No endorsement from WVCDL

Attachments

• kavanaugh.pdf
      139.8 KB · Views: 381

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Whoa... This guy will rule on 2A in the likes of how Roberts endorsed the Health care mandate as a "tax".

DP12

Apr 24, 2018
    SoMD
    Thanks for posting that.

This robed lawyer wreaks of the swamp. He doesn't just come out and say he's a "living constitution" supporter, but those excerpts make it clear that's exactly what he is.

Very dangerous dude.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    I don't know what to make of that letter. Out of the volumes of opinions that Kavanaugh has written, they cherry pick a few sentences, present them out of context, and make them look bad. I'd like to see more of each excerpt, not just a sentence or two that don't read well. On the surface those sentences don't look good, but what does the writing as a whole say?

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Many conjecture that Joe Manchin will vote for Kavanaugh, since WVCDL is against. We'll see! Of course the slogun "Joe's gotta go" comes to mind!

DP12

Apr 24, 2018
    SoMD
    I can't imagine a context in which I could say this with a straight face: “This is a reasonable presumption because a regulation that is ‘longstanding,’ which necessarily means it has long been accepted by the public, is not likely to burden a constitutional right;”

James Madison would throat-punch Kavanaugh.

Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    I can't imagine a context in which I could say this with a straight face: “This is a reasonable presumption because a regulation that is ‘longstanding,’ which necessarily means it has long been accepted by the public, is not likely to burden a constitutional right;”

To be fair, he said, "is not likely to" not "cannot."

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I wonder whether CCRKBA has seen WVCDL's letter.

Its E-mail today:

‘BRETT KAVANAUGH MUST BE CONFIRMED TO SUPREME COURT,’ SAYS CCRKBA

BELLEVUE, WA – Judge Brett Kavanaugh must be confirmed to fill the Supreme Court vacancy created by Justice Anthony Kennedy’s retirement, which once again confirms the president’s determination to put qualified jurists on the bench who will interpret the Constitution rather than try to reinvent it, the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms said today.

CCRKBA members, supporters and gun owners in 11 key states – Florida, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Michigan, Missouri, Montana, North Dakota, Ohio, West Virginia and Wisconsin – must contact their senators and urge them to vote for confirmation. Information on senators in those and all other states may be found at www.senate.gov.

“One look at Judge Kavanaugh’s qualifications should be enough to convince anyone, especially those sitting on the Senate Judiciary Committee, to confirm his nomination,” said CCRKBA Chairman Alan Gottlieb. “Only those who wish to rewrite the Constitution, omitting the Second Amendment in the process, would oppose Kavanaugh’s confirmation.”

Gottlieb said CCRKBA has done its homework on Kavanaugh. His dissent on an important case in the District of Columbia that recognized the ban on semiautomatic rifles and a broad registration requirement were not up to Constitutional muster shows that the judge understands and adheres to the individual right to keep and bear arms that is enshrined in the Second Amendment, he noted.

“The fact that Judge Kavanaugh’s nomination is being strongly opposed, if not downright vilified, by the gun prohibition lobby clearly signals to us that he is the right man for the job,” Gottlieb added.

To contact the Senate via telephone, call the Capitol switchboard at (202) 224-3121 and ask to be directly connected to the offices of Senators representing your state.

“It is imperative for Second Amendment activists to get busy on this even during the Congressional recess,” Gottlieb noted. “The gun prohibition lobby is working overtime to block Judge Kavanaugh’s confirmation, and American gun owners need to meet that challenge head-on to assure a fair and faithful Supreme Court majority.”

CCRKBA Facebook Page

CCRKBA Twitter Page

<Please e-mail, distribute, and circulate to friends and family>

Copyright © 2018 Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, All Rights Reserved.
    Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
    James Madison Building
    12500 N.E. Tenth Place
    Bellevue, WA 98005 Voice: 425-454-4911
    Toll Free: 800-426-4302
    FAX: 425-451-3959
    Email: InformationRequest@ccrkba.org

Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    I agree that he is not pure on the Second Amendment, however, after reading some of his opinions, I believe he will rule in favor of the 2nd instead of against. This is one of those rare times where I disagree with the WVCDL.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I agree WVCDL’s purist ideology is not the reality of the world we live in.

Hopefully Kavanaugh will be confirmed

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Watching FOX news Sunday and Dicky Durbin is saying that Kavanaugh is the most UNQUALIFIED nominee in the past 40 years “as the people have pointed out”. WTF? What people are he talking about? And saying that executive privilege for holding 100K documents are keeping the American people from finding out what kind of judge he is. Saying it’s never happened in history. Well, the Democraps never asked for 1 MILLION documents before. Seems they’re getting desperate.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    How do the Dems like that Executive Privilege thing? Obozo used it to cover up Fast & Furious.

Turnabout is fair play and all that.

I am so loving this

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    How do the Dems like that Executive Privilege thing? Obozo used it to cover up Fast & Furious.

Turnabout is fair play and all that.

I am so loving this

Absolutely agree. obozo could do no wrong, and if it did no one was the wiser because it was covered up. Funny how the wheel spins both ways.

JoeTheBeagle

Aug 19, 2018

Madison needs to be throat-punched as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom