• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldsarge

Old & Crusty
    Jan 14, 2009
    Calvert County
    Would have thought that when the state built that new north bound bridge in the late 80's, they would have placed it at the same level as the south bound bridge. They put it at least 6 feet lower! The old steel bridge was higher than that. Love state engineers and their proper planning.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Would have thought that when the state built that new north bound bridge in the late 80's, they would have placed it at the same level as the south bound bridge. They put it at least 6 feet lower! The old steel bridge was higher than that. Love state engineers and their proper planning.

is it really 6' lower? thats crazy... now we'll see if they need fix it after this storm.

somddude

Has a big Member
    Mar 14, 2010
    Brandywine, Marylandistan
    With rt 4 north closed, my way out of the county this afternoon was 231. Then I hear on the radio that there was a major accident on the Benedict bridge, closed for many hours. That then leaves only 2 major routes out of the county, rt 4 south to St. Mary's, or Route 2 north to Annapolis.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    With rt 4 north closed, my way out of the county this afternoon was 231. Then I hear on the radio that there was a major accident on the Benedict bridge, closed for many hours. That then leaves only 2 major routes out of the county, rt 4 south to St. Mary's, or Route 2 north to Annapolis.

exactly.. welcome to calvert county! ;)

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    I have not been to work since Wednesday I have been reloading every empty piece of brass I have to fill. :D This is my only way out I live in the back part of Clifton on the Potomac and we have no water the main is at the bottom of that hole :sad20:

Whoah. That's a slight inconvenience.:sad20:

If you need food, water and supplies, I can meet you and drop some off at the end of your street.:thumbsup:

AC MkIII

Feb 18, 2011
    Calvert
    exactly.. welcome to calvert county! ;)

That is actually in Anne Arundel County and Rt 4 is the SHA responsibility and there are plenty of ways around that road out of Culvert Canty. I work in DC and had a relaxing 3 hour ride on the bus into work yesterday.:rolleyes: Road and car was still flooded and there on the way home. :D

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    That is actually in Anne Arundel County and Rt 4 is the SHA responsibility and there are plenty of ways around that road out of Culvert Canty. I work in DC and had a relaxing 3 hour ride on the bus into work yesterday.:rolleyes: Road and car was still flooded and there on the way home. :D

3 hours thursday for me... probably would have taken me longer yesterday if i did go to work... route 2 was standing still at dunkirk area so i went back home..

heard its finally cleared today.. and its open for traffic again..

AC MkIII

Feb 18, 2011
    Calvert
    3 hours thursday for me... probably would have taken me longer yesterday if i did go to work... route 2 was standing still at dunkirk area so i went back home..

heard its finally cleared today.. and its open for traffic again..

You should have left for work earlier.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom