• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DucksRFlyin

Jul 31, 2016
    FYI Harford residents..--Email from Maryland Campaign fro Liberty

News broke late yesterday that the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) is suing the Harford County Sheriff's office because of their immigration enforcement efforts.

As you likely know, Harford County is one of only three county jurisdictions in Maryland to uphold the rule of law and cooperate with federal immigration officials through the 287(g) Program.

The ACLU of Maryland is leading the cause to make Maryland a "sanctuary state" for illegal aliens and criminal thugs.

We are concerned that this ACLU lawsuit leveled against conservative Sheriff Jeff Gahler's office is a politically-driven attempt to try to discredit and block federal immigration enforcement.

We must stand with Sheriff Jeff Gahler and the Harford County Sheriff's office to defend the rule of law against this Open Borders Lobby assault.

The ACLU and their liberal allies in the General Assembly have been unsuccessful for back-to-back years now in passing their center-piece "Sanctuary State" legislation.

Now they are pulling out all the stops and using frivolous legal attacks to try to tear down our borders.

We need your EMERGENCY HELP right now for several reasons:

The Open Borders Lobby may well use this lawsuit as grounds to try to freeze or end Harford County's cooperation with this federal immigration enforcement program.
    Any negative outcome in Harford County could easily translate into new attacks on Frederick and Anne Arundel Counties where local law enforcement use the 287(g) Program
    The Open Borders Lobby will use this to prepare for the 2019 General Assembly so that they can finally pass their center-piece legislation to make Maryland a "sanctuary state" for illegal aliens and criminal thugs.

Successful litigation against the Harford County Sheriff's Office could create a "chilling effect" across our state where other local authorities become weary about cooperating with federal immigration enforcement for fear of lawsuits and legal attacks.

Sign your "I Stand with Sheriff Gahler" Pledge today so that we know you will not back down to the ACLU or anyone else when it comes to upholding the rule of law in our state!

--Dave Pridgeon
    Maryland Campaign for Liberty

P.S. We don't have a country if we don't have borders.

So many immigrants SUPPORT Maryland Campaign for Liberty's work against "sanctuary state" policies.

Why?

Because they respect the rule of law and worked very hard to legally become citizens of our country themselves.

We should not reward law breakers with citizenship, please help us to rally support and raise funds to fight the Open Borders Lobby.

The ACLU's lawsuit filed this week against Sheriff Gahler is nothing more then a political power play to try to take down any local agency willing to enforce the law and fight illegal immigration.
    https://www.rightvoice.org/admin1/standwithsheriffgahler

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    As a lifelong Harford Countian I think I can say Gahler is about the most popular sheriff we've had and most of the folks here strongly support him.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    I am surprised that they haven't come after Sheriff Jenkins, here in Frederick County, for the same program.
    He is also the most popular Sheriff here in a long time.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    What a gross miscarriage of justice.

States now oppose feds. Social justice groups now oppose local LE.

The justice system has become the most recent front in the war on the rule of law.

Never forget the justice system is lubricated by time and money. Typically the bully (when there is one), enjoys more time and money than whomever they are bullying.

In a perfect world, these suits would be immediately dismissed as frivolous. That might allow the LEOs to do their job...and give the tax paying citizens the service and protection they’re paying for.

manderson

Ultimate Member
    Jun 3, 2008
    As a lifelong Harford Countian I think I can say Gahler is about the most popular sheriff we've had and most of the folks here strongly support him.
    From another lifelong Harford Countian - Also agree. Have you seen the Bel Air ICE Patrol car? I saw it once at the 924 and Bel Air S. Pkwy intersection. Probably the only ICE Patrol vehicle we have, but gave me a good feeling to see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom