• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeCee

May 8, 2013
    I've been to the Nation's Gun Show at the Dulles Expo several times and I always manage to enjoy myself even on those trips when I don't buy anything, largely in part to the folks who display their antiques and discuss the history behind them.

The one thing that I always find myself wishing for once a get there is some sort of directory that might help me find something that I'm looking for, such as who's selling Springfield rifles or something along those lines.

Does anything like that exist? If so, I'd appreciate any pointers on finding it.

If not, I wonder how we might be able to get one?

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    As a promoter/vendor, would you rather have people map out an itinerary of the 5-10 tables they want to visit, or walk through the entire venue and capitalize on impulse purchases?

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    sometimes its just easier to keep track of the vendors, they typically get the exact or nearly the same tables. Or just skim through the ones you dont see what you are looking for and find the ones you are interested in.

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    It would be nice to have a lay out map so you could make notes of who, what and where you found items of interest so you could go back easier to purchase the item or items. For me this would only apply to large gun shows as I couldn't even ponder walking around a show with thousands of tables like that one in Texas/Oklahoma and trying to remember where I seen something.

Alderleet

Always, Sometimes.
    Sep 25, 2013
    AA
    How easy is it to find M1A/M14 parts at the "Nations gun show"?

I'm looking for USGI spare parts (extractor/ejector), ect.

I plan to go next weekend, but i just wanted to get a feel before hand.

mdunphyjr

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2010
    North point / Dundalk
    Hey guys, sorry to hijack the post OP.... will anyone have the 32 round uzi mags? Friend of my dad needs some and I suggested they may have them. I have been to the show a half dozen times but never looked for them, If not I'll tell him to just go online.

Thoughts????

MikeCee

May 8, 2013
    As a promoter/vendor, would you rather have people map out an itinerary of the 5-10 tables they want to visit, or walk through the entire venue and capitalize on impulse purchases?

That's certainly one way to look at it, on the flip side, if you were a vendor with a rather specialized inventory, would you like it if they made it easier for your customers to find you?

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    Hey guys, sorry to hijack the post OP.... will anyone have the 32 round uzi mags? Friend of my dad needs some and I suggested they may have them. I have been to the show a half dozen times but never looked for them, If not I'll tell him to just go online.

There's usually a set-up at the back end of the far left aisle (as you enter the building) that has a lot of used mags, including Uzi, but I'm not sure about 32 round ones.

Dennis Todd's setup on the far right side often has Uzi mags, some 32 round ones, including NIB.

Sometimes there are other tables scattered throughout with some.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I'm looking for a 1903A3. It's a medium-term project for me, you know - find out how much one will likely cost and start saving up for it.

You should find one there.
    There is a guy that has been setting up a single table on the right as you walk in. Close to the side of the food counter. Don't recall the name but will sell to MD residents. I got my 1903a3 from him and had talked to him at past shows. He'll have some Walther P38s and maybe Luger. When I got my 1903a3 he had some decent ones, a beater (worn down muzzle) and a nice Smith Corona (I bought that one). He had some 1903's as well. I walked half the show and saw more 1903a3's then came back. Finished the show and I still got a good rifle and a good deal. I had a bore light and muzzle gauge with me cause I was looking for something accurate (and it is!). Even the 2nd and 3rd choices for me were good bores. I recall $700-$750 last spring would get a good 1903a3 in decent shape. The beater was $595. I bet that beater though, saw a lot of action in the field.

Good Luck.

mdunphyjr

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2010
    North point / Dundalk
    There's usually a set-up at the back end of the far left aisle (as you enter the building) that has a lot of used mags, including Uzi, but I'm not sure about 32 round ones.

Dennis Todd's setup on the far right side often has Uzi mags, some 32 round ones, including NIB.

Sometimes there are other tables scattered throughout with some.
    Thank you for the response sir!

Should be a great day with dad and his buddy.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I too have bought OEM mags for my Sig Sauer and Glocks at the set-up on the back right side of the room. I also got some Magpuls for my AR's at the same set-up. They have lots of mags on display, but I obviously don't know if they have the 32 round ones that you are looking for.

The Nations Gun Show was the first gun show I ever went to and so I have a certain amount of fondness for it! Unfortunately it is a bit of a hike for me, so I don't go there unless I am looking for something very specific, like magazines that I cannot get in MD!

Cal68

opticman

9mm EyeDoctor
    Sep 30, 2009
    Not selling guns or ammo?

I've heard the radio ad on WMAL twice now past two days and towards the end of the radio spot I COULD SWEAR they said

"Buy just about anything except guns or ammo"

Is it time to get my hearing checked?

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    I've heard the radio ad on WMAL twice now past two days and towards the end of the radio spot I COULD SWEAR they said

"Buy just about anything except guns or ammo"

Is it time to get my hearing checked?

I think they are talking about thinigs that the NRA museum is selling.

sundaeman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 16, 2008

EC Depot might be able to help you. Should be about 2/3 of the way in somewhere in the left half.

Alderleet

Always, Sometimes.
    Sep 25, 2013
    AA
    EC Depot might be able to help you. Should be about 2/3 of the way in somewhere in the left half.

perfect. I saw the name Ellicott Depot, and then realized they dont have a actual store in ellicott...

Oh well, I'll swing by on saturday

Biff_N

Jan 7, 2010

It's been a few shows since I was last there but keeping the comment that vendors often stay in the same area I will pass this along. To the left toward the back there was a white guy with 2 Asian ladies who had M1a parts. I'm just trying to describe him as I don't know his name but others may know who he is.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom