are government employees no longer equal to citizens?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Can I ask a rational question.... why does EVERY federal agency need an armed law enforcement division. Why cant the IRS, DOE, NOAA, etc., etc. turn over their findings to a single federal enforcement agency. Same with security... GSA or whomever could be a single agency for security at all civilian agency facilities.

Because the President ordered in 1986 that each Agency was responsible for their own support functions. Started my .gov career in 1983 with General Services Administration Federal Protective Service providing security at a facility on Fort Meade.....later that year accepted a position as an Electrician's Apprentice (nice raise!!) with GSA supporting the same facility. In December of 1986, became an employee of that Agency when the entire GSA staff "rolled over" under this order.

BTW - The Police Force is many times larger than it was in 1986....and most of the building maintenance functions are now contractors.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I'm just glad I didn't ever grenade a "revolver" round by putting it in a pistol. Learn something new each day.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    The one that I don't understand is the FBI Police.

Department of redundancy department or do the police really need their own police? :shrug:

The FBI police are the ones that provide security at their buildings although generally agencies that have facilities away from WDC use armed rent-a-cops, the majority of who are ex-Mil or ex-LEOs themselves.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Can anyone tell me what the hell fully automatic firearms rounds are?

Are they different from fully semi-automatic firearms rounds?

Do they not require a firearm?

Actually in NATO, 9mm SMG rounds are hotter than +P+ 9mm pistols rounds. They are practically Major Power Factor rounds. I have around 750 of them, at 161 PF, in my ammo collection. They are right about equal to .357Sig rounds within a smidgen difference (161 vs. 165). I won't shoot them out of my 9mm PCC however. I could shoot them out of my DW 1911 if I replace the recoil assembly with the one for my 9x23mm barrel. Or my G34 if I put in the comped barrel with a slight upgrade in the recoil spring.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I used to have a case of Swedish made 9mm ammunition marked for submachine gun use only. That stuff was loaded hot! I used it in an Uzi I owned at the time. You could tell the difference between that and standard 9mm ammo when shooting it.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    In other news .Mil has enough firepower to erase all of us. Yet no frets when they order a few hundred Tomahawks or millions of .50 cal rounds.

How about a dozens of tanks?

Yup....

Again....it must be awful getting through your day.

.mil may have the firepower, but tyrants in multiple countries have learned that this firepower is wielded by individual soldiers, whom don't always choose to act when the barrel is pointed at their own family and neighbors.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Can I ask a rational question.... why does EVERY federal agency need an armed law enforcement division. Why cant the IRS, DOE, NOAA, etc., etc. turn over their findings to a single federal enforcement agency. Same with security... GSA or whomever could be a single agency for security at all civilian agency facilities.

Some could, others not. Much depends on what, where, and how often they do what they do. The laws they enforce. Look at the FBI Police Force they aren't FBI agents. They are not trained the same way, they don't have the same job.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Wait, you are saying that the government has constructed a bunch of siloed agents precisely to avoid the appearance of a giant police force? Doesnt the conspiracy to avoid the appearance of a conspiracy prove the conspiracy??

All this time I simply thought that the government was incompetent and wasted a lot of money.

There is no conspiracy, these individuals have different jurisdictions, different missions, enforce different laws and agreements.

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    Just seeing this now. So the question is with HHS and having so many firearms, ammo, etc. They actually come out to my site to qualify and I was curious so I asked about it. One of the agents told me that one of the biggest culprits of Medicare fraud is organized crime, in particular the Russian mafia.

As far as how many weapons vs how many people they employ, last I heard they were short staffed but you always have more guns on hand than you actually have officers/agents. Guns go down and have to get fixed, recruits need weapons, some agencies authorize a duty and off duty weapon, etc. In regards to Ammo, the government always buys in bulk and its generally only once a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom