• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    DE is known to drop states then reinstate them soon after. I'm not sure why but it happems far to often.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    FL (non res) is legal in DE. I do it all the time in VA an DE on FL. I checked with the State to confirm what the web says.

As stated before, HQL covers the training for FL. That's how SWMBO got her FL. Did the paperwork an prints while on vacation an permit was in her hand in 20 days.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    FL (non res) is legal in DE. I do it all the time in VA an DE on FL. I checked with the State to confirm what the web says.

As stated before, HQL covers the training for FL. That's how SWMBO got her FL. Did the paperwork an prints while on vacation an permit was in her hand in 20 days.

I looked at the Florida website. Seems like NR FL can be done online.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Important point

Prints must be taken at a LE agency. Fingerprints done at a fingerprint vendor are not acceptable.

The LE agency must put their name and address on the blank space in the right corner on the other side of the card

From print instruction sheet

Attachments

• fl prints.jpg
      fl prints.jpg
      119.1 KB · Views: 133

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Important point

Prints must be taken at a LE agency. Fingerprints done at a fingerprint vendor are not acceptable.

The LE agency must put their name and address on the blank space in the right corner on the other side of the card

I called located BCPD precinct and they said they no longer do them. MSP said the same. Not really sure who to call, any recommendations?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I know someone will chime in, but MSP at Frederick MVA used to do them. That seems to differ from the general MSP policy.

I think someone mentioned Charles County PD but not sure if they do them for non county residents.

RolfeJr

Oct 23, 2018
    I called located BCPD precinct and they said they no longer do them. MSP said the same. Not really sure who to call, any recommendations?

MVA in Bel Air did ours with an appointment. 15 minutes for us. They will print the electronics on the FL card
    Check with your local branch

jef955

MDS Supporter
    Feb 26, 2011
    Maryland
    I looked at the Florida website. Seems like NR FL can be done online.

It can.

I did mine online a few months ago. I did my prints at work and mailed them in with the application number after completing everything online. Was actually a fairly straight forward process.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I think the Florida non resident would be sufficient, not quite clear if it can be done solely online or would require to be done while there. Obviously PA is a separate issue not covered under Florida NR CCW.

TH FL non-resident CCW can be obtained on-line without going to FL. But as previous posters have stated, one needs to have obtained the necessary training in order to qualify. I used the certificate I got when I took the NRA handgun safety class as my training and had no problems getting the NR CCW.

Cal68

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    TH FL non-resident CCW can be obtained on-line without going to FL. But as previous posters have stated, one needs to have obtained the necessary training in order to qualify. I used the certificate I got when I took the NRA handgun safety class as my training and had no problems getting the NR CCW.

Cal68

Hopefully the 16 hours I took here counts.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    If taught by an NRA instructor or taken from a certified trainer and included live fire you are GTG

The exception to the live fire requirement is a hunter safety class

Last edited:

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Make sure your training certificate shows the instructors NRA or Maryland cert number. It needs to be a course Florida can confirm. They may call if they are not familiar with the instructor. It isn't a big deal as long as they can confirm the instructor and class. Also the class must include live fire.

They will accept ink cards done at a CJIS facility in Maryland. The CJIS facility needs to put their information on the back of the card. The reason they will accept them is CJIS is a licensed commercial agent of MSP.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Funny, I just got off the phone with CJIS and came to update the thread. I'm 10 minutes from CJIS so I'm going to to them, not quite clear if any vendor can submit prints.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom