• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I wish they would let it go. This is starting to smell personal. We have a gubernatorial election to win and need to focus resources on that election. The media isn't going to "learn a lesson" from this even if VCDL wins. Don't like how liberal journalists with an agenda portray (betray) gun owners in the media? Don't cooperate with them. I'm disappointed hat they intend to pursue this, regardless of outcome. We have scarce resources and need to leverage them in ways that most benefit the Commonwealth's gun owners. VCDL leadership needs to sacrifice their pride and hit them where it counts - in November!

I do agree that VCDL aren't the folks who should be taking this on. But since they have, it's up to all of us to help them anyway we can.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I wish they would let it go. This is starting to smell personal. We have a gubernatorial election to win and need to focus resources on that election. The media isn't going to "learn a lesson" from this even if VCDL wins. Don't like how liberal journalists with an agenda portray (betray) gun owners in the media? Don't cooperate with them. I'm disappointed hat they intend to pursue this, regardless of outcome. We have scarce resources and need to leverage them in ways that most benefit the Commonwealth's gun owners. VCDL leadership needs to sacrifice their pride and hit them where it counts - in November!

If you believed you were defamed and portrayed in a false light by the media, you might take it personal, too. It's a very personal tort.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    To her, gun owners are buffoons and she just emphasized the truth. The judge agreed.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Is there any way we can shop for a court to hear the case or is it automatically sent to 1 specific court for the appeal?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    the ordiginal case originated in the U.S.District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia which under the jurisdiction of the 4CA.

so that's where the appeal will be heard by a 3 judge panel.

Last edited:

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Just received the following e-mail from VCDL:

Subject: VA-ALERT: VCDL President to be on Tucker Carlson show TONIGHT!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will be interviewed tonight on the Tucker Carlson Show on the Fox News channel (and on Sirius XM Radio channel 114). The interview will be sometime between 8:35 PM and 8:50 PM.

I will be discussing the appeal on the Katie Couric lawsuit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Phil Van Cleave shared just what happened with MSI, just last weekend.
    We have some great guest speakers, don't we folks?

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    Virginia Citizens Defense League To Appeal The Katie Couric Lawsuit Dismissal

https://www.ammoland.com/2017/06/vi...al-katie-couric-lawsuit-ruling/#axzz4jROxjSjd

Posted on June 6, 2017 by Ammoland

Virginia*–*-(Ammoland.com)- *The Virginia Citizens Defense League Board of Directors, after careful consideration, has decided that the recent ruling dismissing the Virginia Citizens Defense League case against Katie Couric, et al, CANNOT STAND!

The lawsuit has far reaching implications for all Americans. If the media can be allowed to change a person's words to suit the media's own needs or beliefs, then a grievous blow will have been struck against the very core of the freedom that the United States stands for!

NO! We are going to fight this because too much is at stake.

Today, I have directed Virginia Citizens Defense League's attorneys to move forward with the appeal to the U.S. 4th Circuit Court of Appeals, where it will be heard by a three-judge panel “de novo” (which means the merits of the case will be heard anew with no consideration of the judge's ruling that recently dismissed the case).

Unfortunately fighting this kind of battle in court is not cheap, including the appeals process, for which we now have to budget. But the nature of the ruling is so dangerous to our liberty that Virginia Citizens Defense League must stay in the fight and prevail!

Virginia Citizens Defense League rarely asks for money other than your yearly $25 dues. But when we do, we make sure you understand why we are asking.

If you wish to contribute to help covering VCDL's legal fees, click here: http://vcdl.org/Donate

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!
    You will be updated whenever there is breaking news on Virginia Citizens Defense League's lawsuit.

I'll be donating more.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    The main reason to to keep the pressure on is to force Katie Couric and her documentary producers to remove the offending "dumbstruck-with-silence" pause, which lives on in the production.

That STRUCTURED SLANDER cannot be allowed to stand for all future viewings

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom