• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I am sorry for your loss. I know it is very hard and lonely place as well when you are so used to have your friend right next to you all the time. I hope you get to save or rescue a pup who needs a good loving home but also dont forget the older ones who need a home as well. They are often overlooked for the younger ones... IMO I would take an older one who needs a home so they can live out their golden years in style and love...

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    I am sorry for your loss. I know it is very hard and lonely place as well when you are so used to have your friend right next to you all the time. I hope you get to save or rescue a pup who needs a good loving home but also dont forget the older ones who need a home as well. They are often overlooked for the younger ones... IMO I would take an older one who needs a home so they can live out their golden years in style and love...

Most of my pups were adults when I got them. Tucker was young at 1 yr old but had hip dysplasia. I didn't care and was thrilled to give him a forever home. Years later my groomer, who worked for the breeder I got him from, told me "Mark, I'm so glad you took Tucker. I don't know what would have happened to him if you hadn't".
    Ditto for Ivy, she was 8 years old, retired from breeding and suffering from seizures. But I knew she'd be a great dog and had another 8 wonderful years with Tucker and me. When she passed last September Tucker was devastated. I think he never really got over losing her companionship. Started a search for another rescue female but nothing surfaced before Tucker took ill.
    Now I have some contacts from friends in the fox terrier world and have put out the word that there's a wonderful forever home looking for a lucky wire. Adult or puppy, I hope to give some pup a lifetime of love and adventures!

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Most of my pups were adults when I got them. Tucker was young at 1 yr old but had hip dysplasia. I didn't care and was thrilled to give him a forever home. Years later my groomer, who worked for the breeder I got him from, told me "Mark, I'm so glad you took Tucker. I don't know what would have happened to him if you hadn't".
    Ditto for Ivy, she was 8 years old, retired from breeding and suffering from seizures. But I knew she'd be a great dog and had another 8 wonderful years with Tucker and me. When she passed last September Tucker was devastated. I think he never really got over losing her companionship. Started a search for another rescue female but nothing surfaced before Tucker took ill.
    Now I have some contacts from friends in the fox terrier world and have put out the word that there's a wonderful forever home looking for a lucky wire. Adult or puppy, I hope to give some pup a lifetime of love and adventures!

If it's of any interest, I think Roscoe might've knocked up the neighbor's dog a few weeks ago. I'm guessing you probably wouldn't want a Chesapeake Bay/Newfoundland-German Shepherd/Irish Wolfhound hybrid though!

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    Condolences for your loss. My GF lost 2 dogs and 3 cats in the last couple years, it's never easy. They leave a mark on you and life is never quite the same without them.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Really sorry to hear of your loss. Sounds like Tucker had a great home and life.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Took a while but I found a pup! Tried to go the rescue route but gladly rescue fox terriers are in high demand and rarely stay in a shelter for too long. A gentlemen breeder/handler in WVA contacted me upon hearing in the grapevine of Tucker's passing and offered me the last of his latest litter. This guy wasn't show quality and Bill let him go to me for peanuts, God bless him. I've named him Bucky and he's a sweetie, loves people and pups. Not a mean bone in him. Keeps me smiling and helps old single mawkie with the ladies, the perfect wingman!

Attachments

• bucky1.jpg
      bucky1.jpg
      104.9 KB · Views: 158

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads