• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Onwrd Farm

Ultimate Member
    Feb 17, 2013
    Carroll County
    Over the course of the last few days there has been a big surge of coyote sighting around New Windsor. Mainly by the new Lehigh quarry area. We are taking extra precautions with our critters.

Just an FYI to anyone in the area.

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    Over the course of the last few days there has been a big surge of coyote sighting around New Windsor. Mainly by the new Lehigh quarry area. We are taking extra precautions with our critters.

I am on the Dennings Road section off New Windsor (Jordans Retreat) and have seen them at twilight at distance and also on my homes external cameras at night. I walk my dog on the property evenings carrying my CZ P-07 pistol.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I am halfway between Westminster and New Windsor. They come down my way, I am going to go Meep Beep on them.
    My neighbor said he saw one out our way last summer, and my son runs around outside. I was on watch for them then. We did have a rabid fox though, so kept the little ones in for a while.

artbart1

Mar 13, 2017
    Carroll County, MD

Did it look anything like this? I *believe* this is a coyote, saw it in my back yard this summer in westminster. Haven't seen anything like it since

p7xwuwu.jpg

Onwrd Farm

Ultimate Member
    Feb 17, 2013
    Carroll County
    Did it look anything like this? I *believe* this is a coyote, saw it in my back yard this summer in westminster. Haven't seen anything like it since

We have not seen any during the day. Hear quite a few around at night and have caught some glowy eyes in the flashlight. Folks just down the way saw 3 at dusk and said they were definitely yotes. Scat piles and such are all over in the back of our property.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead

p7xwuwu.jpg
    That pic looks like a fox to me. Reddish on top, blackish legs, appears to be a white tail tip. Granted, this opinion from a small, fuzzy pic. If the colors are true, even if blurry, that’s a fox. Body silhouette looks wrong too for a coyote. Little too stubby, I think yotes are a little longer. No coyote expert tho, admittedly.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I don’t mean to be a dick, but why are people so excited about coyote sightings? They are in every county in MD including Baltimore City. They are literally everywhere.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    I don’t mean to be a dick, but why are people so excited about coyote sightings? They are in every county in MD including Baltimore City. They are literally everywhere.
    Why do people fill up this “Maryland Shooters” gun related message board with 97% of totally un-shooting and un-Maryland related threads and topics? You have to let it go.......;)

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country

The reason I have pursued a life long interest in Mechanical Engineering and Machine Design was because of the Coyote!

How could you NOT be excited.

fe7106bf29f7fc75d2bfb5813e27ca8c.gif

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Seen 2 while doing what little deer hunting i did on our farm at the corner of marston rd and rt27 in Westminster. Have plans to try and eradicate some this winter if I can find the time and 1 or 2 guys/gals that can help get it done.

Onwrd Farm

Ultimate Member
    Feb 17, 2013
    Carroll County

Just giving a heads up to folks that live out this way. The population here has risen significantly since Lehigh started work on the New Windsor quarry. Figuring folks with small critters would want to know......

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    I saw a couple while I was out deer hunting last month. I had one come to within 10 feet of me, however I didn't shoot it because I didn't have a round loaded in my gun yet. I scared it off though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom