• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I had dinner at the in-laws yesterday evening and a copy of The Wall Street Journal sitting around caught my eye. I did a quick search here, so I hope this isn't a dupe.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704904604576333443343499926.html

The Op-Ed piece was featured after this main article-

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704904604576335162888589404.html

Seems to me that the main article is mostly non-objective, and the Op-Ed article is spot on. I was pleasantly surprised.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Good little read. I can honestly say that most of the firearms I recover during work are all stolen for the most part locally. A lot of guns are taken from carless people (police included) leaving them in their car. Most of the firearms I snag are taken in in burglaries from P.G. County. I will say this though, there is a huge problem in our area with guns being brought up from the Carolinas after being stolen (again out of homes and trucks) and used in crimes up here. According to out Gun Recovery Unit it's because firearms are cheaper down there and the markup here is much better for resale. Very rarely do you find and individual who is attempting to get rid of 90 guns in a sale. Most trafficking is done in 1-2 gun purchases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom