Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Topics of Interest > Training and Safety
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 21st, 2020, 08:52 AM #101
dink dink is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 51
dink dink is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 51
Pretty straightforward
dink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2020, 02:30 PM #102
Leeann's Avatar
Leeann Leeann is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Edgewater
Posts: 2,100
Leeann Leeann is offline
Senior Member
Leeann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Edgewater
Posts: 2,100
Cease fire means exactly that. It is not a request; it is a command to CEASE FIRE IMMEDIATELY, regardless of who called it.

Doesn’t matter what your opinion is or if you see no reason for the cease fire; you CEASE FIRE and make your weapons safe. Then you find out the reason for it.

Cold range is a request. Cease fire is a command. It’s simple.
__________________
NRA Member
MSI Member
NAGR Member
Leeann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2020, 02:47 PM #103
THier's Avatar
THier THier is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Muscleville
Posts: 4,027
THier THier is offline
Senior Member
THier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Muscleville
Posts: 4,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeann View Post
Cease fire means exactly that. It is not a request; it is a command to CEASE FIRE IMMEDIATELY, regardless of who called it.

Doesn’t matter what your opinion is or if you see no reason for the cease fire; you CEASE FIRE and make your weapons safe. Then you find out the reason for it.

Cold range is a request. Cease fire is a command. It’s simple.
This is where we differ. To me, "cold range" is a description, used AFTER a cease fire.
__________________
"I reject your reality and substitute my own"

People laugh at me because I am different,, I laugh 'cause they are all the same.

Life time NRA member
THier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2020, 04:23 PM #104
squaregrouper's Avatar
squaregrouper squaregrouper is online now
Registered Grendelophile
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Pikesville, Peoples Republik Of Marylandistan
Posts: 11,016
Images: 1
squaregrouper squaregrouper is online now
Registered Grendelophile
squaregrouper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Pikesville, Peoples Republik Of Marylandistan
Posts: 11,016
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGARMS View Post
OP: Thank you for articulating your concern in such detail. While there are always at least two sides to every story, there is absolutely no debating that at the AGC, everyone/anyone has the right to call a cease fire and to do it for any reason and that everyone is expected to abide by it. If there is a disagreement over the timing or frequency of cease fires solely to reset targets, then the badge holders should attempt to resolve it amongst themselves in an adult like manner.

At no time is it acceptable for anyone's demeanor to become abrasive, condescending, argumentative, or otherwise obtuse. If this ever happens, then it is the responsibility of the on duty RSO to intervene. In short, assholes have no place at the AGC and they need to be identified/removed. It doesn't even matter if they turn out to be on the right side of the argument.

Danb. I'm not sure what your issue is or why you feel the need to opine on all things AGC. As I understand it, you don't belong to an associated club, nor do you buy a range badge. Your opinions/comments about the AGC always seem to go against the grain, and never have an ounce of merit. You obviously have some sort of an axe to grind and/or are suffering from a mental disturbance in your own head. Either way, your behavior is pitiful and I pray that you are able to find peace one day; you clearly don't have it now. Until then, do yourself and everyone at the AGC a favor by not coming around. We don't need your kind to buy a range badge, participate in public trap, and especially not to be playing with real guns on the action shooting bays.
Gbender- I'm not sure if you're aware, but Megarms is a match director at AGC, which means he is pretty high on the food chain there. His comments above hold a lot of weight in my eyes.
Bottom line, just about everyone is on your side here and a lot of good discussion took place about range safety.
__________________
.
Nothing posted on this forum should be considered legal advice. If you are in need of legal advice, I advise you to seek your own counsel. Hell, I'm not even a lawyer, but this got your attention.
squaregrouper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2020, 04:27 PM #105
outrider58's Avatar
outrider58 outrider58 is offline
Goggle it Einstein
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 30,100
outrider58 outrider58 is offline
Goggle it Einstein
outrider58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 30,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by THier View Post
This is where we differ. To me, "cold range" is a description, used AFTER a cease fire.
When shooters are requesting a cold range, they communicate to all the other shooters "can we go cold?" or "we're going to go cold shortly" or something to that effect.
__________________
Any comments made by me are made with the intent to spur discussion only.
Proceed on your own accord...
outrider58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:18 PM #106
PJS PJS is offline
Heavy
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 125
PJS PJS is offline
Heavy
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 125
I'm a Buddhist, a Stoic, and believe in the NAP. And I would have had an internal moral struggle to keep me from hitting him in the ****ing teeth. People can get killed by assholes like that.
PJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:11 AM #107
daNattyFatty daNattyFatty is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bel Air, MD
Posts: 3,530
daNattyFatty daNattyFatty is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bel Air, MD
Posts: 3,530
Encounter at the AGC Pistol Range

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJS View Post
I'm a Buddhist, a Stoic, and believe in the NAP. And I would have had an internal moral struggle to keep me from hitting him in the ****ing teeth. People can get killed by assholes like that.


Yeah. I have been wanting to post that that c*cksucker should’ve been punched in the mouth, after it was clear that he was selfishly disregarding the cease fire.

Assholes should be treated as such.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
daNattyFatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:55 AM #108
travistheone's Avatar
travistheone travistheone is offline
Usual Suspect
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: cockeysville
Posts: 5,354
Images: 1
travistheone travistheone is offline
Usual Suspect
travistheone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: cockeysville
Posts: 5,354
Images: 1
For Chicken etc.
1 ˝ cup medium grain rice washed
4 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
4 chicken drumsticks
Olive oil
6 oz bulk Chorizo sausage no casings
1 large green bell pepper cored, chopped
1 medium red onion peeled, chopped
2 garlic cloves peeled, crushed
1 large ripe tomato chopped
3 tbsp tomato paste
3 cups chicken broth
For Spice Rub
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
˝ tsp cayenne pepper more or less to your liking (optional)
INSTRUCTIONS
Soak the rice in water. Rinse the rice well and place it in a bowl. Cover the rice with water and allow it to soak for 15 minutes while you work on other things. You should be able to break a grain of rice easily. Drain well.
Make the spice rub. In a small bowl, mix the spices, salt and pepper.
Season the chicken. Pat the chicken dry and season with the spice rub, be sure to lift the chicken skins and apply some of the spice rub underneath (this is important for flavor).
Brown the chicken on both sides. In a 5-quart braiser pan (or a large deep skillet with a cover), heat 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil over medium-high heat until shimmering but not smoking. Carefully add the chicken and brown deeply on both sides. Remove the chicken and set it aside on a plate for now.
Cook chorizo and vegetables. In the same pan, add the chorizo. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring regularly until the chorizo has nicely browned. Add the green peppers, onions, and garlic. Cook over medium heat, stirring regularly, for 5 minutes.
Cook the chicken. Now add the chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, and chicken broth. Add the browned chicken back to the pan. Raise the heat to bring the liquid to a boil, then lower to medium and cover. Cook for about 15 to 20 minutes.
Add the rice and cook the rice with the chicken. Uncover the pan and remove the chicken briefly (set on a dish near the stove for now). Stir the drained rice into the cooking liquid. Cook uncovered over high heat for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the chicken back on top of the rice. Turn the heat to low, cover the pan again and cook the rice and chicken together for another 20 minutes or until the rice is fully cooked.
Let the chicken and rice rest in the pan. Turn the heat off, but leave the pan covered and undisturbed for 10 more minutes. Serve hot.
travistheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:14 AM #109
rbird7282's Avatar
rbird7282 rbird7282 is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 10,197
rbird7282 rbird7282 is online now
Senior Member
rbird7282's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 10,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by travistheone View Post
For Chicken etc.
1 ˝ cup medium grain rice washed
4 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
4 chicken drumsticks
Olive oil
6 oz bulk Chorizo sausage no casings
1 large green bell pepper cored, chopped
1 medium red onion peeled, chopped
2 garlic cloves peeled, crushed
1 large ripe tomato chopped
3 tbsp tomato paste
3 cups chicken broth
For Spice Rub
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
˝ tsp cayenne pepper more or less to your liking (optional)
INSTRUCTIONS
Soak the rice in water. Rinse the rice well and place it in a bowl. Cover the rice with water and allow it to soak for 15 minutes while you work on other things. You should be able to break a grain of rice easily. Drain well.
Make the spice rub. In a small bowl, mix the spices, salt and pepper.
Season the chicken. Pat the chicken dry and season with the spice rub, be sure to lift the chicken skins and apply some of the spice rub underneath (this is important for flavor).
Brown the chicken on both sides. In a 5-quart braiser pan (or a large deep skillet with a cover), heat 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil over medium-high heat until shimmering but not smoking. Carefully add the chicken and brown deeply on both sides. Remove the chicken and set it aside on a plate for now.
Cook chorizo and vegetables. In the same pan, add the chorizo. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring regularly until the chorizo has nicely browned. Add the green peppers, onions, and garlic. Cook over medium heat, stirring regularly, for 5 minutes.
Cook the chicken. Now add the chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, and chicken broth. Add the browned chicken back to the pan. Raise the heat to bring the liquid to a boil, then lower to medium and cover. Cook for about 15 to 20 minutes.
Add the rice and cook the rice with the chicken. Uncover the pan and remove the chicken briefly (set on a dish near the stove for now). Stir the drained rice into the cooking liquid. Cook uncovered over high heat for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the chicken back on top of the rice. Turn the heat to low, cover the pan again and cook the rice and chicken together for another 20 minutes or until the rice is fully cooked.
Let the chicken and rice rest in the pan. Turn the heat off, but leave the pan covered and undisturbed for 10 more minutes. Serve hot.

Going out on a limb here but I think this is in the wrong thread. Sounds tasty though!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rbird7282 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:58 AM #110
ericoak's Avatar
ericoak ericoak is online now
don't drop Aboma on me
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Howard County
Posts: 6,349
ericoak ericoak is online now
don't drop Aboma on me
ericoak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Howard County
Posts: 6,349
Unless there is a safety concern, you should be asking to call a cease fire before calling a cease fire, IMO.
__________________
Too many people on the cart, not enough people pulling it.
ericoak is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Home Page > Forum List > Topics of Interest > Training and Safety


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 5 (4 members and 1 guests)
Brute, Inka, Shells, webb297
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2019, Congregate Media, LP Privacy Policy Terms of Service