• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I liked mine (when I owned one). They were an okay stress reliever. Nothing more, nothing less.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    If somebody owns a bump stock and they are subsequently banned, wouldn't that make a law abiding person a criminal?

Whatever happened to the people that owned liquor when it became prohibited during Prohibition? What happened to the people that owned marijuana and cocaine before it was made illegal? They were all law abiding citizens, until the law was passed and they did not get rid of the newly considered contraband.

At least for alcohol, the 18th didn’t ban consumption or private posession, just sale or manufacture.

But, yeah on banned drugs.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I like this. A much better mentality :party29:

That’s my mentality. Only restriction I can get on board with is background checks. I just don’t see how it infringes to check if someone is a VIOLENT criminal (intentional emphasis) or crazy before they can be sold a gun. We’ve restricted the rights of felons and the mentally ill since before America was even a collection of colonies and since the constitution’s ink was wet.

Other than that though...

F-ing colonials and later early US citizens after the founding of our nation had private f-ing cannons. I think the founding fathers new what they were writing and signing.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I will go along with a buyback so long as they pay my price. I value my irreplaceable magazines (remember they will be gone forever in this state) at $100,000 each. They can either pay it or get off my lawn.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I will go along with a buyback so long as they pay my price. I value my irreplaceable magazines (remember they will be gone forever in this state) at $100,000 each. They can either pay it or get off my lawn.

You would give up your mags so cheaply?

My price would be $1,000,000,000 per mag. I'm a reasonable person. If they want my AR-15, which I personally hate, the price for that is only $1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.

I think that is pretty fair considering what I am giving up, and the fact that I will feel violated and helpless after the fact. I'll need to live in a much safer house with a fenced yard, gated entry, etc. and I will need to hire my own body guards that can carry AR-15s for me.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Some things are just NOT for sale. We must realize that this fight is not about us, but our family's future. How will history grade us if we so easily give away our freedoms and liberties? I would hope and pray that we are not the generation that sees more than 240 years of ideals vaporized because we want to feel a little better about a horrific event. Bad people will do bad things. We must understand that and the instrument of destruction is just a tool, nothing more.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Ignore the phone number on the NRA postcard . Call/ e-mail/ fax the 16 individual Committee Members.

Also Hearings again in SJPC on 2/28 , before the Mega Consolidated Hearing in House Judiciary on 3/06 .

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Having a giant brain fart this morning.

Can someone please point me towards the House members that need calling/writing/e-mailing to oppose this BS bill.

Much thanks in advance.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Anyone have access to a live feed for this? Foreman is out on vacation and our lead installer threw out his back, so I couldn't get out of work today.

Onceuponatime

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 19, 2018
    I got a post card from the NRA today asking me to call the Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee because they are taking up the Senate bill 1062. Call to let them know you are against the Bill.

410-841-3623

This is a new number, I've been calling another number, but this is the number that they distributed on the post card.

I got the same card but I thought the bill number was different. Are there other crazy bills up for consideration?

Onceuponatime

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 19, 2018
    It doesn’t matter if you get them or not. There are certain things in firearms that I don’t care anything about, but I will never agree with the outlaw or banning of them just because I don’t like or want them. I support the 2nd. Period! If we approach it as I defend only the parts I like and the rest can go we ultimately lose. I’m not writing this as condescending to your post, but in hopes you are not ok with banning bumpstock even though you don’t get them.

I agree with you exactly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom