• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    I was there Friday. It was crowded, but I did find a parking spot. They seemed to have lots of ammo on the shelf, but I wasn't able to get to the powder. It was marked 15% off and it was around 22-23 per lb. It just looks like a smaller Bass Pro Shops. I looked for some magazines, and they were more expensive there than Elite Shooting Sports.

Biff_N

Jan 7, 2010
    I'm surprised they are opening any new stores. Thought Cabela's was being bought out by BP

I too heard that BPS purchased Cabelas and that final approval on the sale would take a few months to be finalized sometime in 2017.

My guess is Cabelas broke ground on this store before the sale came about. I prefer Cabelas over BPS but not all business decisions have the customers interests in mind.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Anyone know if they will sell a long gun to Maryland resident?
    The massive Cabela's store in Hammond, Indiana was willing to sell me a Mini-14 a year back. They had a printed book as well as a computer hookup that they checked to see what was permissible. I don't know their handgun policy (i.e. if they'll ship to a MD FFL).

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Yeah, I drove by it yesterday afternoon myself, hope to again some day.

Lol! I drove past it four times that day. Back and forth from Rockville Md. to Hume Va. twice(because the boss forgot something). Six hours on the road that day. :cool:

LargemouthAss

Dec 27, 2012
    I went there on Saturday. Nice store. Guns are the big priority with this store. It doesn't have anything mind-blowing like the Hamburg taxidermy displays/epic indoor aquarium but if you want firearms and fishing tackle you will probably leave happy. If you want to buy a boat you will find a limited selection of pontoon boats and aluminum bass boats, no fiberglass glitter rockets like you find at Hamburg but that is also where a lot of the square footage difference comes into play.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Ordered a Marlin 60, March 23, got the price down to ~$130 before tax. Finally arrived yesterday. I figured I'd get there at 11am today (opening time today) and get it. I've heard horror stories of the wait. I was told in the email to go to customer service, so after waiting ten minutes there (2nd in line) am told to go back to firearms department. Luckily one of three guys was available immediately, even though there was a number counter displayed. Takes about 10 minutes to find the article then he has me fill out out the 44whatyamallcallit. Then he walks me in to a line, (I was #3) to wait again to do more stuff with another guy. I was overjoyed the NICs came back OK, as the guy in front of me was not getting any joy on that.

So being the rifle was paid for, it took me about 45 minutes once I went to the firearms department. The store as I hoped was not full of customers. When I finished getting rifle, I saw the line I was in had grown to eight people waiting. Stories of taking hours, I'm going to give that Mythbusters, verified. If buying a rifle there be sure to bring two photo ID's with address. They would not accept my Maryland Carry permit as ID, because there is no address on it. The Utah permit was good to go, it has address. Before I got carry permit, I never had more than one photo ID (DL). Pilots license has no photo..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom