• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Maybe, just maybe he could have been truthful. Something like...

"The new head of the MSP has not even been confirmed yet and this is not a topic that we have had a chance to discuss (or whatever the truth is) so it would be inappropriate for me to comment on what we may do in the future".

But that's just MY idea.

" if I told you what I was hiding it would sink my nominee. So I will not..but I am not being evasive. "

Truth is the first causualty of politics. That's why we are not Govenor..

And likely never will be.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    " if I told you what I was hiding it would sink my nominee. So I will not..but I am not being evasive. "

Truth is the first causualty of politics. That's why we are not Govenor..

And likely never will be.

So I guess you can kiss all those closed door meetings bye bye :innocent0

Mr H

Banana'd
    Just curious, what does this mean? More specifically, define "the process." Thanks.

The legislative and administrative process(es)...

I have spoken to people all across the state... likely thousands... who say the same things we see here, and just 'want' things to happen. Many even demand that the .orgs simply make things happen, and that the politicians need to be 'made' to change things.

When it's explained to them how things really work, you'd be shocked at the number of people blame all the wrong people, and I'd venture that they never lift a finger.

Folks can believe me or not, but being demanding will get us very little, without cooperation and legwork.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I agree he didn't answer the question. I would have liked, but didn't expect, him to answer before the confirmation. I understand no sense in igniting opposition. However, he definitely said easier to OWN not carry weapons. That makes me wonder what the hell he is talking about? How is the administration (absent new legislation) going to make it easier to own weapons given the unambiguous purchase statutes and regulations? He has previously said he doesn't intend to challenge SB281, so what was he suggesting? He claims that both he and Rutherford are pro-2A? I'll know in 3 or four months whether he makes that claim on a good foundation, or whether he is going to disappoint.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I agree he didn't answer the question. I would have liked, but didn't expect, him to answer before the confirmation. I understand no sense in igniting opposition. However, he definitely said easier to OWN not carry weapons. That makes me wonder what the hell he is talking about? How is the administration (absent new legislation) going to make it easier to own weapons given the unambiguous purchase statutes and regulations? He has previously said he doesn't intend to challenge SB281, so what was he suggesting? He claims that both he and Rutherford are pro-2A? I'll know in 3 or four months whether he makes that claim on a good foundation, or whether he is going to disappoint.

Removing live-fire requirement from HQL comes to mind. That was entirely an administrative move.

Also, getting everyone in the MSP's firearms dept on the same page will definitely help. The confusion they've caused to citizens and dealers is infamous.

T'Challa

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 24, 2013
    Wakanda
    As another MDS member put it so succinctly, he uses the word "own". Danced right past CCW, and the comments were not optimistic to me. He was busy highlighting excuses.

Yep. He danced right around the issue. The rich do not want the common man to carry guns. It's ok to have one in your house but you sure as hell better not take it out to the harbor.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Yep. He danced right around the issue. The rich do not want the common man to carry guns. It's ok to have one in your house but you sure as hell better not take it out to the harbor.
    That's asinine and you know it.

Last time I checked, the majority of the nation is shall-issue and the powers that be in those states aren't poor.

T'Challa

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 24, 2013
    Wakanda

The question was about gun carrying, he went on record for ownership. I believe he is not a supporter of gun carrying.... ownership maybe, but not carrying.

T'Challa

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 24, 2013
    Wakanda
    That's asinine and you know it.

Last time I checked, the majority of the nation is shall-issue and the powers that be in those states aren't poor.

The lower the States' per capita income, the more shall issue they are.

It is not asinine. Let me add some clarity. There are a lot of shall issue states in the union. These states have very few urban centers and are not liberal. On the east coast, the culture is not conducive to there being a large amount of people (dem or gop) who are for concealed carry. Look at MD, NY, NY (Metor NY City and Long Island), Philly, Mass and Conn. So the culture in the NE is not having firearms. Rich people on the East Coast are not for concealed carry for the masses.

How's that.

Edit: You can add D.C. to that list.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.

My advice to the Gov given the pattern is to run, not walk, run from this community. I hope he does not do that. But if my paycheck depended on keeping him out of trouble that's my advice..

Now its no secret pols lie, but there is no reason to assume he is only lieing to US.

At this point I really no longer care..

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011

What exactly do you think he should do to create an environment of long lasting success regarding 2a and fiscal responsibility? He got elected on the tax issue, so that is going to be #1 on the priority list. Almost all of the questions revolved around fiscal issues, education, environment, rain tax, etc.

Sean did ask the cc question. And what did Hogan say? Remember it's not just us listening to the show. Did he say to the liberal ear "Yes we are going to have the wild west west with blood in the streets"? No to the liberal ear he said " We are going to uphold the law" But he also said to you, if you were listening, "I support 2A and my MSP superintendent does also". Do you think he is confused as to what the 2A says?

This is Maryland, if you think the fight was difficult and delicate before you are crazy. There was no fight, it was not going to happen. The fight was a dream that was only in your head. Now the possibility of change actually exists. Now the fight is really on. But you better have some rope a dope in your plan or you are going to get your ass kicked by a liberal media, populace, legislature, court system, and just about every entrenched bureaucracy in the state. You want to try bullish methods? You are done and have failed before you start. The man and his team got elected in a 3:1 democrat state, he's a lucky freaking genius, let him work.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    The lower the States' per capita income, the more shall issue they are.

It is not asinine. Let me add some clarity. There are a lot of shall issue states in the union. These states have very few urban centers and are not liberal. On the east coast, the culture is not conducive to there being a large amount of people (dem or gop) who are for concealed carry. Look at MD, NY, NY (Metor NY City and Long Island), Philly, Mass and Conn. So the culture in the NE is not having firearms. Rich people on the East Coast are not for concealed carry for the masses.

How's that.

Edit: You can add D.C. to that list.
    Far more agreeable. The dominos are falling on them though. CCW among the masses being allowed in Chicago? DC being forced to issue permits? That would be blasphemy to even think of less than a decade ago. How long before NYC is next?

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Removing live-fire requirement from HQL comes to mind. That was entirely an administrative move.

Also, getting everyone in the MSP's firearms dept on the same page will definitely help. The confusion they've caused to citizens and dealers is infamous.

Wow. For "pro-2A guys" I hope there is more to their plan than just eliminating the annoyance of the single shot live fire, and getting the MSP to uniformly apply the draconian anti-gun purchase laws already on the books. :rolleyes:

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Wow. For "pro-2A guys" I hope there is more to their plan than just eliminating the annoyance of the single shot live fire, and getting the MSP to uniformly apply the draconian anti-gun purchase laws already on the books. :rolleyes:

It was just a couple ideas. The big changes have to be made through the legislature.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    What exactly do you think he should do to create an environment of long lasting success regarding 2a and fiscal responsibility? He got elected on the tax issue, so that is going to be #1 on the priority list. Almost all of the questions revolved around fiscal issues, education, environment, rain tax, etc.

Sean did ask the cc question. And what did Hogan say? Remember it's not just us listening to the show. Did he say to the liberal ear "Yes we are going to have the wild west west with blood in the streets"? No to the liberal ear he said " We are going to uphold the law" But he also said to you, if you were listening, "I support 2A and my MSP superintendent does also". Do you think he is confused as to what the 2A says?

This is Maryland, if you think the fight was difficult and delicate before you are crazy. There was no fight, it was not going to happen. The fight was a dream that was only in your head. Now the possibility of change actually exists. Now the fight is really on. But you better have some rope a dope in your plan or you are going to get your ass kicked by a liberal media, populace, legislature, court system, and just about every entrenched bureaucracy in the state. You want to try bullish methods? You are done and have failed before you start. The man and his team got elected in a 3:1 democrat state, he's a lucky freaking genius, let him work.

I hate your views on Sunday hunting, but I love this post. :)

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    Don't stress over it.

We're dealing with people across the state who don't know the process, don't want to learn about the process, and won't step up to be part of the process, beyond the occasional rally and internet post.

Says the man with 36K + internet posts.

So, where is the bar for where someone may proffer their opinons on the subject? I have yet to see one.

That said, for me, I have spent many days in Annopolis, I applied for my permit knowing (pretty much) full well it would be denied, I have written letters, visited my Senator's and Delegates' offices, I have made phone calls and tomorrow I'll attend two town hall meetings; one with my newly elected Senator and another with one of my newly elected Delegates.

Hopefully that give me the ability to opine on the subject, just a little.

Now, if ya'll will excuse me, my wife is taking me out for my birthday dinner. I'm going to have a nice steak, medium rare with a craft beer. Then I'll come home and pour two fingers of Blanton's Bourbon, neat.

Later, boyz and girlz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom