Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Neighborhood > Washington D.C.
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old November 17th, 2020, 08:08 PM #181
Gone

Gone

"And yet the greatness that historians will not praise in individual men they praise in a people as a whole, exalting to the heavens the single-mindedness with which they defended their liberty" Machiavelli The Prince Book II
Cadet08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2020, 08:14 PM #182
Gone

Gone

"And yet the greatness that historians will not praise in individual men they praise in a people as a whole, exalting to the heavens the single-mindedness with which they defended their liberty" Machiavelli The Prince Book II
Cadet08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2020, 07:24 AM #183

I am concerned that this is all about fighting the last war. I think if you want to do something it would be send some lucre down to the two GOP senate races in Georgia.

Now sure, just like obituaries of famous people are pre-written by news agencies and larger news outlets, the stories on this protest were pre-written to lead with violence by the pro-Trump protesters, when in fact the only violence was, as usual by the Biden supporters. It shows just how much in the tank most of the media is that they published those prewritten stories as soon as there was violence without even correcting them to note the violence and provocation was all from the left.

Also the idea that Trump is doing anything Democrat candidates have not done post election is spurious and false. Gore was fighting in court for 60 days after the election. And just as Democrat bundlers and major donors were giving to Libertarians before the 2016 election sine they know that pulls 90% from otherwise GOP voters, lets not forget what the Democrats did after the 2016 elections, which is pour millions and millions into Green Party Jill Steins lawsuits to overturn results. They used Stein as a surrogate to try and appear not to be sore losers -- yet used her to have active suits right up until inauguration

But in my opinion the realistic fight is in Georgia and that is where our energy and funds need to go.
rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2020, 07:31 AM #184
Extinguished member

Extinguished member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StantonCree View Post
The video of that guy getting knocked out and stomped is hard to watch
Yeah it is.

Gotta ask...WHERE WAS MPD and WHY ARE THEY ACCUSED OF EITHER LOOKING THE OTHER WAY or worse, CHANNELING THE GOOD FOKKS TO THE BAD FOLKS?

I get that I dint have all the facts but with what I have to work with, DC MPD has some no shit explaining to do. At some point, blaming it on BOWSER is a very lame and UNSAT excuse.

Thanks in advance

Never forget I appreciate what you do on a daily basis. Iím also grateful for your contributions here.

Stay safe.

The more folks I meet, the more I like my dogs.

Those who would give up their freedom for security will end up with neither...
Alea Jacta Est is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2020, 05:17 PM #185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alea Jacta Est View Post
I get that I dint have all the facts but with what I have to work with, DC MPD has some no shit explaining to do.
Probably 99% of simple assaults' that occur at various poltical protests, or if Anitfa/BLM alone, during riots, in DC or elsewhere are not resulting in arrests including a huge number where cops are right there.

And it is poltical leadership such as Bowser, and the jurisdiction's AG, generally that is prescribing police response in terms of arrest thresholds, not the rank and file cops or the police leadership.

The cops don't want to get prosecuted, or even absent prosecution to be "doxed" (identified and people encouraged to harass or harm them) and have their family threatened, their spouse fired, their home picketed, for getting involved. We have already seen thousands of video clips taken out of context and eyewitnesses "lie" as we saw from the beginning in Ferguson.

In the new world of policing and "restorative justice" most crimes including violent ones are going to be subject to "diversion" (no prosecution or charges dropped) and cops are going to be at more and more risk just making an arrest.

People just don't understand large numbers. It is a country of 350 million people. A few dozen bad outcome arrests even undeserved is NOT something you judge the whole picture on. Especially since as we are releasing more criminals -- violent crime has been skyrocketing.
rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:52 PM #186
TV Personality

TV Personality

LOL, just received this via email from ShutdownDC.

Quote:
On November 14, supporters of Donald Trump invaded Washington, DC, attacking residents, refusing to wear masks or quarantine to prevent the spread of COVIDĖ19, and ripping down memorials to Black lives taken by police violence. It was an utter failure on the part of Mayor Bowser as well as the hotels and restaurants that hosted these Trump supporters.

Now the MAGA crowd is planning to return to DC on December 12 in yet another misguided attempt to claim that Trump really won the presidential election (no really, he did! Why won't anyone believe us?). COVID-19 cases are spiking here in Washington, DC and around the country. In the face of this public health emergency, DC authorities and hospitality establishments must not allow a gang of maskless people from out of town to run rampant through our city.

TODAY, we are calling on Mayor Bowser and the DC Council to take steps to prevent the spread of violence and disease by Trump supporters next weekend. We are demanding that they enforce the mask ordinance and shut down the hotels and businesses that allow Trump supporters from out of town to come to DC to spread their hate and COVID-19. Can you help?

Click this link to send an email to the DC Council and Mayor Bowser demanding that they enforce the mask ordinance.

Then, call Mayor Bowser, your Council Member, and at-large Council Members to reinforce the message. Use this call script:

Hello, my name is ________, I am a DC resident, and I live in Ward ____.
Iím calling to ask Councilmember _________/Mayor Bowser to prevent the spread of violence and disease by Trump supporters on the weekend of December the 12th.

As covid rates nationally surge to 200,000 new cases a day, DC must prioritize the health of its citizens. The impact on DC's covid rates from the flood of Trump supporters who disobeyed the covid ordinance over the weekend of November 14 is no doubt substantial. By not enforcing the mask ordinance, the city, including Mayor Bowser, was complicit in the spread of disease Ė not to mention violence Ė by these out-of-towners.

Can I count on Councilmember _______/Mayor Bowser to:
1. Enforce the mask ordinance over the weekend of December 12th.
2. Commit to shutting down businesses that continue to flout regulations.

We are working with a range of local allies to fight back against the MAGA crowd's visit. Check out https://DefendDC.org for more information. Emailing and calling the Council and Mayor is the first step in our fight. We will email later this week with next steps.

Please send the emails and make the calls today, and tell your friends! Amplify this action on social media by sharing our posts:
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram

In solidarity,
ShutDownDC

Mess with God's hour you get the Sig Sauer - Jack Wilson (probably)
Stoveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:54 PM #187
Recovering Lurker

Recovering Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoveman View Post
LOL, just received this via email from ShutdownDC.
I look forward to the next installment in their gripping new work of fiction!
Occam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:59 PM #188
Watch your beer

Watch your beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alea Jacta Est View Post
Yeah it is.

Gotta ask...WHERE WAS MPD and WHY ARE THEY ACCUSED OF EITHER LOOKING THE OTHER WAY or worse, CHANNELING THE GOOD FOKKS TO THE BAD FOLKS?

I get that I dint have all the facts but with what I have to work with, DC MPD has some no shit explaining to do. At some point, blaming it on BOWSER is a very lame and UNSAT excuse.

Thanks in advance

Never forget I appreciate what you do on a daily basis. Iím also grateful for your contributions here.

Stay safe.
Just so youíre aware both parties have been arrested i believe.

I didnít see this post until just now. I wanna say the guy was arrested that day but i donít know that for 100%
Old Yesterday, 02:10 PM #189
TV Personality

TV Personality

Quote:

I didnít see this post until just now. I wanna say the guy was arrested that day but i donít know that for 100%

The head stomp guy was arrested and IIRC he was a prohibited person carrying a firearm. Other video showed the stompee pushing and shoving some of the pukes prior to becoming stomped.

Mess with God's hour you get the Sig Sauer - Jack Wilson (probably)
Stoveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:42 PM #190
Extinguished member

Extinguished member

Quote:

Thanks big fella. I appreciate and your reply.

The more folks I meet, the more I like my dogs.

Those who would give up their freedom for security will end up with neither...
Alea Jacta Est is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > The Neighborhood > Washington D.C.