• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Sometimes newer is better, sometimes it's not. What do I get with the CZ 457? Is the 455 better made? A lot of gun makers keep cutting corners with newer models.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I have two 550 rifles and think highly of them. I do agree a 60 degree bolt throw should be an improvement. Having several Colt/Sauer and Weatherby rifles with 60 degree throws you get spoiled. The change will give CZ a step up over much of the competition.

bbradshaw21

Jun 14, 2016
    Pikesville
    like you said, 60 degree bolt throw, shorter and lighter action, supposedly improved trigger that is user adjustable for creep, pull weight and slack, improved bottom metal, improved firing pin and if you want to spring for the MTR a "match" chamber or if you really like to spend money the VPT has a brand new carbon fiber stock from Manners Composite stocks that is based on their PRS 1 centerfire stock.

Personally, I'm waiting for the VPT to show up around here so I can go throw my money at it. If you really want some in depth info on it, head over to Snipers Hide in the rimfire section. there is a giant thread dedicated to it.

Also a whole CZ subsection at rimfire central but those guys really seem to be down on this model for whatever reason

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I put a Midway BSA Tactical on my 455 VPT. Not bad for the money, when on sale. AFAIK, it is the same scope as the Mueller and the Primary Arms.

60 degree bolt throw would be nice, but I already put a Timney trigger and a Lilja barrel (Sniper's Hide group buy) on my 455. :D

Coohound8

Jan 23, 2020
    I have one of the bushnell rimfire 6-18x40s on my 455 and really like it. Bought it years ago and it's always tracked true and glass is clear.

Bugthor

Oct 27, 2018
    Aberdeen Area
    I picked up a 457 a few months ago, for the money the fit and finish is excellent. I don't see them remaining at that price point too much longer. The fact that the 455 barrels interchange is great. I put a Vortex on mine and am very pleased with the performance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom