• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Finally, the Hi Point 4595 will get a 20 round mag. Its a single/double stack and will be out in February.

We talked to the our Hi Point contact at SHOT today and made sure that we would be On the short list to get one :innocent0

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      103.4 KB · Views: 514

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    I thought I read on the hi point forums and couple years ago about folks modifying a 1911 mag to do the same thing. Welded them together ed to end or something.

Why Hi Point never went to a double stock 17 round mag for the 9 mm is beyond me. Fund carbine to shoot.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Somebody came out with a kinky-looking 20 round mag for Hi Points a few years ago. Odd, bent thing. But yes, ten rounds is ridiculous.

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    You should ask them when they are going to start offering models with a threaded barrel. I called a few years ago and asked that question and the customer service rep said that it was the first time anyone asked that question. If you could get a bunch of people there to ask that question maybe they would actually consider doing it.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    More than 10rds ...

How can you buy them in the PRofMD ? If there's a way, let us know.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I thought I read on the hi point forums and couple years ago about folks modifying a 1911 mag to do the same thing. Welded them together ed to end or something.

Why Hi Point never went to a double stock 17 round mag for the 9 mm is beyond me. Fund carbine to shoot.

They designed the gun initially to comply with the Clinton ban back in the day. Would have been nice to see double stacks. Maybe too expensive to pull off for what they would be able to sell the rifle for, not sure. They not only need to fit the mag but also get the rifle to run reliably on a double stack. Some designs can be quite fussy about that change.

I like mine. Never jams and you can shoot bullseyes at 25 yards all day long with it. For a $200 pistol caliber rifle can't ask for much more. Sits right in there with my Colts.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Its a highpoint it may be banger but it always runs.

That said unless you really need a trunk gun beater Id go with a Keltec or PCC!

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    You should ask them when they are going to start offering models with a threaded barrel. I called a few years ago and asked that question and the customer service rep said that it was the first time anyone asked that question. If you could get a bunch of people there to ask that question maybe they would actually consider doing it.

Looks like enough people asked :thumbsup:

This is new this year on the 10mm. Hopefully other models will be done too.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      34.3 KB · Views: 372

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    We finally got our 20 round Red Ball mag for the 4595 :party29:

Its a single stack to double stack and runs like a champ

Attachments

• IMG_2719.jpg
      IMG_2719.jpg
      172.1 KB · Views: 205

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Much better than that weird “bent” thing they offered previously. Thx for the post.

Yeah, thats still the standard 20 round mag for the 9mm though.

Rumor has it that this mag will also work in the new 10mm Hi Point as long as you don’t rapid fire it. I’ll test it out the next time I’m at the range

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    We finally got our 20 round Red Ball mag for the 4595 :party29:

Its a single stack to double stack and runs like a champ

I'm curious how the follower and spring are narrow enough to fit in the single stack portion, but also function in the wider double stack portion without tipping and/or binding.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I'm curious how the follower and spring are narrow enough to fit in the single stack portion, but also function in the wider double stack portion without tipping and/or binding.

I'm not sure, but it was described to me as being similar to a Sure Fire AR mag

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom