• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldman12

Ultimate Member
    Sep 19, 2010
    "Merrica" Eastern Camp
    I don't own one, I have a couple AK's,I went wth the least expensive to feed.I always wanted one. Ok my question is, do they make a rail or rail extention so you could fit a dot scope with magnifier?

Sinjin

Jan 21, 2009
    Are you guys just rich or do I suck with money?

Man, I can't even begin to afford some of the guns you all have. :(

P-12 Norm

Why be normal?
    Sep 9, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    I don't own one, I have a couple AK's,I went wth the least expensive to feed.I always wanted one. Ok my question is, do they make a rail or rail extention so you could fit a dot scope with magnifier?
    The M1A's can be modified with a scout mount for long eye relief scopes, or just buy a scout model like I did.

Had a great day with SkunkWerx at his local range. Send a lot of lead down range, and saw what a Rem 700 with a properly bedded barrel, and super powerful scope can do...

P-12 Norm

Why be normal?
    Sep 9, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    Are you guys just rich or do I suck with money?

Man, I can't even begin to afford some of the guns you all have. :(

Nah, we just accumulate over the years. Gotta spend your recreational money on something. MY priority is my Motorcycle, and firearms.

Scottysan

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2008
    Maryland
    That's awesome! What a great buy! I'll prob see you down there sometime with my LR-308... who know's, you may convert me!

Scottysan

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2008
    Maryland
    If you haven't tried it yet, I recommend the PRVI match 308 that Gary Burak has for sale. Pretty reasonable price for a good performance improvement

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    If you wanted to mount a meduim range scope on a scout is the front pic. rail useless? I cant imagine looking through a scope half way down the gun.

If my goal was to mount a meduim range scope would it make more sense to get another model other then the scout? Seems like the scout is set up to run a Aimpoint or Eotech as opposed to a scope.

DomiNATE

Trololol
    Jun 10, 2009
    Howard County
    If you wanted to mount a meduim range scope on a scout is the front pic. rail useless? I cant imagine looking through a scope half way down the gun.

If my goal was to mount a meduim range scope would it make more sense to get another model other then the scout? Seems like the scout is set up to run a Aimpoint or Eotech as opposed to a scope.

When I had my squad scout in it's original configuration I had an Aimpoint on it so I know what you mean.

There are scopes that are designed to be used on that forward mount, they're similar to long eye relief pistol scopes. I think they're actually called scout scopes.

Snoop around online, or on here www.m14tfl.com
    Some guys have scout scopes, check out the forward mount on this setup down the page! http://m14tfl.com/upload/showthread.php?t=88158&highlight=scout+scope

P-12 Norm

Why be normal?
    Sep 9, 2009
    Bowie, MD

I put a Scout scope on it, and it is fine. This is not a tack driving varmint gun, but is accurate enough for my purposes. The Scope makes up for old eyes and iron sights at 100 yards, and it does help with target acquisition.

booker

Apr 5, 2008
    Baltimore
    Awesome rifle Sir!

I love the M1A: You take the M1 Garand, the "greatest battle implement ever created," and make it better with a box magazine and a modernized ergonomic stock. 'Nuff said.

CMP used to have some field-grade and rack-grade M1As that were decent shooters for under $1500. I've occasionally seen good condition used models for $1200-1600. I've been saving up for a Springfield National Match M1A, MSRP is $2315 but I've been quoted lower by a dealer in HdG. Haven't checked with my regular guy, Jack of Jacks Gun Works (highly recommended, his site is basic but it's better to call and then visit in person). I believe the composite stock scout is $1700ish (MSRP).

P-12 Norm

Why be normal?
    Sep 9, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    Awesome rifle Sir!

I love the M1A: You take the M1 Garand, the "greatest battle implement ever created," and make it better with a box magazine and a modernized ergonomic stock. 'Nuff said.

CMP used to have some field-grade and rack-grade M1As that were decent shooters for under $1500. I've occasionally seen good condition used models for $1200-1600. I've been saving up for a Springfield National Match M1A, MSRP is $2315 but I've been quoted lower by a dealer in HdG. Haven't checked with my regular guy, Jack of Jacks Gun Works (highly recommended, his site is basic but it's better to call and then visit in person). I believe the composite stock scout is $1700ish (MSRP).

My stock M1AA9126 (Scout with black composite stock) was OTD $1,440.

P-12 Norm

Why be normal?
    Sep 9, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    Sorry it took me so long to get back on. I actually have a BSA Edge scope, 2x-7x/30. Clear and according to all reports, holds up tpo recoil. So far in 400 rounds or so, no problem. I may go to a Red Dot at some point, I am not sure. Liking the current set-up, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom