• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Per the Purple Stride organizers, the donation deadline is now Saturday at 8pm

I'm posting this karma here for those not able to see the one in the Water Cooler.

I am participating this year for the third time in Purple Stride Maryland to help raise awareness of, and raise money for, research to find a cure for this insidious disease; pancreatic cancer

I am asking all of MDShooters to help my wife meet her fundraising goal. Stacy worked for over 10 years at the University of Maryland Medical Center in clinical trials. Upon leaving, she undertook Purple Stride. This means a great deal to her and I would be grateful for any donations made. Donations should be made this Friday (10/7) by 8:00 pm

From the late Ron Smith, to Patrick Swayze, too many have died as a cure is still out there. Fellow MDS member cheesehead lost his wife on September 4th, after she has seemed to have beaten pancreatic cancer last year.

My wife's fundraising link is here:

http://support.pancan.org/site/TR/PurpleStride/PurpleStride?px=1358864&pg=personal&fr_id=1124

Post "I'm in" and random.org will choose a winner Friday night or Saturday afternoon.

Items secured thus far:

1) Pork Rinds
    2) Skittles
    3) Arizona Iced Tea (Watermelon flavor :cool:)
    4) Caramel Cremes
    5) Lard cooked potato chips (3 bags)
    6) Toy Police set (Blue Lives Matter!!)
    7) Potted Meat (pecker-free Mmmm Hmmmmm)
    8) Pocket Constitution
    9) Slim Jims
    10) Cap gun and caps
    11) Fake teeth
    12) Moon Pies
    13) Big league chew
    14) BBQ flavored sunflower seeds
    15) $10 Chick-fil-A card (delicious, hateful, intolerant bigotry)
    16) Candy Cigarettes
    17) Decal for SOTAR (School of the American Rifle)
    18) Matchbox Police car
    19) Homer Simpson figurine

Thans very much for your consideration and PM me with any questions.

Eric
    eruby

Last edited:

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Thanks very much Tankfixr , I am sorry to read about your dad.

I am folding both karmas into one, so anyone who donates here will be in for the grand Basket of Deplorables extravaganza.

I will add a post for all those here who do not have 50 posts and cannot post in the original karma.

Thank You again!!!

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Trying hard to get a mini Confederate flag. So far striking out.

I'll keep on it.

th

Donation deadline is Friday night at 8:00 pm.

I am truly in debt to MDShooters for your enormous generosity.:bowdown:

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Final evening bump.

While my wife is over goal, she is neck and neck with the third place overall participant.

I ask you all to give whatever you can.

Maybe you'll win the karma, maybe you'll win lunch, but definitely you'll be helping to find a cure for a horrible, killing disease.

Thank you so much!

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    E has done so much for this community over the years, and while we have been generous in the past, there's no law that forbids us from being generous yet again. I was proud to send in a second donation this evening, and hopefully you will be as well.

Our nickels and dimes help fund the fight to make cancer a thing of the past. F*** cancer.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Purple Stride was great success, though very windy. The deplorable Slim Jims we had on our snack table kept blowing away.

I am staggered and humbled by the incredible generosity of Maryland Shooters in contributing to Purple Stride. Our team raised over$15,500 for pancreatic cancer research and awareness. NO team in the eleven years of the Maryland event has ever raised that much. I thank you all.

It was great to see cheesehead and his daughter and her boyfriend.

I am shooting for the drawing Thursday afternoon. Just added a Super Band cap gun and cap rings, and red 'Solo' cups and a roll of tin foil. Other pictures to hopefully follow.

Donations are being taken for the next 60 days per the Pan-Can people.

http://support.pancan.org/site/TR/PurpleStride/PurpleStride?px=1358864&pg=personal&fr_id=1124

super bang.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom