• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 18wheeler

Mar 16, 2019
    Perryville
    Well I have finally done it. After years of excuses making I set the money aside to complete my first AR.

-Anderson lower $60
    -PSA MOE lower build kit $100
    (Both from J&K in Havre de Grace on rt 40)
    -Toolcraft nitride BCG $90
    -Strike charging handle $25
    -Radical firearms 16” midlength SOCOM upper with 15” MLOK rail $200
    -Cheap Firefield red dot $25
    (Until I can afford something better)

Attachments

• DF43388B-AEA1-4FB0-B658-1F7015C949C8.jpg
      DF43388B-AEA1-4FB0-B658-1F7015C949C8.jpg
      71.7 KB · Views: 753
    • 0B8404B9-FAE9-4AA2-AE8F-3E85930C6561.jpg
      0B8404B9-FAE9-4AA2-AE8F-3E85930C6561.jpg
      53.4 KB · Views: 745
    Last edited:
    Feb 28, 2013
    Flat tops and free floats ain’t my cup of tea, but ain’t nuthin wrong with buildin yer first. :thumbsup:

Welcome to the club.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    They will multiply like Tribbles. Also the gratuitous foot needs to be in all firearm pics or it did not happen. :). Great job!!

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Flat tops and free floats ain’t my cup of tea, but ain’t nuthin wrong with buildin yer first.

Welcome to the club.
    It wasn't mine until I went thru a patrol rifle course. Unsupported standing and kneeling shooting with a bent left arm was tough. Shooting a free floating barrel with longer quad rails helped my accuracy substantially. Now, no sights and a cheap red dot... that's another story!

Nice build thou. Im quickly learning to love an easily modified and relatively cheap ammo rifle.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

18wheeler

Mar 16, 2019
    Perryville
    It wasn't mine until I went thru a patrol rifle course. Unsupported standing and kneeling shooting with a bent left arm was tough. Shooting a free floating barrel with longer quad rails helped my accuracy substantially. Now, no sights and a cheap red dot... that's another story!

Nice build thou. Im quickly learning to love an easily modified and relatively cheap ammo rifle.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It will be wearing UTG accu-sync irons and a AT3 RD-50 soon enough

Last edited:

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    Congrats. Your's looks nice. I built my first lower not that long ago and it felt great to make something with my hands. It was built as a pistol first for legal reason not that I understand how anyone would know.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    There are many rifles...this one is yours. Enjoy.

Sign up for a School of the American Rifle (SOTAR) class. You will be happy you did.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    There are many rifles...this one is yours. Enjoy.

Sign up for a School of the American Rifle (SOTAR) class. You will be happy you did.

I have never taken the class, but I was convinced to buy some head space gauges based on his forum posts. My first budget upper/BCG failed (though I lack experience and it could be my mistake.) Ordered an Aero Precision upper and bolt carrier group which passed and shot just fine. Thanks Clandestine.

I have heard nothing but good things about those classes here, I just don't have any first hand experience.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    Shooting a free floating barrel with longer quad rails helped my accuracy substantially. Now, no sights and a cheap red dot... that's another story!

It will be wearing UTG accu-sync irons and a AT3 RD-50 soon enough ��

Have you been able to try it out yet?

I wouldn't be so set on changes without doing so.
    I have/had some low/middle of the road scopes and red dots (EOTech, Vortex,Bushnell), and the actual red dots all look like a < to me...:o

Even my very affordable, often recommended TRS-25 looks like a chevron symbol. I just aim for the point of the arrow, LOL. :lol2:

The only red dot that doesn't do that for ME, is a $25 Center Point from Walmart...crystal clear dot is what I see...don't know if that's lucky, or a curse, lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom