• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    I've looked all over the interwebs for a guide rod laser sight for this and have come up empty. I came across a YouTube video of a magnetic laser from Ramlite but its not on their site so in assuming its discontinued.
    Since it doesn't have a rail I'm assuming I'm SOL here. Anyone know a laser sight guide rod that'll fit it?

87Theworld

Nov 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Try searching for one for the beretta cougar. The newer 9mm/ 40 versions have rails but not the 45. If the railed version is available try and trade for one.

You can try a trigger guard mount to give you a rail. I'm not sure how durable or secure they are. There are also trigger guard lasers that attach right outside of the trigger guard. The ones I have seen so far look flimsy and might really be for airsoft guns. What cal do you have?

87Theworld

Nov 2, 2011
    Howard County
    So a generic trigger guard laser might be the only thing. Do you want a laser just for the looks or to help aiming. Honestly if you train for shooting at close distances. You can shoot faster than trying to aim with a laser. Take the funds for a laser and take an handgun training class.

I dont know how proficient you are with the fundementals. The basic NRA pistol is just that basic so you have to progress to a little more advanced class to actually get that type of point shoot training. Check out the training section they have plenty of trainers that will help you improve. In the mean time just Train,train, and train some more with your basic sights and reloading before you know it you'll be a pro. :thumbsup:

defygravity

May 5, 2012
    Baltimore County
    The cougar is a gun I'm plan on getting myself in the future post Oct. How do you like it so far? How many rounds have you put through it?

I have one and I love it. Ergonomics are great.

Had it for a year, put 1.5-2 thousand rounds through it and very few problems. Doesn't really like herters ammo.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

peoples1234

Mar 27, 2013
    I have a Cougar as well and really like it. As others have mentioned, ergos are great.

The only thing I have seen for a laser is the trigger guard laser if you don't have the rail.

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    I found a magnetic rail that has a laser that mounts to it. I'm gonna see how that works out.
    RamLite is the company.

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    You can get the frame drilled and tapped so you can screw a rail onto the bottom of the frame

Bigens

Nov 19, 2018
    I've looked all over the interwebs for a guide rod laser sight for this and have come up empty. I came across a YouTube video of a magnetic laser from Ramlite but its not on their site so in assuming its discontinued.
    Since it doesn't have a rail I'm assuming I'm SOL here. Anyone know a laser sight guide rod that'll fit it?
    I don't think we going to find a guide rod laser for the Stoeger Cougar 8000 BUT I did email that company Ram lite & they do make a laser sight for the Stoeger Cougar 8000.. the laser is $110 & the laser & flashlight comb I think he told me $140... just send him a email & let him know what you need & he will get it out to you ✌ have a great day

Bigens

Nov 19, 2018
    Stoeger Cougar 8000

Ram lite is the way to go & no sir you can not drill and tap the metal on the frame is too thin trust me I have been everywhere about this for gunsmiths caught it every laser sight company out there RAMLITE IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    I don't think we going to find a guide rod laser for the Stoeger Cougar 8000 BUT I did email that company Ram lite & they do make a laser sight for the Stoeger Cougar 8000.. the laser is $110 & the laser & flashlight comb I think he told me $140... just send him a email & let him know what you need & he will get it out to you have a great day

5 year old thread revival! I sold that Cougar a while ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom