Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Topics of Interest > Training and Safety
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old November 21st, 2020, 08:52 AM #101

Pretty straightforward
dink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2020, 02:30 PM #102

Cease fire means exactly that. It is not a request; it is a command to CEASE FIRE IMMEDIATELY, regardless of who called it.

Doesn’t matter what your opinion is or if you see no reason for the cease fire; you CEASE FIRE and make your weapons safe. Then you find out the reason for it.

Cold range is a request. Cease fire is a command. It’s simple.
Leeann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2020, 02:47 PM #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeann View Post
Cease fire means exactly that. It is not a request; it is a command to CEASE FIRE IMMEDIATELY, regardless of who called it.

Doesn’t matter what your opinion is or if you see no reason for the cease fire; you CEASE FIRE and make your weapons safe. Then you find out the reason for it.

Cold range is a request. Cease fire is a command. It’s simple.
This is where we differ. To me, "cold range" is a description, used AFTER a cease fire.

People laugh at me because I am different,, I laugh 'cause they are all the same.

Life time NRA member
THier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2020, 04:23 PM #104
Registered Grendelophile

Registered Grendelophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGARMS View Post
OP: Thank you for articulating your concern in such detail. While there are always at least two sides to every story, there is absolutely no debating that at the AGC, everyone/anyone has the right to call a cease fire and to do it for any reason and that everyone is expected to abide by it. If there is a disagreement over the timing or frequency of cease fires solely to reset targets, then the badge holders should attempt to resolve it amongst themselves in an adult like manner.

At no time is it acceptable for anyone's demeanor to become abrasive, condescending, argumentative, or otherwise obtuse. If this ever happens, then it is the responsibility of the on duty RSO to intervene. In short, assholes have no place at the AGC and they need to be identified/removed. It doesn't even matter if they turn out to be on the right side of the argument.

Danb. I'm not sure what your issue is or why you feel the need to opine on all things AGC. As I understand it, you don't belong to an associated club, nor do you buy a range badge. Your opinions/comments about the AGC always seem to go against the grain, and never have an ounce of merit. You obviously have some sort of an axe to grind and/or are suffering from a mental disturbance in your own head. Either way, your behavior is pitiful and I pray that you are able to find peace one day; you clearly don't have it now. Until then, do yourself and everyone at the AGC a favor by not coming around. We don't need your kind to buy a range badge, participate in public trap, and especially not to be playing with real guns on the action shooting bays.
Gbender- I'm not sure if you're aware, but Megarms is a match director at AGC, which means he is pretty high on the food chain there. His comments above hold a lot of weight in my eyes.
Bottom line, just about everyone is on your side here and a lot of good discussion took place about range safety.
Old November 21st, 2020, 04:27 PM #105
Goggle it Einstein

Goggle it Einstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by THier View Post
This is where we differ. To me, "cold range" is a description, used AFTER a cease fire.
When shooters are requesting a cold range, they communicate to all the other shooters "can we go cold?" or "we're going to go cold shortly" or something to that effect.
Old Yesterday, 08:18 PM #106
Heavy

Heavy

I'm a Buddhist, a Stoic, and believe in the NAP. And I would have had an internal moral struggle to keep me from hitting him in the ****ing teeth. People can get killed by assholes like that.
PJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:11 AM #107

Encounter at the AGC Pistol Range

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJS View Post
I'm a Buddhist, a Stoic, and believe in the NAP. And I would have had an internal moral struggle to keep me from hitting him in the ****ing teeth. People can get killed by assholes like that.

Yeah. I have been wanting to post that that c*cksucker should’ve been punched in the mouth, after it was clear that he was selfishly disregarding the cease fire.

Assholes should be treated as such.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
daNattyFatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:55 AM #108
Usual Suspect

Usual Suspect

For Chicken etc.
1 ˝ cup medium grain rice washed
4 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
4 chicken drumsticks
Olive oil
6 oz bulk Chorizo sausage no casings
1 large green bell pepper cored, chopped
1 medium red onion peeled, chopped
2 garlic cloves peeled, crushed
1 large ripe tomato chopped
3 tbsp tomato paste
3 cups chicken broth
For Spice Rub
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
˝ tsp cayenne pepper more or less to your liking (optional)
INSTRUCTIONS
Soak the rice in water. Rinse the rice well and place it in a bowl. Cover the rice with water and allow it to soak for 15 minutes while you work on other things. You should be able to break a grain of rice easily. Drain well.
Make the spice rub. In a small bowl, mix the spices, salt and pepper.
Season the chicken. Pat the chicken dry and season with the spice rub, be sure to lift the chicken skins and apply some of the spice rub underneath (this is important for flavor).
Brown the chicken on both sides. In a 5-quart braiser pan (or a large deep skillet with a cover), heat 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil over medium-high heat until shimmering but not smoking. Carefully add the chicken and brown deeply on both sides. Remove the chicken and set it aside on a plate for now.
Cook chorizo and vegetables. In the same pan, add the chorizo. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring regularly until the chorizo has nicely browned. Add the green peppers, onions, and garlic. Cook over medium heat, stirring regularly, for 5 minutes.
Cook the chicken. Now add the chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, and chicken broth. Add the browned chicken back to the pan. Raise the heat to bring the liquid to a boil, then lower to medium and cover. Cook for about 15 to 20 minutes.
Add the rice and cook the rice with the chicken. Uncover the pan and remove the chicken briefly (set on a dish near the stove for now). Stir the drained rice into the cooking liquid. Cook uncovered over high heat for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the chicken back on top of the rice. Turn the heat to low, cover the pan again and cook the rice and chicken together for another 20 minutes or until the rice is fully cooked.
Let the chicken and rice rest in the pan. Turn the heat off, but leave the pan covered and undisturbed for 10 more minutes. Serve hot.
travistheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:14 AM #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by travistheone View Post
For Chicken etc.
1 ˝ cup medium grain rice washed
4 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
4 chicken drumsticks
Olive oil
6 oz bulk Chorizo sausage no casings
1 large green bell pepper cored, chopped
1 medium red onion peeled, chopped
2 garlic cloves peeled, crushed
1 large ripe tomato chopped
3 tbsp tomato paste
3 cups chicken broth
For Spice Rub
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
˝ tsp cayenne pepper more or less to your liking (optional)
INSTRUCTIONS
Soak the rice in water. Rinse the rice well and place it in a bowl. Cover the rice with water and allow it to soak for 15 minutes while you work on other things. You should be able to break a grain of rice easily. Drain well.
Make the spice rub. In a small bowl, mix the spices, salt and pepper.
Season the chicken. Pat the chicken dry and season with the spice rub, be sure to lift the chicken skins and apply some of the spice rub underneath (this is important for flavor).
Brown the chicken on both sides. In a 5-quart braiser pan (or a large deep skillet with a cover), heat 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil over medium-high heat until shimmering but not smoking. Carefully add the chicken and brown deeply on both sides. Remove the chicken and set it aside on a plate for now.
Cook chorizo and vegetables. In the same pan, add the chorizo. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring regularly until the chorizo has nicely browned. Add the green peppers, onions, and garlic. Cook over medium heat, stirring regularly, for 5 minutes.
Cook the chicken. Now add the chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, and chicken broth. Add the browned chicken back to the pan. Raise the heat to bring the liquid to a boil, then lower to medium and cover. Cook for about 15 to 20 minutes.
Add the rice and cook the rice with the chicken. Uncover the pan and remove the chicken briefly (set on a dish near the stove for now). Stir the drained rice into the cooking liquid. Cook uncovered over high heat for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the chicken back on top of the rice. Turn the heat to low, cover the pan again and cook the rice and chicken together for another 20 minutes or until the rice is fully cooked.
Let the chicken and rice rest in the pan. Turn the heat off, but leave the pan covered and undisturbed for 10 more minutes. Serve hot.

Going out on a limb here but I think this is in the wrong thread. Sounds tasty though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rbird7282 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:58 AM #110
don't drop Aboma on me

don't drop Aboma on me

Unless there is a safety concern, you should be asking to call a cease fire before calling a cease fire, IMO.

Home Page > Forum List > Topics of Interest > Training and Safety