• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I see no change in the position of the BATF in this letter. There has been many pistols manufactured with a butt stock additions. All of these pistols are still considered pistols. A pistol is still a pistol even if it's fired from the shoulder.

I see the letter as documenting the making of a pistol from a rifle as illegal. The Sig brace can in fact be used to shoot from the shoulder, but is manufactured to help aid someone to shoot an AR15 as a pistol. Thus making it a legal devise.

Jim Smith

Boar13A

Nov 19, 2014
    If the ATF tries to make this "illegal" what about all the glocks with stocks and the kits that allow you to shoulder just a plain ole glock... Just a thought. I don't think they hold weight. How can the ATF tell me how to shoot any gun.. Especially after they made is legal. . Just a thought.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    If the ATF tries to make this "illegal" what about all the glocks with stocks and the kits that allow you to shoulder just a plain ole glock... Just a thought. I don't think they hold weight. How can the ATF tell me how to shoot any gun.. Especially after they made is legal. . Just a thought.

I thought those Glock stocks were illegal unless you made your Glock a SBR.

Boar13A

Nov 19, 2014
    Oh well in that case I guess I have no idea... I didn't think so but I could be way wrong I guess!

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    What about the stock on the old Colt revolver? Didn't the broom handle mauser also come with a buttstock/holster too? I'm sure there are others too. These have always been considered handguns/pistols even with this adaptation.

Jim Smith

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    The only Glocks with shoulder stocks that are legal without an NFA tax stamp are one that have a legal length rifle barrel that couples to the Glock frame.

Jul 1, 2012
    What about the stock on the old Colt revolver? Didn't the broom handle mauser also come with a buttstock/holster too? I'm sure there are others too. These have always been considered handguns/pistols even with this adaptation.

Jim Smith

Those were originally Class III until removed by request. Same with Luger, Star A, Astra 900, Browning HP, etc. - all were Class III but ok now only if with an ORIGINAL stock.
    Repros don't count and in theory leave it class III while the non-original stock is actually attached.
    You have to look it up in the ATF-5300-11 (Section III) and updates, 50 year rule doesn't count.

That's the way I understand it anyway.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    Those were originally Class III until removed by request. Same with Luger, Star A, Astra 900, Browning HP, etc. - all were Class III but ok now only if with an ORIGINAL stock.
    Repros don't count and in theory leave it class III while the non-original stock is actually attached.
    You have to look it up in the ATF-5300-11 (Section III) and updates, 50 year rule doesn't count.

That's the way I understand it anyway.

I found an ATF letter online that seems to imply exact dimension repros for the holster stocks for specific Lugers, broomhandles and Hi-Powers are not Class III but it wasn't 100% clear. It also mentioned repro Ideal wire type stocks for commercial Lugers are Class III. I need to do more digging.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Again, I say quit writing letters to your keepers "asking" for clarification (permission) to do things that are guaranteed in the BOR. If anyone wants to sell me your braces, I'm a buyer all day long at $75. Better get those dangerous things out of your house ASAP. Also, since it's just a matter of time until some other ******* writes a letter questioning the use of bumpfire stocks, I'm also buying them for $75.

c4snipar

Ultimate Member
    Jul 21, 2014
    Montgomery County, MD
    Again, I say quit writing letters to your keepers "asking" for clarification (permission) to do things that are guaranteed in the BOR. If anyone wants to sell me your braces, I'm a buyer all day long at $75. Better get those dangerous things out of your house ASAP. Also, since it's just a matter of time until some other ******* writes a letter questioning the use of bumpfire stocks, I'm also buying them for $75.

When the bump fire device came out years ago, I kind of see that ATF will find their ways to make it illegal, but they didn't :) Then now, that arm brace, idiots are like kids asking permission to eat those candies that they were told its ok to eat them! Thanks a lot to those assh@!le who sent the letters!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom