• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MossPumper

MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2020
    VA (Western)
    Congrats on your first build! Did you do the entire build?
    Thank you, yes it is my first AR Pistol build.
    I own many guns. I never built one . I have a old Colt M4 that I love so I figured I would have some fun and build a new model.. As the firearm sits now..

Attachments

• 15906266180597617737999317045643.jpg
      15906266180597617737999317045643.jpg
      95.9 KB · Views: 244

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Also, there is also a 99.5% chance this rifle wont blow up when you pull the trigger. There is also a 99.5% chance you will live through coronavirus. Many people, I dare say most, build it and then go shoot it. A barrel from a reputable manufacturer (Noveske?) will properly headspace 99.5% of the time. That 0.5% of the time is a real bitch.

You cannot get a vaccine for coronavirus, so that 0.5% has people wearing masks and staying inside. For improper headspace in a rifle, you can get headspace gauges and learn to use them. Only you can decide your level of risk.

MossPumper

MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2020
    VA (Western)
    Also, there is also a 99.5% chance this rifle wont blow up when you pull the trigger. There is also a 99.5% chance you will live through coronavirus. Many people, I dare say most, build it and then go shoot it. A barrel from a reputable manufacturer (Noveske?) will properly headspace 99.5% of the time. That 0.5% of the time is a real bitch.

You cannot get a vaccine for coronavirus, so that 0.5% has people wearing masks and staying inside. For improper headspace in a rifle, you can get headspace gauges and learn to use them. Only you can decide your level of risk.

The upper receiver is a Daniel Defense.

MossPumper

MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2020
    VA (Western)
    You are answering a question I did not ask. Still, in the OP you say that "Upper Combo( Tiger Rock)" but then "Barrell( 10.5 inch 5.56. ,1.7 CrMov)" What part is Daniel Defense, exactly?? I think I misunderstood post #46. who made the barrel?

Your correct. I threw on the Daniel Upper just to play with this evening. The upper that I am building is still in construction. I have to order the correct length of gas tube.
    I purchased a gas tube for a 7 inch barrell and not a 10.5 inch barrell.

grimnar15

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 21, 2019
    Thank you, yes it is my first AR Pistol build.
    I own many guns. I never built one . I have a old Colt M4 that I love so I figured I would have some fun and build a new model.. As the firearm sits now..

How did it go with gas block install?

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    You’re correct. I threw on the Daniel Upper just to play with this evening. The upper that I am building is still in construction. I have to order the correct length of gas tube.
    I purchased a gas tube for a 7 inch barrel and not a 10.5 inch barrel.

FIFY

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I'm not familiar....what's a Colt M5?

The Colt M5 Enhanced Carbine features a completely redesigned lower receiver with fully ambidextrous controls and a 6-posrtion receiver extension adaptable to any sized shooter and bilateral shooting style. With maximum performance and ergonomics at the forefront of the design considerations.

The Colt M5 Enhanced Carbine has a low profile gas block in a carbine length gas system and a free float modular rail system, maximizing rail real estate, comfort, weight and accuracy, while at the same time, maintaining the same lethality and accuracy expected from a Colt.

The Colt M5 uses a conventional short-stroke tappet piston where a two piece piston/ operating rod strikes the face of the bolt carrier group driving it rearward and the piston rod returns to its forward position by a spring.

The barrel itself has had some redesign work on it as well though still utilizing the standard M4 feed ramps on the barrel extension. There are modifications of the chamber area of the barrel and the changes further ventilate gas and helps with air circulation by drawing heat out of the receiver and out the handguards.

The M5 Enhanced Carbine is truly the next step in a long legacy of Colt high performance assault weapons.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/10/22/colt-m5-enhanced-carbine-introduced-bidec/

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom