Where to find c&R eligible .25 acp for sale?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Collector98

Jan 18, 2015
    Hello, I am on the search for a cheap .25 acp C&R eligible handgun for sale in MD, simply because I like collecting interesting/odd guns. The issue I have come up with is that there are many for sale on gun broker, but the transfer fees make it unreasonable to purchase. Is anyone aware of a pawn shop or other gun shop that would stock something like that?

Thanks!

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    You need a C&R Federal Firearms Licence. No transfer fee of it's delivered to your door.

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    Do you have a C&R FFL yourself?

If not, do yourself a favor and get one. Then you won't have to worry about transfer fees from purchases from out-of-state C&R sellers (e.g., on gun broker), just shipping fees. There's no reason to limit yourself to in-state C&R sales and the associated transfer fees.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Do you have a C&R FFL yourself?

If not, do yourself a favor and get one. Then you won't have to worry about transfer fees from purchases from out-of-state C&R sellers (e.g., on gun broker), just shipping fees. There's no reason to limit yourself to in-state C&R sales and the associated transfer fees.

Unless it’s just a moral or financial objection to getting an HQL. Then you’d need to find C&R

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Thirty bucks and a thirty-day wait will bring you much closer to the freedom enjoyed by those who live in America. You'll make the cost back with the first couple purchases, in terms of savings on tax, transfer fees, and payoff to MSP. There are literally millions of C&R-eligible firearms to be had, and many of them are of superior quality, fit and finish when compared to current offerings. Plus there's history involved, not to mention discounts from companies that give FFL-holders a break on pricing.

It also saves you from having to compromise your principles by submitting to HQL.

As an added benefit, your purchase info is not available to the state. Pound sand, Col. Pallozzi!

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    With MD's Saturday Night Special law I'm curious to see if it's possible to purchase an inexpensive C&R .25acp pistol in MD. Many, many times I've seen "No transfers to MD" on pocket pistol lots in Redding auctions.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I forgot the pawn shop name in Glen Burnie but it sometimes had 25acp C&R pistols
    Also South Carol Sporting Goods who is an IP sometimes has one.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Actually , within a short period of time after the beginning of the Roster , .25acp rapidly fell from favor , supplanted by the Jennings and related design pistols in .380acp, and .32acp .

There were zillions of .25acp pistols in circulation , and they were prime candidates to have been fired no more than one box , then stashed in a sock drawer forevermore , so good condition ones are common .

About 20% of the cumulative production is of desirable quality , which is still a big number . Colts and Brownings have significant collector interest . I will point to Astra as being a combination of plentiful , good quality , and still reasonable prices . The date codes are well documented, and available on the internet , so C&R status can be easily established .

But there is no magic honey hole to find them ( quality .25acp generally .)

Make a habit of checking in with LGS that carry a selection of used pistols , and they turn up medium frequently .

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Years ago I had a RG Model 26 in .25 caliber. If I remember it was less than $50 brand new. It was cheap, fit and finish was questionable at best...but it never failed to go bang. Cheap doesn't necessarily mean poor performance. I later had a Beretta 950BS Jetfire .25...excellent all the way around.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    First, get a C&R. Then go on GunBroker and go shopping. My suggestions would be Beretta 318s and 418s, Walther Model 9s, Browning Babys...but the prize is a Cz-45. The gun Larry Seecamp copied (and acknowledged doing so) to create the LWS-25/32/380 family.

bradg

May 12, 2017
    I've seen lots of saturday night specials for sale in the area. Though the vast majority of them are not C&R. But for in-state sales of C&R handguns in MD it doesn't matter, you still have to go thru the regulated firearm check and 7 day wait. OTOH, with your C&R license you can buy a C&R one on line and have it sent direct to you. The only downside is there are a lot of dealers on the net who for whatever reason will not ship to a C&R holder. So you just have to look a little harder.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    The only downside is there are a lot of dealers on the net who for whatever reason will not ship to a C&R holder. So you just have to look a little harder.

I used to be proactive, emailing sellers on GB about whether they'd accept my FFL03. Someone here pointed out that if the gun is C&R eligible, just send a money order with a copy of the license; with money in hand, they seem eager enough to sell.

Of course I don't bother with the few that state specifically in their ads that they won't accept a C&R.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    A few C&R 25 ACP pocket pistols were at Peninsula Pawn south of Cambridge when I dropped in today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom