• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Looks like Bump stocks are going to be banned nationwide according to MSN. There are no details as of yet.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    You should be ASHAMED

No Rack, I have no reason to be ashamed for alerting our forum members. I don't support it, but that is what the news (if you care to call them that) is reporting and that is what I got from my sources. I think you jumped before looking on this one.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    The gun control freaks can ban things all they want. Such unenforceable laws will accomplish nothing, and freedom loving Americans will simply ignore them anway.

lonewolf220

Oct 10, 2014
    Hampstead
    Looks like Bump stocks are going to be banned nationwide according to MSN. There are no details as of yet.

CNN report on this. Also has video of Trunp speaking about it from today

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/20/politics/donald-trump-bump-stocks/index.html

If you don’t want to give them clicks, his quote is:

“Just a few moments ago I signed a memo directing the attorney general to propose regulations that ban all devices that turn legal weapons into machine guns," Trump said at a Medal of Valor event at the White House, addressing Attorney General Jeff Sessions.
    "I expect these regulations to be finalized, Jeff, very soon," Trump said.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    This might be the citation from MSN...just guessing...OP?

This is the headline:

President Trump directs Justice Department to ban gun modifications like bump stocks used in Las Vegas massacre
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/p...-stocks-used-in-las-vegas-massacre/ar-BBJnGfk

THEN it goes on to say:

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump says he's signed a memo directing the Justice Department to propose regulations to "ban all devices" like bump stocks used in last year's Las Vegas massacre.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    The gun control freaks can ban things all they want. Such unenforceable laws will accomplish nothing, and freedom loving Americans will simply ignore them anway.

A lack of grandfathering for existing bump stocks and folks won't want to be caught outside or on a range with one.

They could make possession legal and use illegal. Cuzz the government can't legally take your stuff.

Still to soon to know where the Whitehouse and Sessions and the ATF are heading with this BS.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    A lack of grandfathering existing bump stocks and folks won't want to be caught outside or on a range with one.

They could make possession legal and use illegal.

Still to soon to know where the Whitehouse and Sessions and the ATF are heading with this BS.

Concur, I will be sending out a few letters this afternoon.

lonewolf220

Oct 10, 2014
    Hampstead
    A lack of grandfathering for existing bump stocks and folks won't want to be caught outside or on a range with one.

They could make possession legal and use illegal. Cuzz the government can't legally take your stuff.

Agreed. Will really depend on what’s in the memo. His actual quote doesn’t necessarily mean what the media says it will do. But that depends on them understanding what a machine gun actually is and I don’t have high confidence in that

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    So are we going to yet give away something else with no concessions from the other side?

I don't plan on giving anything up without a fight. I'm not a "Coward", I'm not a "Cupcake" regardless of what a person may say about me.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    A lot of Republicans are on board with this. Including some pretty prominent ones.

People who care about or own bump stocks are a minority of a minority. My guess is that this will happen. Question is, what do we get. Congressional Republicans are very deeply concerned about mid terms. Trump is already framing this as "Democrats did not care when they had the majority" What we may get is a chance to have a GOP majority in 2019. There are many SCOTUS retirements coming. Replacing Kennedy, Ginsburg, and some others is paramount. Gotta play the long game here. Also, I far prefer this to Annapolis action.

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    I don't understand attacking the OP. He is just reporting what EVERY major news outlet is. It is being reported that Trump is directing the justice department to reconsider the approval of bumpstocks. That not on the OP, that's on Trump.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I don't understand attacking the OP. He is just reporting what EVERY major news outlet is. It is being reported that Trump is directing the justice department to reconsider the approval of bumpstocks. That not on the OP, that's on Trump.

This. Its being reported, even on Fox, that Trump directed Sessions to ban devices that make rifles machine guns.

I too think this is a done deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom