• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • remrug

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2009
    manchester md
    I hunted the first three days of the early goose season in Dorchester Co.We saw quite a few teal,even had two land in with the goose dekes. I will be there for the teal opener.I know teal dont stay too long when the temps drop and we had some low temps for this time of year.Last year was my first time hunting them,so Im no expert by any means.Are they still around in good numbers or am I being too paranoid...lol

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    I say go for it. But personally I have never seen or killed a teal in MD during the season. But we killed a ton in Saskatchewan last year in Oct so I'm sure there's still some passing through going south. Good luck!

metalman3006

Gun Hoarder
    Sep 6, 2007
    Church Hill, MD
    Was planning to go to fishing bay Saturday, got the boat and decoys ready but all my buddies crapped out on me. Not sure if I am going now. I was told that the blue wings already came through last month.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    Was planning to go to fishing bay Saturday, got the boat and decoys ready but all my buddies crapped out on me. Not sure if I am going now. I was told that the blue wings already came through last month.

If you ever need another dummy to sit on the water with just slide me a PM.

Ifdot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Md Eastern Shore
    How did opening day go? Was all set to get out to fishing bay and had a last minute job come up. I have heard there isn't many teal around now due to the cooler temps we have been having.

boltster08

Feb 7, 2015
    Belair
    I went yesterday. Had about a dozen wood ducks land in the decoy spread but never saw a teal. Going out a few more time this week to see if I can spot any.

boltster08

Feb 7, 2015
    Belair
    We didnt see that many teal.I got one and my bud never got a shot.Lots of wood ducks....be careful

I was able to get out Saturday and then again today. Never saw a teal, but I have to agree. Saturday we have over a dozen wood ducks land in our spread and then today we have about 20-30 curious wood ducks flying around. I cant wait for 1st split!

metalman3006

Gun Hoarder
    Sep 6, 2007
    Church Hill, MD
    Went out today at Fishing Creek no luck. Tide was way up, foot of water on a lot of the main road. Marsh was flooded. Saw quite a few teal, flocks of 50 or more, just not near us. Had a few come close and 1 over the decoys when we weren't looking.

Attachments

• teal 2017.jpg
      teal 2017.jpg
      35.6 KB · Views: 69
    • teal 2017 a.jpg
      teal 2017 a.jpg
      36 KB · Views: 69
    • teal 2017 b.jpg
      teal 2017 b.jpg
      64 KB · Views: 62

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts