hunting season is almost here.. where to get deer corns??

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    just bought new feeder (just in case my old one that i left at our hunting property is stolen.. lol). i'm looking for some deer corn to fill it/them up. do you know any place in SoMD (Calvert and La Plata area or close to it) that sells them? (that are open during the weekends).

walmart wanted $9 for a bag.. :tdown:

TIA:D

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I'm paying less than 5 bucks for 40lbs but im not exactly close by. If you ever drive up to silver spring PM and I'd shoot you the location.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    :thumbsup: will google them for locations.

Check out some local farms down there. They should have feed corn to sell by the ton-cheap. Mix a little Southern States molasses corn in and stand back or be trampled :thumbsup:
    I put just a tiny bit out before going out of town and the wife called the next morning to say we had 20+ Turkeys in the back yard tearing it up ;)

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Check out some local farms down there. They should have feed corn to sell by the ton-cheap. Mix a little Southern States molasses corn in and stand back or be trampled :thumbsup:
    I put just a tiny bit out before going out of town and the wife called the next morning to say we had 20+ Turkeys in the back yard tearing it up ;)

thats my luck.. last year and the year before.. i've seen more turkey than deer at my treestand..:sad20::o

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    shoot away bro.......and it's funny this got posted because today I had two of my detectives call me and ask me the same thing.

adjusterr

Mar 28, 2011
    Indian Springs, Western MD
    deer corn

Check Feed Dealers in the yellow pages. Wherever you buy it, check the corn for a high concentration of cob pieces, they don't feed well and jam your feeder. I sometimes am lucky enough to see a farmer in the process of picking corn. If you are lucky, you can buy a pickup load righ from the field. In my case, I waited until the bulk truck was full and the farmer simply moved the discharge chute to my truck and bingo I had a load of corn, cheap. Of course you will need some bags or drums to store it. Good luck with your corn hunting.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    So I went today to the place I mentioned (those who PMed me you will be getting one here shortly) and I got 180 (approximately cuz the scale measures in 20lbs) of corn for 25 bucks. It's currently .14 cents for a Lb of corn at my spot. Way better than the 10 bucks for a 40 lb bag and bass pro and other retailers.

Sportstud4891

Resident SMIB
    Jun 7, 2011
    Chuck County
    I usually get it from the Amish at Stauffer's Feed Mill down rt. 5 on the left hand side. It's just past accurate guns and ammo. They aren't open on sundays though. It used to be $10 a 100 lb bag. Haven't bought it yet this year

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom