Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Apply some heat, take a torch to it :innocent0

Then you can go buy a new 1911 :D

Nov 2, 2010
    Waldorf, MD
    Oh and the dremel was just to get to the top of the bushing notches (depending on the bushings installed) They also make easyouts that could help if you filed the screw flat and used a small center punch in the center of the screw and very slowly use the easyout. Or final thought take the grip totally off and remove the bushing with vise grips and replace both parts together. If you can get the other scew out without breaking it.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Apply some heat, take a torch to it :innocent0

Then you can go buy a new 1911 :D

i do have torch lighter.. i will use if i have to.. :lol2:

Oh and the dremel was just to get to the top of the bushing notches (depending on the bushings installed) They also make easyouts that could help if you filed the screw flat and used a small center punch in the center of the screw and very slowly use the easyout. Or final thought take the grip totally off and remove the bushing with vise grips and replace both parts together. If you can get the other scew out without breaking it.

i do have a drill press.. i can use the drill and slowly drill a smaller hole and try to screw a smaller screw to it.. but i think the safe way is removing the bushing totally without messing it up.. :thumbsup:

or i can just use jackhammer.. hahaha..

i can use duct tape to put on the new grip.. lmao
    duct-tape.jpg

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    if you are going to drill make sure you file the screw flat and put a small divet in the top with a small punch so your drill does not wander on you. GL

i'll take a pic of it when i get home.. its weird how it broke.

a hex screw.. it came apart at the very end of the thread.. i assume who ever did the screw must have stamp the hex hole deeper than it needs to be.. you can see through the screwhead.. :lol2:

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    The hex screws are the ones which usually break that way. They make left hand twist drill bits. Sometimes just drill them will get them out. Yours brome becuse of a flaw not because it was bottomed out and over torques, so it should come out with not too much of a problem.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    The hex screws are the ones which usually break that way. They make left hand twist drill bits. Sometimes just drill them will get them out. Yours brome becuse of a flaw not because it was bottomed out and over torques, so it should come out with not too much of a problem.

thats what i figure.. its a little snug when i took off the other 3 and the bit didnt go in as deep.. :thumbsup:

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I want to thank jmira. He pm'd me after he saw the thread last night.

He just gave me replacement screw and bushing while im on a smoke break. :)

I owe you a lunch J!
    tu5y8a3y.jpg

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    We should go out to lunch when I visit my new office in Lanham. ( Near the Lottery office)

Now you need a set of these

Attachments

• molon labe1.jpg
      molon labe1.jpg
      71.2 KB · Views: 54

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    We should go out to lunch when I visit my new office in Lanham. ( Near the Lottery office)

Now you need a set of these

i bought a hogue grip yesterday from bass pro (the two hundred dollar store).. but that one looks nice!! may get it for the hell of it!

lunch.. anytime!! there is a nice filipino takeout place near by!! inah's place.. next to jerry's seafood and subway. :D

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    You are actually replacing that awesome set of wood grips with hogue rubber grips?

That's what I call karma, you Sir have offended the gun Gods. Repent before you have a reloading accident!!!!!!!!

lol

yeah.. trying something.. its make the grip better actually..

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    hmm.. would it fit my gorilla hands? :lol2:

was that the one you had on that you let me shoot? (just cant remember).

I don't own Mammoth Ivory grips yet, the pups might buy them for me as a Christmas Present.

Gorilla, you might be onto something! You do not need any new bushing, just gorilla glue the grip to the frame :D

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I don't own Mammoth Ivory grips yet, the pups might buy them for me as a Christmas Present.

Gorilla, you might be onto something! You do not need any new bushing, just gorilla glue the grip to the frame :D

that actually came to mind... i have the 3 screws back in.. not the fourth
    (lower left side of the grip). since its snug fit and one piece.. just glue to top of the 4th one for the look.. :lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom