• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    For what it's worth Fox Firearms recently moved from the Red Branch Road location to the former location of Constitutional Firearms off RT29 near Maple Lawn.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    ahhhh

An old joke. If you stick around eventually you'll find out :).

I just googled them, and found 3 different addresses, Rt 144 West Friendship, Red Branch Rd Columbia, and Scaggsville Rd Fulton. Google, their facebook site, and yelp can't seem to agree where they are. Have no idea which, if any are actually valid. Maybe you're near one of those?

The ole selling guns out of a car trunk that fell off the back of a truck routine like the "radios and speakers" in the 1980's :) Constantly mobile.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    wait time

I know a woman who just won a gun at a bingo event. Fox supplied the guns.
    That’s as close as I can get to a random woman looking for Fox Firearms.

Did they tell her the wait time was three years, regardless of the 7 day wait period?

songlaw

Aug 2, 2017
    Clarksville
    They don't send anyone around for an HQL. Even the CCW is only phone interviews, and they don't play games, they just ask the standard questions. HQL is about making it harder to get guns, and generating revenue.

Dutch: I don't believe that this is correct. They require in-person interviews with MSP. My references were not contacted, in my case. However, for friends that have used me as a reference, I have received a phone call regarding the applicant. I had to go to MSP and meet with the investigator. I believe that is in every case. They want to meet the applicant to ascertain that he/she is not a total nut case.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    They don't send anyone around for an HQL. Even the CCW is only phone interviews, and they don't play games, they just ask the standard questions. HQL is about making it harder to get guns, and generating revenue.

Dutch: I don't believe that this is correct. They require in-person interviews with MSP. My references were not contacted, in my case. However, for friends that have used me as a reference, I have received a phone call regarding the applicant. I had to go to MSP and meet with the investigator. I believe that is in every case. They want to meet the applicant to ascertain that he/she is not a total nut case.

I was a reference for a CCW. The nice lady did a phone interview. There may very well be an in-person interview for the applicant.

There's no in-person interview for an HQL. Unless they've changed that, of course. Even if there is an interview, it wouldn't be some random chick showing up at your office unannounced.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Whatsup guys. I’ve read this forum for a while but I’ve never posted until now. I just completed my hql training class last week and submitted my application later that night. I’ve never been in trouble and have good mental health so I’m confident it will go through. Anyways I found a pistol I like (p320 vtac) at a local gun store and paid for it so they would hold it. Alright to get to the weird part. I was at work today and this lady came inside our property asking how to get to the address of our old admin building. I told her it was not in use anymore but I could tell her how to get to the new building we just had built. She said she was looking for fox firearms. That’s where I put a hold on the gun. And it’s not even close to my job. She told me this is the address on their website and I pulled out my phone and looked and nowhere does it have my jobs address. Then I told her how to drive there from here and she asked me to text it to her. I said no. She kinda bullshitted for a second and then said she knew how to get there. Got in her car and left. Maybe 10 minutes later I got in my truck and drove over there because I was weirded out by this whole interaction and of corse she wasn’t there. Is there anything they do for getting an hql that would involve a private investigator coming to your place of work? She just had that pi vibe to her. It was tooo crazy of a coincidence for me to brush off. Any insight would be great. Sorry for the long post.

What screen name did you go by before your perma ban?

'There's a man woman, going 'round, taking names .....'

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    This thread made it to 30 posts, and no one asked if she was hot?

Weird and hot, can be a crazy fun combination!

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    This thread made it to 30 posts, and no one asked if she was hot?

Weird and hot, can be a crazy fun combination!

Have an alternate identity ready, and go to her place. No need to have crazy follow you around for the next few months.

offthepaper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 7, 2007
    Harford County

Not sure this is accurate.
    My daughters BF applied for a MD CCW recently and listed me as a reference. I received a VM on my phone from the MSP while I was at work explaining I was listed as a reference and to please call them back at the # given. I tried calling back 5x, but only got the officers VM and left a message and my contact info each time. Never heard back from him. I was talking to the BF and told him I was unable to make contact with the MSP and he told me another of his listed references was left a VM and was unable to contact the officer.
    The next week , the BF's permit arrived in the mail.
    Go figure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom