• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I am sure that as soon as I send my form off to the ATF, it will become an issue. I am debating on jumping on the homemade bandwagon on the $100 thread. First I have to put $$$ aside for the trust.

How much can a trust cost? I see them for under $100 all the time.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    While we're at it can we remove machine guns from the nfa as well. My arthritis makes it hard to pull yhe trigger more than once ;)

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    I believe in parts of England that suppressors are required when using a firearm. Throw that in their face

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Personally, suppressors shouldn't even be a NICS item - still need a firearm for the thing. If you're good enough for a gun, then the suppressor should just be a off-the-shelf pay/no background check kinda thing.

SBS's and SBR's should be taken off the NFA list also and made to be simple NICS checks.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    Personally, suppressors shouldn't even be a NICS item - still need a firearm for the thing. If you're good enough for a gun, then the suppressor should just be a off-the-shelf pay/no background check kinda thing.

SBS's and SBR's should be taken off the NFA list also and made to be simple NICS checks.

I agree, but a simple NICS check might alert on someone that rightfully should not have a firearm. Personally, I think the entire NFA should be done away with. I am sure there are a few people that doled out 5-digits that would see a huge loss in value of their weapons that might disagree on that part.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    I am surprised that the ASA would actually support this.
    Suppressors in the USA are way over priced already. This would drive the cost way down and cut into profits.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    I am surprised that the ASA would actually support this. Suppressors in the USA are way over priced already. This would drive the cost way down and cut into profits.

But they would sell a heck of a lot more.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    I agree, but a simple NICS check might alert on someone that rightfully should not have a firearm. Personally, I think the entire NFA should be done away with. I am sure there are a few people that doled out 5-digits that would see a huge loss in value of their weapons that might disagree on that part.

When the timeline is long enough, everyone's return on investment is zero.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I am surprised that the ASA would actually support this.
    Suppressors in the USA are way over priced already. This would drive the cost way down and cut into profits.

It may close their margins, but it would increase the volume exponentially.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

Absolutely. Without the ATF BS and paperwork and ridiculous $200 tax, I'd have a boxful of these things. So would most shooters, I believe. I'm no fan of ear-shattering noise.

Elliotte

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2011
    Loudoun County VA

And typically, with increased sales volume the manufacturer can find ways to cut costs, volume discounts on raw materials, the ability to afford better machinery that can produce more, faster, etc.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    And typically, with increased sales volume the manufacturer can find ways to cut costs, volume discounts on raw materials, the ability to afford better machinery that can produce more, faster, etc.

yep. economically it's a win-win

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    This could potentially open a huge new market for the firearms industry. If the tax were removed and suppressor prices fell down to $200 for a base model that did an OK job, I'd buy one for every damn rifle and threaded pistol I own, and that is a lot of guns.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    This could potentially open a huge new market for the firearms industry. If the tax were removed and suppressor prices fell down to $200 for a base model that did an OK job, I'd buy one for every damn rifle and threaded pistol I own, and that is a lot of guns.

Yeah, I know I'd buy at least 3 cans. Two 30 cal rifle cans & 1 pistol (.45).

I'm not sure what I'd put them on, but I can figure that out.

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV

That's true. I would by a few and tinker with some of the homemade stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom