• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    So i got bored and started reloading 9mm.. i have 2 boxes of winchester primers which i have not used before. loaded my hornady l-n-l and begin to reload. every time i pull, notice the primer drop/slide(what ever you call that part) keeps getting stuck. it wont release and i have to loosen the tube holder and wiggle the sliding part to bring back to normal position to prime. :mad54:

i replaced it w/ cci primers and it worked flawlessly. wth.. does anybody have same issue w/ wsp primers on any other progressive reloaders or just me?

Fustercluck

Aug 4, 2008
    Eastern Shore
    No, never had that problem with Winchester primers. Make sure they are not large pistol primers.

Edit- I'm sure you knew they were not large pistol primers, otherwise they would not have gone into the primer pocket. I have used all brands of sp and lp primers and have never had a problem with WSP. In fact, I prefer them in 9mm, because they are softer more consistently ignite with striker-fired guns like my Glocks and M&P.

Last edited:

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    checked.. and double check.. some odd reasons it doesnt like the wsp.. had to prime manually using handheld primer.. just have to stick w/ cci for now on my l-n-l.

thanks gents..

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    I use both Winchester and CCI in my Lee Loadmaster and Lee Pro 1000, no problems from either one. I'm not sure what the primer system is like on the LNL, but be sure that it's clean and free of oil and debris, if you haven't already checked that.

MH

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom