• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    The "calendar" was not acted upon, so they are apparently holding it for potential Sine Die shenanigans tomorrow.

Some things I miss, some things I don't...

This is one of the latter...

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Can't wait to transfer out of this chicken-shit state.

My plans to leave have condensed to two-three years.

It will not matter what state you move to unless that state secedes from the totalitarian machine that our country is quickly becoming. Such states will limit entry when that happens, because most Americans will want to move there. Will 2-3 years be too late?

SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    Has there ever been a state more eager to give away its individual rights? Disgusting! Can't wait to transfer out of this chicken-shit state.

I'm with you. As soon as I get the go from my work I don't expect to be in this state 12 months from now. I fully intend to regain my rights elsewhere and deprive Maryland of our taxes to boot.

Matt

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    Has there ever been a state more eager to give away its individual rights? Disgusting! Can't wait to transfer out of this chicken-shit state.

DO IT! When you cross the border you start to relax, even if you have a 12 hour drive ahead of you. The first morning you wake up in your new home and realize the escape was successful the relief is on the order of taking a 20 pound dump after years of constipation.

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    North of Baltimore County
    It will not matter what state you move to unless that state secedes from the totalitarian machine that our country is quickly becoming. Such states will limit entry when that happens, because most Americans will want to move there. Will 2-3 years be too late?
    I intend to stay here and fight these laws as long as humanly possible. In addition, I have many ties here that will take time to negotiate - family, friends, job.

Job is mostly remote now and I should be able to negotiate working from another state fairly easily.

Everything else is rough though. Trying to convince family to move with us. Siblings who need assistance with college/housing.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I intend to stay here and fight these laws as long as humanly possible. In addition, I have many ties here that will take time to negotiate - family, friends, job.

Job is mostly remote now and I should be able to negotiate working from another state fairly easily.

Everything else is rough though. Trying to convince family to move with us. Siblings who need assistance with college/housing.

Delmarva is a good choice. Isolated and with enough agriculture to sustain the inhabitants. We just need to blow the bridges and build a wall up north.

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    Delmarva is a good choice. Isolated and with enough agriculture to sustain the inhabitants. We just need to blow the bridges and build a wall up north.

One problem, still have Delaware. If their drivers aren’t enough to drive you nuts, their total lack of any notion of land use forethought will.

Nine hours until our rights are relatively safe from Annapolis again. Can’t wait to see what BS they try to crush us with...

Malleovic

Apr 21, 2017
    Maryland
    UPDATE:

The house adjourned without dealing with Special Order Calendar 91 (containing and only containing the bill we are concerned with in this thread). Either by default or through deliberate passing-over it fell onto the next agenda (Session 2), which starts at 6:30 p.m.

I hesitate to even type out this next bit, but earlier today I got word from a source that the bill is dead for this year. We'll see what actually happens. There is still lots of sine die left.

I would recommend that nobody let up on pressuring legislators against this bill.

Malleovic

Apr 21, 2017
    Maryland
    UPDATE:

The House adjourned again without dealing with Special Order Calendar 91 (and therefore SB190). It's fallen into Session 3 which was supposed to start at 8:50 p.m.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    Hope i am watching the right livestream. They just voted to pass HB16.... non related immigration bill. Watching the House Floor livestream on MDGA website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom