• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • g_mars

Mar 22, 2013
    So I'm taking a buddy shopping for his first firearm this week. He lives in Federal Hill & recently had a kid, started thinking he wants a something for home defense & I recommended a something like an 870.

Any recommendations on a good store nearby? I could take him to bass pro, but if there's a better option, or a place with good deals, I'm all ears. I'm not super familiar with options in that area.

Last edited:

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Whew. I thought that this thread was about going shopping with a shotgun, not for one.

How far are you willing to travel? I see some excellent deals on some gently used ones which IPs here are selling, but you might have to travel a bit.

g_mars

Mar 22, 2013
    Awesome, thanks everyone.

Not sure how far he wants to travel, but I think keeping it fairly close and easy can't hurt. I'll do some looking & get him set up.

Oddway Otts

Mar 17, 2008
    Harford County
    For the entry level shotgun (pricewise). I think Walmart has the best prices on the standards, like Mavericks, NEFs, Mossberg 500s, and 870s. Although the stock is very limited (meaning you won't usually find all four to compare) and, most importantly, many Walmarts do not carry guns. You might have to travel a bit to find one, but you can always call first. Next, pricewise, but usually with a very good selection, is Dick's Sporting Goods. There are a lot of them around (outside of the city) and the selection is usually good. I've bought from both stores and been happy. On the other hand, my son-in-law bought his first shotgun from Bass Pro some time ago, and he was not very happy with the advice, the, selection and, as he later found out, the price. Good luck & happy hunting

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    A&D pawn on Crain hwy. Near 8th avenue/Brown's used car lot/ directly across from HP racing. They have a nice selection of new shotguns there. Closed on Sunday & Tuesday. Had three 870's on the wall last week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom