the hollow, you'll see a house. Stop in there and tell them where you live. Then they'll be able to tell you of a good garage somewhere near your house.

Why did you give him directions to my house? :sad20:

:lol:

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    I also live in Frederick.

I’ve recently started using east side auto (corner of 144/Spring Ridge pkwy) and have been happy. I take my VOLVO to gumption auto in Myersville. Tommy is very honest and has been working on Volvos since ‘73.

The MR tire on east street had a very good mechanic named Alex. We stopped going there though as the front of the shop had high turnover and had a hard time not over committing and under delivering

When I had my VWJetta, I used Deutsche American on ball road and Mark1 VWs up on 194. Happy with both, but it’s been years (2004) and a lot can change...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom