• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kfrede86

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2010
    St. Marys
    Thinking about building an AR pistol with one of my lowers from the April group buy. I have done some searching and it seems to be legal since it is a "virgin" receiver. Please correct me if i am wrong. Has anyone heard of Young Manufacturing or used any of their products? I came across their website and found what looks to be a decent deal on a complete pistol upper. Here is the link
    http://www.youngmanufacturing.net/product-info.php?pid134.html

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Legal as long as you are 21 or older, in general. Don't know about Young.

kfrede86

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2010
    St. Marys
    It looked like a good deal. I've also looked at M1S uppers as well. Looking on AR15.com, it seems a lot of people have had good results with those.

Last edited:

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    It looked like a good deal. I've also looked at M1S uppers as well. Looking on AR15.com, it seems a lot of people have had good results with those.

Both my M1S uppers were great. They did have the CC database hacked a while ago and DID NOT inform their customers, that pissed me off... overall though M1S does a decent job. My M1S 7.5" SBR runs like a clock.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    Thinking about building an AR pistol with one of my lowers from the April group buy. I have done some searching and it seems to be legal since it is a "virgin" receiver. Please correct me if i am wrong. Has anyone heard of Young Manufacturing or used any of their products? I came across their website and found what looks to be a decent deal on a complete pistol upper. Here is the link
    http://www.youngmanufacturing.net/product-info.php?pid134.html

Check your forms and see what the dealer checked for firearm type.

kfrede86

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2010
    St. Marys
    I've looked at the forms and all I can find is that they wrote receiver down as the type of firearm. I can't find anywhere else that says it's a pistol or rifle. As for the upper, both options i mentions looked nice. I think i might go with the M1S considering all the positive feedback and the options they give you for the initial purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom