Hypothetical: MSP shows up at home and asks to see your regulated firearms...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    How would the MSP know who a C&R holder is? The C&R is issued by the ATF. To my knowledge, that information is not shared with states.

Your local CLEO gets a copy of the C&R application/renewal, so they know who you are unless they didn't keep a record.

AlpineDude67

Feb 17, 2013
    Tell the cops no. They can go get a warrant, and if they have one, it doesn't really matter what you do, unless you are belligerent and get yourself arrested.

Keep all your receipts for your firearms together and accessible. If you don't have paperwork for a banned weapon, type up a list of all your banned weapons, including their serial numbers along with some statement that says "I purchased all of these weapons legally and own them as of the signature date." Then go to a notary and have the notary notarize it. DO IT BEFORE OCTOBER 1!!!

The date the notary places on the list will effectively establish you definitely owned the gun before October 1.

I don't know what the penalty is for owning a banned weapon in MD after October 1 that isn't grandfathered in, but I assume it is nasty enough that you should have definitive proof that you qualify for the grandfather rule.

marte616

God bless America...
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 15, 2008
    Occupied Territory
    I think maybe what he was asking is: If I've moved my regulated firearms out of state and MSP does indeed come back with a warrant and I cannot produce the serialized items on their 'official' list, what does post-Oct-1 law specify? What happens to the other firearms on premises? Is it at the discretion of the individual executing the warrant?

Bingo! We have a winner!!! I meant just that...lets say they DO show up with a warrant and they WANT to see all my regulated arms....and i don't have all of them...are we required to provide disposition records on OUR regulated arms?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom