Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      70.6 KB · Views: 291

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Magazine, metal follower.

Forgot to mention the bolt is marked with the same R as the barrel, bayo band, and front sight post

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      49 KB · Views: 286

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    The comment "looks like it has never been shot" kind of stuck with me and why I was thinking repurposed drill rifle
    But what makes you think that?
    Or were you trying to say it looks "unissued"?

There are enough scratches in the photos that I would not have used those words.
    If you are interested in it shooting well, do you have a muzzle Gauge?

I used those words cuz it is an awesome condition. The scratches look like safe wear to me. I probably won't shoot it. Was really looking for a normal/decent price for selling without trying to rip anyone off and not get screwed myself since I know very little about these.

I'm not looking for a highest bidder price.....more like a friend of a friend :) But I also don't want to misrepresent this item so I figured I ask just in case someone says it's a mass produced Chinese clone or something. I try to keep stuff honest.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Fred333 is the one that knows all about the 1903 but just looked at his profile and no posts since 9/4

These rifles shoot GREAT. I'd be happy to own that one and would not sell it unless I really needed the $$
    I've been seeing these listed for $800 but don't know what people are buying them for.
    I am not enough of an expert to say you have or do not have something special there.

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Looks like your typical post war Ogden rebuild, that is not a bad thing. Many like new rifles were run thru Oden, repaired, cleaned and then stored. Many, if I remember right were later sold thru the NRA. The total repark and the lightly sanded stock are typical of the Ogden rebuild. I have a Smith Corona 03-A3 that is like this. As Melnic stated these are great shooters.
    I've been out of the 03-A3 market for quite awhile but I would say 650.00 to 800.00.

rob257

Jan 17, 2013
    North Central Carroll Co.
    I agree with Augie..

Looks like your typical post war Ogden rebuild, that is not a bad thing. Many like new rifles were run thru Oden, repaired, cleaned and then stored. Many, if I remember right were later sold thru the NRA. The total repark and the lightly sanded stock are typical of the Ogden rebuild. I have a Smith Corona 03-A3 that is like this. As Melnic stated these are great shooters.
    I've been out of the 03-A3 market for quite awhile but I would say 650.00 to 800.00.

Typical NRA (Circa 1957-63) Odden Rebuild. Looks like hasn't been abused but looks like it has been used some since received. Excellant wood but I'd like to see a pic of the top band spring slot.

Augie is a mite low on value IMO (assuming barrel is nice). I'd offer it up for $875.00 and accept $800.00.

Rob

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    What is the marking on the top of the bolt knob? Should be a letter there.

Just trying to see if the bolt is Remington as well. It looks to be correct. I have a Smith Corona rebuild with a scant stock and it has a mix of Remington/SC parts. Apparently it happened a lot during the aresinal rebuilds.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Typical NRA (Circa 1957-63) Odden Rebuild. Looks like hasn't been abused but looks like it has been used some since received. Excellant wood but I'd like to see a pic of the top band spring slot.

Augie is a mite low on value IMO (assuming barrel is nice). I'd offer it up for $875.00 and accept $800.00.

Rob

I agree. $800 is about the going price for this rifle.

Congrats on a great find.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    What is the marking on the top of the bolt knob? Should be a letter there.

Just trying to see if the bolt is Remington as well. It looks to be correct. I have a Smith Corona rebuild with a scant stock and it has a mix of Remington/SC parts. Apparently it happened a lot during the aresinal rebuilds.

It's got the same R stamp I just didn't picture it.

molonlabe

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2005
    Mountaineer Country, WV
    I paid about two years ago, 750 for a smith corona 4 land 03 A3 from JRA. I doubt it was a reworked drill rifle but who knows? I wanted it as a shooter and I carried one in Boot camp.

attachment.php

Last edited:

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    But I am willing to meet buyers for a review of the gun cuz I know with these things and other C&R guns people want specific things on them so I think a good look over is a respectable thing to do

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom