• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    We're all big boys and girls here. We have to speak freely on the subject of activism because too much is at stake.

You say "the Anti's always win when we eat our own". No, the Anti's always win when we don't meet them head on in the media age we are in NOW.

Anti's are not hurting us by writing letters demanding that guns be restricted or confiscated. They are passing FSA2013 BS laws by funding pressure groups, collecting money, and paying union lackeys to give their members days off to demonstrate in Annapolis.

Continuing to reminisce fondly about letters sent to politicians diverts energy and focus, especially for those new to the fight. This is 2017--we can no longer just bring pens & paper to a fist fight.

The new activism is Facebook campaigns, Twitter posts, viral pickups, dot.com pushback and public demonstrations that attract media attention.

The new activism doesn't actually take more time, but it takes more commitment, courage, dedication and follow-through than hitting the send button from the comfort of home.

Sure, write all the letters you want, before you head out the door to a meeting, a demo, a sign event or a donor event with your checkbook. We simply must do more to meet the activism level of the gun haters and cease the self-satisfied salutes to the pen & paper days.

true story, most of us are all big boys and girls here, and you make great points. I just don't like to see any of us divided but I suppose thus is life and we will all power through it :thumbsup:

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Let me try it this way: serious 2A activism, say one hour every two weeks, should be OUTSIDE the home FIRST, then letter-writing second.

I don't have much patience with people who leave their home 7 days a week to work, exercise, dine out and socialize, then say then can't muster up for 2A with the Best People In The World.

As long as I have a Patriot with artificial legs standing to one side of me, with a Patriot on the other side of me with heart issues ..I am not accepting "can't make it" nonsense.

Last edited:

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    true story, most of us are all big boys and girls here, and you make great points. I just don't like to see any of us divided but I suppose thus is life and we will all power through it :thumbsup:

Who is divided? Anyone on this board, state or region is welcome to come out to the next PP event or any other activity which supports the 2A. If someone on this thread has some butthurt for being called out for spinning very short tall tales that is on them.

Kind of like your buddy boasting about banging the stripper, you know it's not true but you still invite him to the club the next time you go...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom