• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Might want to go back and check the reason why they posted that. Optics Planet is based out of Cook County Illinois. They have never sold regular capacity mags......only ten round mags, due to their location. They are mandated by the state they do business in just like dealers here in Maryland.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

How do you know they have NEVER sold standard capacity mags? Based upon what I am reading from the e-mail earlier that Optics Planet sent to somebody, they had indeed been selling standard capacity mags. The person was actually able to put them in his cart and pay for them. Then, the buyer received an e-mail. Question is whether anybody has bought any standard capacity mags from OpticsPlanet after July 2013.

You state "never" as if it is fact. How did you arrive at this fact?

I can come up with plenty of other scenarios. OpticsPlanet was selling standard capacity mags until recently. All of a sudden, Cook County figured it out and told OpticsPlanet to cease and desist. All of a sudden OpticsPlanet realized it was breaking the law. All of a sudden OpticsPlanet's morals changed after Parkland.

I want proof that this has been OpticsPlanet's policy since July 2013. I want proof that it was NOT selling standard capacity mags between July 2013 and February 2018. If that is NOT the case, I want to know exactly why OpticsPlanet changed its position. Till then, I'm not buying anything from OpticsPlanet.

JAY1234

Retired Radioman Chief
    Dec 1, 2012
    St Marys County Maryland
    I have been a member for a while and have very few posts. I sign in to keep updated on facts and opinions. Posting to reach a magical count is asinine in my opinion. If someone has something to say that is factual, then put it on here for the rest of us to read. If you post opinions, I may read them but that does not mean I believe them.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I have been a member for a while and have very few posts. I sign in to keep updated on facts and opinions. Posting to reach a magical count is asinine in my opinion. If someone has something to say that is factual, then put it on here for the rest of us to read. If you post opinions, I may read them but that does not mean I believe them.

No one is posting to reach a magical count. 500 posts, great. 100million posts, yay.

Just always get a chuckle out of the 5+ year members with less than 3 digit posts. Nothing wrong with them, it just makes me chuckle. I'm sure they have 17K posts on their trading card or bass guitar forum. :D jk

DubTap21

Jan 27, 2013
    Silver Spring
    How do you know they have NEVER sold standard capacity mags? Based upon what I am reading from the e-mail earlier that Optics Planet sent to somebody, they had indeed been selling standard capacity mags. The person was actually able to put them in his cart and pay for them. Then, the buyer received an e-mail. Question is whether anybody has bought any standard capacity mags from OpticsPlanet after July 2013.

You state "never" as if it is fact. How did you arrive at this fact?

I can come up with plenty of other scenarios. OpticsPlanet was selling standard capacity mags until recently. All of a sudden, Cook County figured it out and told OpticsPlanet to cease and desist. All of a sudden OpticsPlanet realized it was breaking the law. All of a sudden OpticsPlanet's morals changed after Parkland.

I want proof that this has been OpticsPlanet's policy since July 2013. I want proof that it was NOT selling standard capacity mags between July 2013 and February 2018. If that is NOT the case, I want to know exactly why OpticsPlanet changed its position. Till then, I'm not buying anything from OpticsPlanet.
    That's what I gathered from their Instagram post from yesterday. At least that's how I comprehended it. I've never ordered mags from them......never even knew that they sold mags!

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Merc1973

Jan 5, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    No one is posting to reach a magical count. 500 posts, great. 100million posts, yay.

Just always get a chuckle out of the 5+ year members with less than 3 digit posts. Nothing wrong with them, it just makes me chuckle. I'm sure they have 17K posts on their trading card or bass guitar forum. :D jk

Some of us have a job. :innocent0 :evilgrin3

The same reason why our 2A protests have low attendance. Take time of work and not get paid to provide for our families or be able to protest when idiots like Brian Frosh dont give a crap about us, like pissing into the wind.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Some of us have a job. :innocent0 :evilgrin3

The same reason why our 2A protests have low attendance. Take time of work and not get paid to provide for our families or be able to protest when idiots like Brian Frosh dont give a crap about us, like pissing into the wind.

Yeah, I have no time for this BS. So, I am looking at places in Tennessee and Kentucky. Should post a poll of the other 49 states and ask the members:

"If you could move out of Maryland, which state would you move to?"

It would be interesting to see where most Maryland gun owners would prefer to live if they could move out of Maryland. Maybe I can buy a house in Tennessee right next to where Beretta moved.

Sadly, a couple of wonderful houses that I found on 20+ acres have schools that are worse than Baltimore City. Never thought that would be possible, but it appears it is.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Sadly, a couple of wonderful houses that I found on 20+ acres have schools that are worse than Baltimore City. Never thought that would be possible, but it appears it is.

Define "worse."

Worse like kids bringing drugs and violence to school or worse like making the honor role won't put them in line for an ivy league college?

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Define "worse."

Worse like kids bringing drugs and violence to school or worse like making the honor role won't put them in line for an ivy league college?

Worse, as in ranked a 2/10 on Great Schools. Did not look at what specifically caused the schools to be ranked 2/10, but it was two different sets of schools in Tennessee that I saw that at. 2 stars across the board from elementary, middle, and high school. Granted, it was listed as elementary/middle school, which makes me believe they were both the same. K-8 in one building. Reminds me of Faquier Middle School K-8 when I was in "intermediate school 7-8".

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Define "worse."

Here is an example:

https://www.redfin.com/TN/Goodlettsville/980-Hitt-Ln-37072/home/87817705

https://www.greatschools.org/tennessee/goodlettsville/1089-Goodlettsville-Middle-School/

Of course, the question becomes what exactly is the "state average" for test scores, because these kids are vastly below it. I know my kids are testing above average for state and nation on MAP. No idea what the Tennessee state average is. Maybe the MAP scores there are way higher than here in Maryland and the state average is above the national average.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Worse, as in ranked a 2/10 on Great Schools. Did not look at what specifically caused the schools to be ranked 2/10, but it was two different sets of schools in Tennessee that I saw that at. 2 stars across the board from elementary, middle, and high school. Granted, it was listed as elementary/middle school, which makes me believe they were both the same. K-8 in one building. Reminds me of Faquier Middle School K-8 when I was in "intermediate school 7-8".

I found out a lot about "great schools" and other grading systems for schools when we moved here. I found out that they were okay as a very broad guideline, but nowhere near a reliable source for actually making a decision on where to live.

Truth be told, our kids' Elementary school scores a 9 overall and 10 for testing. It truly is a great school as we have experienced. However my son's middle school scores a 6. His school is awesome as well, so what gives with the score?

The more we researched, the more we found out how little that x/10 means as far as a real world barometer for how well your kids will enjoy a school, how well they will be treated, and what they will get out of their experience. It takes a lot more digging and a lot of looking past that number. When we moved here we knew what zip code we would be living in. It happens to be split up into two school districts. One notoriously better than the other among locals. We ended up in the "inferior district" because of which adequately sized houses were available for rent at the time. But it didn't matter because the school's are actually great in our experience.

The other side of the coin is what I was warned about before we moved here. Friends and family made us aware of a few districts we needed to stay away from, and it wasn't because of poor academics. Some of those schools actually achieve well academically, on paper. But then you find out from parents of kids who actually went to those schools about the economic status of some of the kids affecting the ability for others to learn. Yeah, it's a hard thing to hear, and yes, some of it was racially charged. But it's real life. The constant fights, the drugs and poor influences in the middle and high schools, the complete and utter lack of parental involvement. None of that was reflected in the x/10 number for those schools.

whew, ya got me on a tangent now. :lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom