How many fingerprint cards for NFA trust?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CMOS

One ragged donut hole
    Nov 13, 2009
    MoCo
    Trying to figure out how many fingerprint cards to submit with a Form 1 using a trust. So the Form 1 requires submission of fingerprints in duplicate, and so does the Responsible Person form.

Reading it literally, this four fingerprint cards now for a trust (with one responsible party)? Is that right?

Oh, and four photos as well, in total.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    Trying to figure out how many fingerprint cards to submit with a Form 1 using a trust. So the Form 1 requires submission of fingerprints in duplicate, and so does the Responsible Person form.

Reading it literally, this four fingerprint cards now for a trust (with one responsible party)? Is that right?

Oh, and four photos as well, in total.

Two finger print cards and two pictures with the submission to the ATF. You will also need two pictures to submit with the CLEO paperwork. You do not need to send fingerprint cards to CLEO.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Two finger print cards and two pictures with the submission to the ATF. You will also need two pictures to submit with the CLEO paperwork. You do not need to send fingerprint cards to CLEO.

I hear you don't need any pictures with CLEO paperwork and you surely don't need two sets of paperwork/pictures for the CLEO anyway. Remember the CLEO is just notification. The FFL/SOTs I have talked to say no picture needed.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    You will also need two pictures to submit with the CLEO paperwork.

I could be totally, totally wrong here, but I don't believe that you need to submit a photo with the copy of the 5320.23 that goes to your CLEO.

From the instructions on the 5320.23:

3. Item 3 - Responsible Person Information
    a) provide the information for the responsible person in items 3a through 3e.
    b) Item 3e - photograph: The responsible person shall attach, in item 3e on the ATF copy of the form only, a 2-inch by 2-inch frontal view photograph taken within one year prior to the date of the filing of the form. Item 3e is obscured on the CLEO copy.

Here's a link to the ATF's pdf of the 5320.23, and you'll see that on the CLEO copy box 3e is blacked out.
    https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/f...ponsible-person-questionnaire-532023/download

You don't need to send a photo to the CLEO.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham

Never mind. Hawkeye beat me to it while I was looking it up....

CMOS

One ragged donut hole
    Nov 13, 2009
    MoCo
    Thanks for the replies here. First time doing the new forms. I see now that on the Form 1, the trustee doesn't submit photos or prints. So it's only on the Responsible Party paper that prints/photos are required. And confirming that CLEO doesn't get prints or photos.
    So it's two prints and two photos for the Form 1 as a trust.
    Almost forgot to put everything double-sided...

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    Thanks for correcting me...I guess my CLEO will get to see my ugly mug for no reason!

It was recommended to me my multiple folks to write your name on the back of the photons and very securely tape the photos down to the page. If the photos get separated from your form it will apparently sit for a while before anyone addresses the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom