• Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    be0bb7290734b54e5d1fc7623f8fa5b8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CrabcakesAndFootball

Jun 14, 2017
    Two of my rifles should upload here. The black one is an LWRC DI in 300 Blk with a Vortex Sparc red dot and Magpul back up sights. The blue cerakote is an LWRC in 5.56 with LWRC Skirmish sights. I bought that rifle because of the chambering and mlok rail plus the ambi lower (I’m a lefty). I could take or leave the cerakote but it does say Molon Labe with a shield so that is cool. I’ve run about 200 rounds each through both these guns and I love them, but I want to take some real training before I spend serious money for an optic.

ETA: sorry I forgot the obligatory foot shot, and it seems like one of these is upside down, but that’s my best effort for now.

Attachments

• 2F6871D7-4FD9-4781-A270-6ABDFCD41A87.jpg
      2F6871D7-4FD9-4781-A270-6ABDFCD41A87.jpg
      62.4 KB · Views: 465
    • 7DF0B297-AA4C-4EFD-9260-3C0FCFFAEC4B.jpg
      7DF0B297-AA4C-4EFD-9260-3C0FCFFAEC4B.jpg
      110.8 KB · Views: 462

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I gotta go sight the sparc in again but I’ll admit I’m not loving it just yet.

Also Chris i swoon every time i see the A1

I’ve got an A1 upper I’ve never shot. I have a fully assembled 80% i have no idea what to do with (it has a shockwave blade)

CrabcakesAndFootball

Jun 14, 2017
    I gotta go sight the sparc in again but I’ll admit I’m not loving it just yet.

Also Chris i swoon every time i see the A1

I’ve got an A1 upper I’ve never shot. I have a fully assembled 80% i have no idea what to do with (it has a shockwave blade)

My sparc is not working well for me either. I have it mildly sight for 50 yards, but the dot breaks up into a series of dots with both eyes open, one eye open, no matter the eye relief. I don’t have much experience, so I don’t know if that’s the norm but I feel like it probably is not.

My sparc is not working well for me either. I have it mildly sight for 50 yards, but the dot breaks up into a series of dots with both eyes open, one eye open, no matter the eye relief. I don’t have much experience, so I don’t know if that’s the norm but I feel like it probably is not.
    Mine definitely remains as a single dot. If you have astigmatism, it can do weird things to red dots

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county

Mine definitely remains as a single dot. If you have astigmatism, it can do weird things to red dots

I have heard many people say this when they are new to dots, you have to remember to focus on the object you are shooting at, not the Dot. If you try to focus on the dot it will break up into a series of dots . Just throwing that out there just in case thats the issue.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011

I don’t have that issue, just accuracy

CrabcakesAndFootball

Jun 14, 2017
    I have heard many people say this when they are new to dots, you have to remember to focus on the object you are shooting at, not the Dot. If you try to focus on the dot it will break up into a series of dots . Just throwing that out there just in case thats the issue.

That makes sense. I will have to train my eyes better and see if that takes care of it.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Ordered a BCM Mod 0 compensator for my pistol. Same dimensions as the A2 birdcage. Also got the Brownell’s AR vice block kit. (On sale) Never done a muzzle device before. I do have a 1/2” torque wrench and an AR wrench with the spot for it.

Any tips jump out at anyone? I plan to just follow the instructions to a T.

Ordered a BCM Mod 0 compensator for my pistol. Same dimensions as the A2 birdcage. Also got the Brownell’s AR vice block kit. (On sale) Never done a muzzle device before. I do have a 1/2” torque wrench and an AR wrench with the spot for it.

Any tips jump out at anyone? I plan to just follow the instructions to a T.

Reaction rod is a good idea. Supports the barrel so you don't snap off the index pin when applying torque. You can use a BCG as well if you don't have the reaction rod

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom