HBO’s Vice “How A Corrupt Baltimore Police Task Force Tainted Thousands of Cases”

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DSBartender

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 12, 2016
    Waldorf
    Yep, that s%$t has been going on for years, only the names have changed...:sad20:

The culture within the department will have to change. That will take completely new leadership, transparency, and oversight. #GoodLuck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    That's a sad and troubling story. Hopefully they fix their problems. Unfortunately, some will use that story as "proof" all cops are bad. Again.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Yeah that would suck if you were inadvertently affected by some crooked BPD. I still don't have a lot of sympathy for a guy that had 20,000 in dope money lifted from him by some cops. The lesson of the story here for me is stay the hell out of their way.
    I think anytime you have to be stopped and questioned by any law officer you have to take some real moral inventory or do some self check. I also think the filmmakers may be doing a little bomb-throwing creating controversy for the citizens plight but the irony is fascinating.
    A little gangster does as gangster is.

W2D

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2015
    Escaped MD for FL
    The culture within the department will have to change. That will take completely new leadership, transparency, and oversight. #GoodLuck

Good luck, indeed.

Sent from my bunker using Tapatalk Pro

DSBartender

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 12, 2016
    Waldorf
    That's a sad and troubling story. Hopefully they fix their problems. Unfortunately, some will use that story as "proof" all cops are bad. Again.

This will definitely erode any trust between the Citizens of Baltimore and the Police that serve them. I believe in another thread someone mentioned the Baltimore police force can’t keep good quality cops because those folks can have a better career in the State police or surrounding areas. It’s simply not worth the stress and risk to work there.

Until and unless all parties involved find some common ground to build from the situation will remain the same.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    They're gonna need a new patch

The city of misdeeds, perhaps ?

Attachments

• Baltimore City Police Bleeds Maryland.jpg
      Baltimore City Police Bleeds Maryland.jpg
      85.5 KB · Views: 403

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Until and unless all parties involved find some common ground to build from the situation will remain the same.

I don't believe there is any middle ground to be had. Frankly I view the population of Baltimore as three separate groups all competing for its future.

Group one is the highly educated, socially liberal somewhat wealthy hipster crowd. They love micro-brew beer, Fells Point and John Waters movies. They want Baltimore to be an artsy town, an East Coast version of Austin, TX. They want to eat at trendy tapas bars in old warehouses.

Group two is the urban poor. They want to smoke weed, shoot craps and drink liquor on Grandma's front steps. Maybe a dirt bike ride through the streets with their friends after that and a good riot if they can find one.

The last group is the smallest and shrinking. They're the older families in the city that rose above poverty but never left town. They're trying not to be gentrified out by the hipsters or assaulted by the other group.

BPD tries to keep a lid on all that while not paying competitive wages and with an openly hostile mayor, state's attorney and city council.

DSBartender

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 12, 2016
    Waldorf
    I don't believe there is any middle ground to be had. Frankly I view the population of Baltimore as three separate groups all competing for its future.

Group one is the highly educated, socially liberal somewhat wealthy hipster crowd. They love micro-brew beer, Fells Point and John Waters movies. They want Baltimore to be an artsy town, an Easy Coast version of Austin, TX. They want to eat at trendy tapas bars in old warehouses.

Group two is the urban poor. They want to smoke weed, shoot craps and drink liquor on Grandma's front steps. Maybe a dirt bike ride through the streets with their friends after that and a good riot if they can find one.

The last group is the smallest and shrinking. They're the older families in the city that rose above poverty but never left town. They're trying not to be gentrified out by the hipsters or assaulted by the other group.

BPD tries to keep a lid on all that while not paying competitive wages and with an openly hostile mayor, state's attorney and city council.

Interesting view point.

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG

Group one is the highly educated, socially liberal somewhat wealthy hipster crowd. They love micro-brew beer, Fells Point and John Waters movies. They want Baltimore to be an artsy town, an East Coast version of Austin, TX. They want to eat at trendy tapas bars in old warehouses.

While I agree, "BPD tries to keep a lid on it", the level and frequency of bad actors/corruption within the department has had an additional negative effect of keeping the lid on.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    And to continue Joppa's theme from #12 -

You could ask buncha Balt residents , and a lot would say Police / Crim Justice system should change . The problem is they have different , opposing , contradictory ideas of what they should be .

One side wants effecent enforcement , with meaningful sentences , to take the core of bad actors out of circulation. Lower crime , fewer murders .

Other side is concerned about the nasty Police picking on the nice boys from their neighborhood . Too many Young Black Males are locked up , and it important goal for society to reduce that

So whatever steps taken 1/3 will like, 1/3 will hate, 1/3 not notice , or care ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom