• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    Saw a guy there selling the adapters for the Oil Filters... Do they really work as a suppressor?

A friends son bought one and tried it on an ar,without using subsonic its never going to supress much plus it just screams to get yourself raided by atf,swat, and whoever else

gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    This show was surprising, i have gen2pmags with dustcovers in the wrapper for 10$ each couldnt give them away,5.56 ammo .35c per round top brsnds 20 round boxes buy one or 100 couldnt sell one but i could sell 22 at 8 to 10 cents per round, at least some md residents got some good guns tho.

pez34a

Feb 17, 2013
    Columbia, MD
    This show was tough for dealers as well many had little to know sales,personally i dont see how they do it tables are 115$ each and if u dont sign up for the next show you lose your spot and go on a wait list, then factor in hotel and food and fuel costs, thats why i dont understand refusing to sell to maryland residents

Free market at work. Consumers aren't idiots and know those prices were exorbitant. I had a wad of cash but walked away buying nothing. If a dealer had fair prices they would have made the table rent easy I bet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    I thought the accessory prices were high. I was looking for some odds and ends and couldn't find it.
    Accurate #2
    Accurate #7
    Plastic flash suppressor covers
    Elander magazines
    S&W 6946 magazines (I avoided looking at the known super pricey guys)

honda53s

Ultimate Member
    May 4, 2009
    Baltimore County
    After months of reading the posts about the Nation's Gun Show, I have yet to find a compelling reason to drive the 180 mile round trip with 3 hours travel time (or more with the rain) to get a look. By the time I pay for the gas, wear and tear, and admission, I'm just not convinced there is any return on investment. What am I missing?

I have been to this show 4 times. It really was a good show until Obama got into office. Than the prices drove way up like everything else. I have only been back once since. I probably won't go back unless I am really bored and feel like driving... That probably won't happen since I drive just about 4,000 miles a month.

So your answer is.... Nothing.

FFMike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2010
    Howard County
    Is that sort of thing even legal? (And does the oil filter work more than once?)

He said it was.. I was more interested in trying it for catching fluids after cleaning barrels. Made me wonder about the suppressor capability. He said you could fill out the ATF form at the booth and send it and the $200 for the tax stamp to the feds. $50 for the kit, plus the cost of the filter. Saw some you tube vids using as a suppressor, but who knows. Was looking for some guidance from someone that has used it. Looking to clean and if it works maybe suppress two .22lr rifles.

JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    He said it was.. I was more interested in trying it for catching fluids after cleaning barrels. Made me wonder about the suppressor capability. He said you could fill out the ATF form at the booth and send it and the $200 for the tax stamp to the feds. $50 for the kit, plus the cost of the filter. Saw some you tube vids using as a suppressor, but who knows. Was looking for some guidance from someone that has used it. Looking to clean and if it works maybe suppress two .22lr rifles.

Ah. Legal with the $200 stamp. That was the missing info. Thanks!

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    It what that you do with it that triggers the need for a tax stamp. If you are using this oil filter nut only as a curio paperweight on your desk, you don't need no stinkin' badges.

JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    It what that you do with it that triggers the need for a tax stamp. If you are using this oil filter nut only as a curio paperweight on your desk, you don't need no stinkin' badges.

Sure, but from what I've heard, it can make encounters with BATFE a bit awkward. At least, I've heard that (for instance) it's best not to have a 10" AR-15 barrel lying around if you don't have an AR pistol or the relevant stamp. BATFE may infer an "intent to manufacture". And BATFE might have the opportunity to take notice of such a thing if you get that C&R inspection they warn you about. (Sounds like a good reason to do it at their place instead of yours.)

Nonetheless, interesting option (if pursued legally).

grayson71

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2011
    Rocky Gap, Va
    I went on Saturday, I only live about 10 mins away. I picked up some G17 mags for $24 each and a a couple of Lancer AR mags and 1 50 round box of Federal Hydra Shoks. Prices on these items were on par with what i would pay online including shipping. Other than that, I saw nothing that I would say was close to a bargan. Most handguns were priced over what i could buy them for at the LGS

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom