• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    https://www.nrapvf.org/emails/2018/...ents-are-now-posted-for-the-primary-election/

Tuesday, June 26,is Primary Election Day! Your NRA Political Victory Fund has rated, and in some races, endorsed pro-gun/pro-hunting candidates in contested primaries for statewide office as well as the Maryland General Assembly. These candidate ratings and endorsements can now be found at the NRA-PVF website. Before casting your vote in the Primary Election, please visit this site to learn who will best protect your Second Amendment rights and sporting heritage.
    Be sure to encourage your family, friends, fellow gun owners and sportsmen to support and vote for the NRA-PVF endorsed candidates by Tuesday, June 26. ​Your vote can make the difference in some of these key races. Early Voting begins on June 14th and runs through June 21st.
    There has never been a time more important than this election cycle to make sure we elect pro-gun candidates. This is why we urge you to not only check NRA-PVF to find out where your candidates stand, but also to join us on theFrontLines™ and pledge to support and vote for NRA backed candidates. Be sure to have your family, friends and fellow Second Amendment supporters do the same. With everything that is at stake this year, your support this election cycle has never been more critical.

https://www.nrapvf.org/grades/maryland/

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I guess NRA didn't get the easy 411 on my district, below are graded " ? " by NRA. District 15 is fun, just throw a dart..

Lily Qi

I am honored to be given the Gun Sense Candidate distinction from Moms Demand Action and as your representative, I pledge to vote for the strictest gun laws to ensure Maryland is the safest community for all and that we lead the nation in protecting our values, our residents, and our future. I applaud our legislators for passing gun safety legislation this year, including the ban of bump stocks, and will do everything I can when I join them to make our schools and communities safer

How about Andy Van Wye?

Though Maryland already has strong gun laws, we must take further action. Maryland already has an assault weapon ban, but we need to increase the penalty for owning an assault weapon. We must also create a lost and stolen gun registry to help reduce illegal gun trafficking.

Amy Frieder

The NRA's undue influence in politics has helped create a country with a unique culture in which guns, gun violence, and mass shootings are completely normalized.

Hamza Khan?

Well if you are reading NRA, you can put down some more F's very easy. For those unfamiliar with 15, it is Kathy Dumais district, and she is a shoe in. Current delegate "Free trip to India" Miller is running for Congress which opened up a bunch people trying to wedge in her seat. Kevin Mack another candidate writes that MGA passed Shades law in 2018, I think he's mistaken.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    NRA graded everyone a F for me. Not a single non-F rating :(

So what you are saying is that you actually have a chance to affect the 2A? My local vote anyway, can do nothing to make things more 2A friendly.

Regardless, i encourage folks to donate to the campaign of the candidate of their choice.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Its not much , but at least vote for the 2nd or 3rd most popular Dem just to play with their minds and stir internal rivalries.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013

You can borrow my dart.

It's so bad here we have a 19 year old on the Republican primary ballot running unopposed for County Council. Looks to be all local Republican candidates are unopposed in primary, can save a trip.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012

If in doubt (or when there is no other choice) vote the incumbent OUT!

Loss of seniority also hurts the opposition since it affects things like committee appointments.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    You can borrow my dart.

It's so bad here we have a 19 year old on the Republican primary ballot running unopposed for County Council. Looks to be all local Republican candidates are unopposed in primary, can save a trip.

This is why people should register DINO. Vote against the worst gun grabbers in the primary and increase the chances for candidate in the general.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    I do my own research and watch those who are supposed to be representing me very closely. The NRA has a bad habit of endorsing the incumbent regardless of whether their challenger is actually the better candidate. I may glance at who the NRA endorses and what their rating is by their standards (what ever they are) but, I don't place much weight on it when making my final decision. I DO place a tremendous amount of weight on what elected officials have done, or not done, behind the scenes of their final vote record. I will not vote for anyone who proclaims they are standing up for the second amendment when those persons stabbed the freedoms so dearly purchased with the blood of so many! I will not vote for those who deceive their misdeeds through political propaganda.
    I will not be voting for the Carroll County team for very good reasons! The only exception to this is Justin Ready because he did stand up when it was time to do so. Krebs certainly has to go! With virtually no opposition this election, I have no doubt that the Carroll County Traitors will be returned to office this election. They are very well funded! We will work to change that for some of them by the next election!

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Hey , at least Schipperke's District has a sacrificial Republican in the ballot , instead of totally unopposed Dems .

NRA uses their own political calculations that weigh heavily upon incumbency. I can to an extent * understand * , in that it can give them leverage in some situations with getting office holders with mixed records to perform above expectations. ( Understanding doesn't mean I always agree, but more understanding of the process is better than less .)

On the flip side, if they have an F rating , they probably do suck .

Raina

Jun 12, 2012
    North Laurel, Maryland
    I just found this website as I was looking for information to help me decide between the 11 Republican US Senate candidates on the ballot.

http://onyourballot.vote411.org/race-index.do?c=17572588

Based on what I am reading, I know neither of these will get my vote:

HEALTH CARE: What changes in federal healthcare policy do you advocate and why?
    Blaine Taylor
    Single payer National Health Insurance for all citizens only, no illegals; ban all assault rifles and high-capacity magazines, raise firearms purchasing age from 18 to 21, start complete informational universal background checks.

OTHER PRIORITIES: What other issues are priorities for you?
    Nnabu Eze
    I will support common sense gun control with universal background check, a ban on high capacity magazines and military style assault weapons . The NRA states that "Guns don't kill people, bad people kill people " but we should not easily give bad people access to guns.

I am leaning toward Tony Campbell.
    http://www.campbell4maryland.com/

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    I just found this website as I was looking for information to help me decide between the 11 Republican US Senate candidates on the ballot.

http://onyourballot.vote411.org/race-index.do?c=17572588

Based on what I am reading, I know neither of these will get my vote:

HEALTH CARE: What changes in federal healthcare policy do you advocate and why?
    Blaine Taylor
    Single payer National Health Insurance for all citizens only, no illegals; ban all assault rifles and high-capacity magazines, raise firearms purchasing age from 18 to 21, start complete informational universal background checks.

OTHER PRIORITIES: What other issues are priorities for you?
    Nnabu Eze
    I will support common sense gun control with universal background check, a ban on high capacity magazines and military style assault weapons . The NRA states that "Guns don't kill people, bad people kill people " but we should not easily give bad people access to guns.

I am leaning toward Tony Campbell.
    http://www.campbell4maryland.com/

I was doing this exercise myself last night. Came to the same conclusion. Most of the republican candidates have more democrat ideas than the Democrats.

RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM
    After reading all of them it looks like Chaffee is the only one that isn’t a straight up democrat, or completely insane. Are the standards that low to run? One guy’s website is a 9/11 conspiracy site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Hey , at least Schipperke's District has a sacrificial Republican in the ballot , instead of totally unopposed Dems .

NRA uses their own political calculations that weigh heavily upon incumbency. I can to an extent * understand * , in that it can give them leverage in some situations with getting office holders with mixed records to perform above expectations. ( Understanding doesn't mean I always agree, but more understanding of the process is better than less .)

On the flip side, if they have an F rating , they probably do suck .

Well honestly it's a 19yo that just want's his name in the phone book ballot. Nineteen-year-old Richard Banach is the youngest candidate to file for County Council for this election and the only Republican to do so for District 1. Banach, a sophomore at Randolph-Macon College in Ashland, Va. could not attend Tuesday’s forum to debate with the seven Democrats attending running for the seat.

So sure, great candidate can't even serve.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    At least half the Dems realize they have zero chance of actually winning , and just want the publicity/ fame .

Most of "my' Dems go unopposed in General Election.

Short of my only slightly facetious sugguestion the Maryland Rep party abolish itself , having A candidate is better than no candidates.

Added - I went and read his campaign Facebook . His positions on Taxes, Spending, and dealing with MS-13 make more sense than all the MoCo Dems combined at County level and MGA level .

If he were 10yr older saying exactly the same things , OR running as an Independent, he would be taken seriously.

klutch

Mar 27, 2018
    With the election coming up just around the corner, I'd like to put forth my analysis as to whom we should support. Unfortunately, I was not able to get the best information possible like I had been in the past. The NRA and other pro-freedom groups haven't been as active in pursuing candidate responses on matter like in times past. This is why this will seem quite 'sketchy'. For the primary, I will only concentrate on those races where I feel involvement is important if not critical. So here's my analogy; responses are welcome!

DISTRICT 3 (Frederick City and vicinity, southern Frederick County): DEMOCRATS: incumbent senator Ron Young has been one of freedom's worst enemies and needs to be ousted! Jennifer Dougherty is probably the least of evils here and worthy of your primary vote. In sub-district 3A, Carol Krimm and Karen Young have proven to be hostile. Unfortunately, just one candidate has filed to run in the primary: Ryan Trout. Bullet vote (that means ONLY vote for him) in the hopes of taking out one adversary!
    REPUBLICANS: For the Senate race, vote for Craig Giangrande.There'll be more to say about this race after the primary!

DISTRICT 6 (Essex, Dundalk) DEMOCRATS: For the Senate race, Russ Mirabile is probably the stronger candidate to advance to the general. For the House Races, allies Nick D'Adamo and Diane DeCarlo are worthy of your votes here!
    REPUBLICANS: I want to give a special shout-out to Robin Grammar! He is one of freedom's best allies here and in the entire General Assembly! We need to keep him there!!! Former (Democratic) Delegate Jake Mohorovic has chosen to run as a Republican this time! If there was someone who thwart victory from in the primary, it is him. He's not our worst enemy, but not our best friend and in my not-so humble opinion, he is by no means what we need to have from this district representing us in the General assembly!

DISTRICT 8: DEMOCRATS: Make sure Kathy Klausmeier is successful in her attempt to overcome her primary challenge and that Delegate Eric Bromwell goes on to the General. Bullet vote for Bromwell! He was but one of two Democrats to vote against the 'Red-flag bill' (the other being Ned Carey from Anne Arundel County)!!
    REPUBLICANS: For the House of Delegates, I want to give a special 'shout-out ' to Joe Boteler, who was thwarted out of a victory last time around. He is going or his old seat and is worthy of support as he is one of freedom's best allies! The others are OK, too!

DISTRICT 9: DEMOCRATS: In sub district 9B, Dan Medinger appears to be the lesser of evils there.

DISTRICT 10: REPUBLICANS: For the House, thwart victory from Brian Marcos, the others are OK.

DISTRICT 12: DEMOCRATS: For the Senate race, current Delegate Clarence Lam is vying for the seat which Ed Kasemeyer is vacating; Mary Kay Sigaty is also vying for that seat. Both are bad for us! I say hold your breath and vote for Sigaty. As for the House, James Howard has already proven to be hostile to freedom and needs to be defeated. Incumbent Terri Hill and Eric Ebersole are hostile, too!

DISTRICT 15 (western Montgomery County): It seems like there are nothing but villains around for the DEMOCRATIC primary. For the Seante race Hongjun Xin is probably the lesser of evils; for the House, incumbents Kathleen DuMais (a major enemy on the House Judiciary Committee) and David Fraser-Hildago are running for re-election. Kevin Mack, Tony Puca, Andy Van Wye (A VICIOUS anti-gunner) and Amy Frieder are hostile as well. That leaves Lily Qi, Hamza Khan and Anis Ahmed. These last three might be the lesser of evils, so give them your vote and we'll figure out what to do in the general!

DISTRICT 27: REPUBLICANS: In 27B, Philip Parenti is the better candidate!

DISTRICT 28 (Charles Country): DEMOCRATS: For the House race, C.T Wilson and John Coller are worthy of your votes here! Do your best to try to advance BOTH of them to the general! To what I'll surmise may be the lesser of Evils, vote for Debra Davis, too. DO ALL YOU CAN TO TRY TO THWART VICTORY FROM EDITH PATTERSON AND EDWARD HOLLAND!!!!!

DISTRICT 30 (Annapolis area, southeastern and far, southern Anne Arundel County): DEMOCRATS: Both Senatorial candidates are bad. Chrissy Holt is probably the better candidate to advance to the General election. For the House races, in sub-district 30A, Aron Axe and Mary Reese are probably the lesser of evils.

DISTRICT 32 (Northwestern Anne Arundel County: DEMOCRATS: For the House, sadly, no one seems to be reasonable on liberty matters! Thwart victory from Mark Chang.There'll be more to say about this district after the primary!

DISTRICT 42: REPUBLICANS: In sub-district 42B, Justin Kinsey and either Tim Robinson or Nick Mangione are your best bests. Thwart victory from Raymond Bocelli! This will be a district to keep an eye on!

Democratic GOVERNOR'S RACE: Ralph Jaffe is probably the only candidate that will be sympathetic to us! I'll have more to say about this after the primary is over!

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    With the election coming up just around the corner, I'd like to put forth my analysis as to whom we should support. Unfortunately, I was not able to get the best information possible like I had been in the past. The NRA and other pro-freedom groups haven't been as active in pursuing candidate responses on matter like in times past. This is why this will seem quite 'sketchy'. For the primary, I will only concentrate on those races where I feel involvement is important if not critical. So here's my analogy; responses are welcome!

DISTRICT 3 (Frederick City and vicinity, southern Frederick County): DEMOCRATS: incumbent senator Ron Young has been one of freedom's worst enemies and needs to be ousted! Jennifer Dougherty is probably the least of evils here and worthy of your primary vote. In sub-district 3A, Carol Krimm and Karen Young have proven to be hostile. Unfortunately, just one candidate has filed to run in the primary: Ryan Trout. Bullet vote (that means ONLY vote for him) in the hopes of taking out one adversary!
    REPUBLICANS: For the Senate race, vote for Craig Giangrande.There'll be more to say about this race after the primary!

DISTRICT 6 (Essex, Dundalk) DEMOCRATS: For the Senate race, Russ Mirabile is probably the stronger candidate to advance to the general. For the House Races, allies Nick D'Adamo and Diane DeCarlo are worthy of your votes here!
    REPUBLICANS: I want to give a special shout-out to Robin Grammar! He is one of freedom's best allies here and in the entire General Assembly! We need to keep him there!!! Former (Democratic) Delegate Jake Mohorovic has chosen to run as a Republican this time! If there was someone who thwart victory from in the primary, it is him. He's not our worst enemy, but not our best friend and in my not-so humble opinion, he is by no means what we need to have from this district representing us in the General assembly!

DISTRICT 8: DEMOCRATS: Make sure Kathy Klausmeier is successful in her attempt to overcome her primary challenge and that Delegate Eric Bromwell goes on to the General. Bullet vote for Bromwell! He was but one of two Democrats to vote against the 'Red-flag bill' (the other being Ned Carey from Anne Arundel County)!!
    REPUBLICANS: For the House of Delegates, I want to give a special 'shout-out ' to Joe Boteler, who was thwarted out of a victory last time around. He is going or his old seat and is worthy of support as he is one of freedom's best allies! The others are OK, too!

DISTRICT 9: DEMOCRATS: In sub district 9B, Dan Medinger appears to be the lesser of evils there.

DISTRICT 10: REPUBLICANS: For the House, thwart victory from Brian Marcos, the others are OK.

DISTRICT 12: DEMOCRATS: For the Senate race, current Delegate Clarence Lam is vying for the seat which Ed Kasemeyer is vacating; Mary Kay Sigaty is also vying for that seat. Both are bad for us! I say hold your breath and vote for Sigaty. As for the House, James Howard has already proven to be hostile to freedom and needs to be defeated. Incumbent Terri Hill and Eric Ebersole are hostile, too!

DISTRICT 15 (western Montgomery County): It seems like there are nothing but villains around for the DEMOCRATIC primary. For the Seante race Hongjun Xin is probably the lesser of evils; for the House, incumbents Kathleen DuMais (a major enemy on the House Judiciary Committee) and David Fraser-Hildago are running for re-election. Kevin Mack, Tony Puca, Andy Van Wye (A VICIOUS anti-gunner) and Amy Frieder are hostile as well. That leaves Lily Qi, Hamza Khan and Anis Ahmed. These last three might be the lesser of evils, so give them your vote and we'll figure out what to do in the general!

DISTRICT 27: REPUBLICANS: In 27B, Philip Parenti is the better candidate!

DISTRICT 28 (Charles Country): DEMOCRATS: For the House race, C.T Wilson and John Coller are worthy of your votes here! Do your best to try to advance BOTH of them to the general! To what I'll surmise may be the lesser of Evils, vote for Debra Davis, too. DO ALL YOU CAN TO TRY TO THWART VICTORY FROM EDITH PATTERSON AND EDWARD HOLLAND!!!!!

DISTRICT 30 (Annapolis area, southeastern and far, southern Anne Arundel County): DEMOCRATS: Both Senatorial candidates are bad. Chrissy Holt is probably the better candidate to advance to the General election. For the House races, in sub-district 30A, Aron Axe and Mary Reese are probably the lesser of evils.

DISTRICT 32 (Northwestern Anne Arundel County: DEMOCRATS: For the House, sadly, no one seems to be reasonable on liberty matters! Thwart victory from Mark Chang.There'll be more to say about this district after the primary!

DISTRICT 42: REPUBLICANS: In sub-district 42B, Justin Kinsey and either Tim Robinson or Nick Mangione are your best bests. Thwart victory from Raymond Bocelli! This will be a district to keep an eye on!

Democratic GOVERNOR'S RACE: Ralph Jaffe is probably the only candidate that will be sympathetic to us! I'll have more to say about this after the primary is over!

Regarding District 8 - Bromwell initially voted FOR the red flag bill, but changed his vote at the very end, presumably because he could vote no and still have the bill pass. Still, he's unquestionably the best 2A candidate among Democrats running in this district, but I will not vote for him in the general election. Klausmeier's primary opponent isn't a serious challenger. Boteler is a big friend of 2A. Norman got a D from NRA-PVF, but I've seen his questionnaire, and it's quite reasonable. Some quibbles, but not anything worth withholding a vote in this primary. Secoura has been a candidate for at least the last two elections but she's not a party insider, so she's not ticketed up with anyone with name recognition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom