• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    https://archive.fo/MZ8VX

Boy oh boy did we dodge a bullet (microstamped pun intended) here in MD when he ran for Governor.

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Today, Congressman Anthony G. Brown (MD-04) introduced the Make Identifiable Criminal Rounds Obvious (MICRO) Act (H.R. 3458). The bill prohibits federal firearms licensees from manufacturing, selling, or transferring semiautomatic handguns, unless those handguns are capable of microstamping ammunition or face gradual fines. Microstamping builds on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) use of automated ballistic imaging and comparison equipment to analyze crime gun evidence.

Brown must not have gotten the memo on how ballistic fingerprinting was junk science.

Shh...

Don't tell him that firing pins and barrels are replaceable.
    Also don't tell him that casings are also made of steel.
    And SURELY don't tell him about these strange devices known as files...

Co-Sponsors are the usual suspects, including chess scrub Raskin
    Rep. Robert A. Brady (PA), Rep. David N. Cicilline (RI), Rep. Gerald E. Connolly (VA), Rep. Luis V. Gutierrez (IL), Rep. John B. Larson (CT), Rep. Donald McEachin (VA), Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton (DC), Rep. Jamie Raskin (MD), Rep. Janice D. Schakowsky (IL), Rep. Thomas R. Suozzi (NY), Juan Vargas (CA) and Rep. José Serrano (NY).

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    We should start a fastest fireing pin/barrel swap thread. I'm betting a few members could do it in under 10 seconds.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    We should start a fastest fireing pin/barrel swap thread. I'm betting a few members could do it in under 10 seconds.

maybe 2 minutes with my M&P9 since it could take a little bit to get to the striker.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Ever wonder why Democrats can't solve a problem like Baltimore when they put so much time into useless and stupid measures? The question answers itself.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I wonder how many of these dipshits who vote for this crap get campaign contributions from the dipshits who hold the rights to it.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I hope they put a lot of effort into this bill. I also hope it gets mentioned a lot this year into next year. That will just be ANOTHER talking point for the 2018 elections.

Let them put as much energy into this bill as they possibly can. It's DOA but don't tell them that.

john_bud

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    I guess crooks won't simply ditch the stolen gun into the sewer after shooting someone? Or spend a minute with a file? Heck, rifling patterns and chambering patterns can be radically changed by simply adding a sprinkle of sand to the chamber / barrel and firing a round. I wouldn't recommend it on a gun you actually LIKE, but even crooks are smart enough to know that, and they don't have emotional ties to the equipment.

And "high volume" shooters (competition shooters, heavy plinkers) will simply wear the barrel and chamber enough to radically alter it's signature in short order. I've shot 15k rounds this year, any bets on it's signature having changed?

I'd read that the "fired case" deal has only resulted in 1 (one) single conviction. At what cost? 10's of millions? Hundreds of millions? Those dollars could have been spent on actual patrol officers !

SavageShooter

Jan 10, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    Don't tell that dope Brown that criminals can use revolvers. Brown's forehead should be micro stamped from his old back stabbing buddy O'Malley.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I'd read that the "fired case" deal has only resulted in 1 (one) single conviction. At what cost? 10's of millions? Hundreds of millions? Those dollars could have been spent on actual patrol officers !

IIRC, the conviction in question was achieved without the fired case ID; it was a secondary issue.

Nice to see good ol' Jamin Raskin lining up with the rest of the tools. He can't be unaware of the downside of that law; certainly he was schooled about it in the MD GA. Truth and proof are meaningless to people like that. While I never had any respect for him anyway, it's always good to see my opinion of him self-validated.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The single casing match didn't "solve" anything . After the perp was identified and apprehended through other means , they worked backwards to retroactively use the casing as additional piece of evidence .

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    I guess crooks won't simply ditch the stolen gun into the sewer after shooting someone? Or spend a minute with a file? Heck, rifling patterns and chambering patterns can be radically changed by simply adding a sprinkle of sand to the chamber / barrel and firing a round. I wouldn't recommend it on a gun you actually LIKE, but even crooks are smart enough to know that, and they don't have emotional ties to the equipment.

And "high volume" shooters (competition shooters, heavy plinkers) will simply wear the barrel and chamber enough to radically alter it's signature in short order. I've shot 15k rounds this year, any bets on it's signature having changed?

Or selling the brass to reloaders ... :innocent0

I can't recall what MSP did with the fired shell casings from MD's debacle when that program was abandoned as a total failure and waste of tax payer dollars, but they had multiple barrels of it. Just imagine what it would amount to on a national level.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    So the proposal is to microstamp the firing pin. Microstamp what? a serial number? a smiley face?

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    so what happens when you have extreme amounts of carbon build up and numbers get wonky :innocent0

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Call his office to tell them what a stupid idea it is and why. Maybe next time he'll think before he acts. That would be a first, I know.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Call his office to tell them what a stupid idea it is and why. Maybe next time he'll think before he acts. That would be a first, I know.

And send him the link to this video ...

Apparently BrownStain needs to be shamed some more and be reminded of his failed run for Governor ...

I guess it's time for me to do a vid on microstamping fact and fiction for Brown's re-election campaign. How he EVER was elected in the first place is beyond comprehension.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007

No, let them run with it. Let it become a platform for the 2018 elections.

Please.....

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    And send him the link to this video ...

Apparently BrownStain needs to be shamed some more and be reminded of his failed run for Governor ...

I guess it's time for me to do a vid on microstamping fact and fiction for Brown's re-election campaign. How he EVER was elected in the first place is beyond comprehension.

Wasn't he appointed to this position? Then he ran on the coat tails of others before that.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    No, let them run with it. Let it become a platform for the 2018 elections.

Please.....

You aren't concerned about the power of emotion and propaganda? You assume people are rational. This could become the best idea since Obamacare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom