• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 87Theworld

Nov 2, 2011
    Howard County
    I just saw this rifle by liberty gun works. It's an Ar chambered in 7.62x39 with some bi directional trigger cost about $2k. I was more interested in the trigger seeing as they are already making my upper. I was wondering if the trigger system was actually legal? Anyone know anything about this system?

http://youtu.be/RaDbKsX2ZHc

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    Interesting trigger system. I would like to be able to buy the trigger as a drop in fire control group.

Atlasarmory

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2009
    Glen Burnie
    Looks like a conventional trigger and a "release trigger" combined I would like to see the atf letter on this. I thought at first it was going to be like a ring for a trigger that you could pull then push to rapid fire. It looks like with this you have to allways commit to fire the 2nd round or unload with your finger holding the trigger down.

87Theworld

Nov 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Looks like a conventional trigger and a "release trigger" combined I would like to see the atf letter on this. I thought at first it was going to be like a ring for a trigger that you could pull then push to rapid fire. It looks like with this you have to allways commit to fire the 2nd round or unload with your finger holding the trigger down.

I would want to see the ATF letter or something also. He might actually have to fight them in court for a while before we get anything official.Technically it looks like one shot with the single pull of the trigger. Gun laws varies depending on who is ruling :innocent0

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008

Yeah...I'll pass. If it had a 3rd position that engaged the release trigger, then it'd be cool....but being essentially forced by the trigger to shoot 2 shots whenever you press the trigger to the rear is silly to me. As for the rifle, it'd impress me more if the lower was designed to take AK mags.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    This has been covered before. Letter from ATF on THR (you'll need a login to see the pic):
    http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-62411.html

A trigger that fires once on pull and once on release is NOT a machine gun and is legal (at least of the time of this 2004 ATF letter.)

Attachments

• batfe ruger 2-shot 001.jpg
      batfe ruger 2-shot 001.jpg
      114.1 KB · Views: 582

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Would it be legal for them to use a 3-round burst width trigger that holds two disconnectors? That way, there can be a disconnector with a tail for regular semi auto firing, which is disengaged by the selector on the third position. The other disconnector will be a regular semi auto one without a tail, but have the hook shortened to allow for firing on the release of the trigger.

Didn't the ATF rule something against having full auto trigger parts in a semi auto AR even if it didn't make it full auto?

Bradw410

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 11, 2012
    Easton
    Everyone wanting a letter from the ATF for every little thing. No wonder things like the sig brace got f^ucked up. Just leave stuff alone and quit asking for letters

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Seems like you can't fire one round only if the trigger is resetting and releasing the hammer each time you let off on the trigger.

Seems like a mag dump or nothing at all.

Would be an expensive oops when the ATF says it's illegal down the road.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    Would it be legal for them to use a 3-round burst width trigger that holds two disconnectors? That way, there can be a disconnector with a tail for regular semi auto firing, which is disengaged by the selector on the third position. The other disconnector will be a regular semi auto one without a tail, but have the hook shortened to allow for firing on the release of the trigger.

Didn't the ATF rule something against having full auto trigger parts in a semi auto AR even if it didn't make it full auto?

I believe this system works not by change to the disconnector, but to the sear engagement surface. It's easy enough to do when polishing a sear if you don't know what you'r doing to make it so a release of the trigger will let the hammer fall, but the trigger all the way in it's most forward position will hold the hammer at ready.

I ruined a perfectly good trigger group on my first AR trying to polish the mating surfaces and ended up with something just like this. I just didn't trust it, although it functioned exactly like the trigger they are advertising here.

That was one scary trip to the range!!!

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    Seems like you can't fire one round only if the trigger is resetting and releasing the hammer each time you let off on the trigger.

Seems like a mag dump or nothing at all.

Would be an expensive oops when the ATF says it's illegal down the road.

also without training it would pretty much make precision shooting impossible. You couldn't follow through with your trigger pull without committing to a time bomb of another shot when you release the trigger, and believe me jerking the trigger to get the two shots off in quick succession is NOT going to be conducive to accuracy.

If there were a selector I might be sold

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    also without training it would pretty much make precision shooting impossible. You couldn't follow through with your trigger pull without committing to a time bomb of another shot when you release the trigger, and believe me jerking the trigger to get the two shots off in quick succession is NOT going to be conducive to accuracy.

If there were a selector I might be sold

+1. If someone is able to come up with the ability to switch it between that and semi-auto while making it an easy drop in for many systems that would probably be the next biggest thing in the civilian gun industry. I would definitely be on board for one when that happens.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    +1. If someone is able to come up with the ability to switch it between that and semi-auto while making it an easy drop in for many systems that would probably be the next biggest thing in the civilian gun industry. I would definitely be on board for one when that happens.

You can. It would involve a trigger with two disconnectors in it, and a selector that allows you to switch between the two. One disconnector has a tail, the other does not. The hook on the one without the tail is shortened slightly, so it fires on the release too. The one with the tail is left normal, so the selector can engage and disengage it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom