• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    I don't think this has been mentioned yet in this thread:

The federal school zone act applies if you do not have a permit from that state. Another reason to get a permit for states you frequent.

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    Stoveman should get whatever the highest badge there is from MD Shooters. It should be equivalent to Boy Scout Eagle Badge!:D

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Only have Texas. That covers me in the most states I travel too (PA and DE) . Someday I hope to have a resident permit , days after I move to VA or WV :lol2:

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Eleven answered, total of 33 permits. I have four, so make it a dozen with 37.

Why numbers of permits, NICS checks, etc. etc. shouldn't excite anyone as anything to do with firearm popularity increasing or decreasing.
    22LR has hit 4¢ a round. Next few years will be very good for buyers. I'd like to see the revenue of NRA when published next, that will be another tell. One must honestly calculate whether the industry was happy that Hillary lost. Nothing like a Democrat gun grabber to drive sales through the roof.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    I'm so envious of many that have MD CCW! I'm going to cry over by my beer.:envy: I don't even want to try MD CCW process. What's the success rate? An employee at Cabela in Delaware told me that MD residents need to try harder in the election to elect Republicans. I told them we tried but he said we don't try hard enough! Hard enough???? What the hell? I voted Republican/Libertarian every time I got a chance. I am out numbered.

Most here have the MD permit as the result of business/work. With your own business (even small side ones), you have a decent shot. I was thinking about using my wife's side business to get mine, but the 16 hour training plus all the hassle just wasn't worth it since I don't spend a whole lot of time in MD. I'll just hold off until National Reciprocity is passed.

It's a big uphill battle to get GOP elected in MD. You'd also need enough elected to actually change the law; probably they'd have to control House, Senate and Gov all at the same time. Not likely any time soon IMO.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    for those of you with a CT permit, does the following mean a permit from your home state?

Non-residents must have a carry permit issued by a United States jurisdiction to apply. Connecticut is a Licensed Open Carry state. A Connecticut Permit to Carry Pistols or Revolvers allows the carry of handguns openly or concealed any place in the state that is not considered "off-limits" under state law.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    for those of you with a CT permit, does the following mean a permit from your home state?

Non-residents must have a carry permit issued by a United States jurisdiction to apply. Connecticut is a Licensed Open Carry state. A Connecticut Permit to Carry Pistols or Revolvers allows the carry of handguns openly or concealed any place in the state that is not considered "off-limits" under state law.

The language you just stated seems to mean any permit, but I can't recall if home state is needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom