• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    The Bersa Thunder Pro Ultra Compact 45ACP has the features I want on my next CCW, but I don't know anything about the brand. Would you trust your life with one?

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    The Bersa Thunder Pro Ultra Compact 45ACP has the features I want on my next CCW, but I don't know anything about the brand. Would you trust your life with one?

Not me. I doubt others would too. That being said, what are the chances this gun won't fire 1 round when you need it to? Highly unlikely that it wouldn't fire.

I'd worry first about ammo being reliable over a gun.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    That's all I need to know. Thanks.

Well, let others chime in first. :) I am going by the ancillary comments and talk about Bersa, not personal experience. I think I have not owned a Bersa because of the talk.

I think MPDC said about a Bersa, it makes just a good range gun.

I have bersa thunder combat 380. Different animal all together i understand however, my pistol is great! Never had an issue, eats all diff ammo i feed it. In first 1000 rounds only problem i ever had was prob in first couple mags at the range when 1 round didnt chamber. Ever since, flawless.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    IMO Bersa is an acceptable choice if price is a major consideration. Certainly Bersa is considered of better quality than Taurus, it's most obvious competition.

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    I have bersa thunder combat 380. Different animal all together i understand however, my pistol is great! Never had an issue, eats all diff ammo i feed it. In first 1000 rounds only problem i ever had was prob in first couple mags at the range when 1 round didnt chamber. Ever since, flawless.

^^^This^^^

I have the same and have never had a problem with it. Actually, it's what my daughter uses for CCW so if I trust it for her...

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Never owned one, but did rent a 22 lr a couple of times when I was teaching my oldest granddaughter to shoot. It appeared to have been shot a lot and not cleaned or lubed often. It ran flawlessly for the one or two hundred rounds we put though it per session.

The only reason I don't own one is I've never seen one in a shop when I was pistol shopping.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    Argentine military, or was it Brazil?

The Thunder pro UC shouldn't be compared to their Walther copy.

It's a bit bulky for ccw though, why not the 9mm version?

Fully ambidextrous and some merit where others in the same category lack. Comes in useful when say you are right handed and sig other is lefty.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I have had no issues with the 380 or 22 thunder and would carry either. Please no debates about caliber.
    For the price point, they are great. Like any tool, if you take care of it, it will take care of you.

gooder

Aug 26, 2011
    I had the Bersa UC Pro 9mm. Never jammed in nearly 1000 rounds (I know that's not a lot, but never a hiccup at all). Only reason I sold it was that the grip was a bit too thick for my hands.

Not sure you've seen this vid, but these guys ran 1500 rounds straight with no issues. I can't seem to embed video, but here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvB93CmCndo

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I have a Thunder 380 Combat model. It is a great combination of reliability, concealability, ease of maintenance, and affordability. I trust it for CCW, and with quality defensive ammo like Hornady Critical Defense, it is up to the task.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    I have a 45 compact pro I bought new about 6 years ago and it's been flawless. I carried it daily untill my wife got her paws on it now it's her bedside gun. Night sights are easily available it has the same cuts as a sig.

NOVA1

Aug 18, 2013
    Buy the Bersa

I have a Bersa Thunder UC Pro 9 (the 9mm version of the pistol you are looking at). It is a fantastic pistol and is my ED carry. I am thinking about buying a second one as a spare.

I have probably shot about 3,000 rounds through this pistol and I have not had one misfire- ever. I wish I could say the same for my Rugers. I doubt those in this thread who crap on this brand have had much actual experience with the brand.

Buy the pistol. I highly doubt you will regret it.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I have a Bersa Thunder UC Pro 9 (the 9mm version of the pistol you are looking at). It is a fantastic pistol and is my ED carry. I am thinking about buying a second one as a spare.

I have probably shot about 3,000 rounds through this pistol and I have not had one misfire- ever. I wish I could say the same for my Rugers. I doubt those in this thread who crap on this brand have had much actual experience with the brand.

Buy the pistol. I highly doubt you will regret it.

Who crapped on the brand? They all seem fine. Did you read any of the comments?

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Owned a Thunder 380 for a little while, decent cheap little pistol, but a big difference between a blowback, and locked breech, lots more to go wrong. Being alloy frame/hammer fired DA/SA there are a lot of newer designs on the market that are much smaller and lighter with simpler controls and consistent triggers. Would take a lighter, slimmer, smaller and proven G30S anyday over the Bersa if I were in the market for a compact-midsize 45 CCW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom