• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    I inherited a BUNCH of reloading stuff a while back and while i'm greatful for the hardware i'm finding there are better solutions that also dont break the bank.

I'm not ready to go ultra sonic, wet media blah blah blah. Maybe in time. What i HAVE tried though was just a dry media tumbler that i inherited. It started with walnut. That worked.. i tried some clay mix or something.. it wasn't bad but left the brass with a red ish "hue" when they were cleaned. then i would have to wash them, dry them etc etc..

i just tried some CORN media. Does a great job, doesn't leave a hue/film etc etc.

What's YOUR favorite DRY media tumbler, why and how often do you change it? I'm thinking i should change the bin more than once ever 4 years... just a guess..

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Fine grain corncob media and whatever brass polish is on sale.

I've used Dillon, Flitz, Frankford Arsenal and a couple others. They all work good.

I like the fine grain media since it doesn't clog the primer pocket. I don't really have an interval for changing it
    I guess I just do it when it seems real nasty.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I use corn cob, and have for MANY years.

For most use, I use pet bedding from PetSmart. It is a bit coarse, so I cannot use it with 5.56 cases, as it gets stuck inside. For that, I use Lyman Corn Cob media. It is much smaller pieces.

I use mainly Dillon polish, but also use Lymann Turbo polish.

cstone

Dec 12, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    Lizard bedding from the pet store. I often leave the tumbler running for 12 or more hours. I want the brass clean. I don't care if it shines. I never could get shiny brass to shoot more accurately than clean brass, and I tried numerous times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom